Mario Strikers - Wii

Kramer

Must be something with the servers Earl they went a bit iffy around then

I had a fun game, i've just about got teleporting past the keeper perfected ;)

Hopefully the servers will be up and running so we can have a rematch sometime ;)

Cheers for the game Gareth. I was a bit distracted in the second match, my analogue control got stuck pulling to the right twice. I had to disconnect the nunchuck then reconnect to fix it. When you scored the second goal I had someone at the door, so I quickly answered it whilst waggling the remote hoping to keep you at bay. Somehow, it seemed to work.

Cheers for the game Gareth. I was a bit distracted in the second match, my analogue control got stuck pulling to the right twice. I had to disconnect the nunchuck then reconnect to fix it. When you scored the second goal I had someone at the door, so I quickly answered it whilst waggling the remote hoping to keep you at bay. Somehow, it seemed to work.

Annihilated 8) If that was real it would have been something like Brazil vs Lithuania. I can't work out how you were keeping the ball passed round in mid air and your captain, was it Daisy? You seemed to melt through my goalkeeper at one point. I need more practice. Still it's nice to play against someone who isn't lagging all the time, even if they are vastly superior

This is a bit of a useless post because I don't have my code for this yet and I haven't entered any of yours yet either. And now I have to go to work. But this is just a post to let you know I plan on playing some of you fine people soon!

Annihilated 8) If that was real it would have been something like Brazil vs Lithuania. I can't work out how you were keeping the ball passed round in mid air and your captain, was it Daisy? You seemed to melt through my goalkeeper at one point. I need more practice. Still it's nice to play against someone who isn't lagging all the time, even if they are vastly superior

Yes, Daisy. Her dodge move is a teleport. When you are holding a glowing white ball the teleport goes miles, right into the back of the net. You weren't annihilated anyway, we had 2 close matches. You are miles better than some of the randoms I've played where the result has been something like 12-2 to me (at which point they usually disconnect).

I just had the SWEETEST VICTORY EVER against a Hammer Bros spammer! I was 3-1 down in the deciding game (no prizes for guessing how he scored his goals) and within the the final minute I managed to claw back two goals, taking us into sudden death, the entirety of which consisted of him doing his Hammer Bros smash move all the way up the pitch. I managed to nab the ball off him, do a few lob passes, then made Wario smash it into the back of the spamming motherfucker's net. YES.

Then he disconnected and I didn't get the bloody wins I deserved, but man, it was worth it.

I love a story with a happy ending. 8) I've beaten a few of them, but just find the game mind numbingly dull.

Good games tonight though Spore, you have a knack of coming back. The 4-3 game in particular was nuts, you'd a great chance at the end to cap it off as well. Goals seemed to fly in for me tonight, couldn't score at all today, weird.

I thought I was gonna come back in that last game too! Almost! I seemed to concede so many goals right at the beginning of the games, then spent the remaining time playing catch up. Come backs are so sweet when you manage them though.

I think we're pretty much even, you know - our series always feel like they could go either way. I've been pretty lucky when playing you, I think. And I'm still learning about / getting used to the controls, which explains my colossal amount of losses. Like, I only just found out you can intercept lobbed passes, and that the charge of the ball affects how far you can dodge/teleport (depending on your character).

yeah that's what I meant to say

you were a lucky bastard :unsure:

I had the odd stat error disconnect, but I was quite pleased to see the servers behaving themselves yesterday evening.

Hopefully the hours and hours of being unable to connect are now behind us.

Hopefully the hours and hours of being unable to connect are now behind us.

Nah, it's really buggy this evening. I just lost a connection in the middle of the game, and I doubt he disconnected given he was winning 1-0. Then the season stats tables were missing, and when they reappeared my losses seemed to have increased by two. It's pretty grim when you can't trust the accuracy of your own stats due to a wonky online service.

---------------------------------

Everyone added.

---------------------------------

I haven't played at all this week, either due to stat error or going out.

Hopefully get on this weekend for a few games.

Urgh, I just had the worst game ever against a random with with an excellent win/loss ratio. Every time my Daisy would break away creating enough room for a super strike the game would start lagging. Powering up the strike, it was impossible to stop the guage where I wanted it because the game was running at 1fps. As soon as the guy had to save the goals the game returned to normal speed. The opposite happened when he got a megastrike. Saving 6 balls when the 'a' button doesn't always register because of lag is impossible. It was clearly him causing the lag.

Not that it matters because I won the series 2 games to 1, I was expecting him to disconnect. Speaking of which...

It looks like they have found a way to disconnect without getting losses too. I was up against someone with 125 wins and 20 losses. He disconnected just before the 1st game ended when I was 4-2 up...

Still, games like that are the minority. Most of the games I've played have been fine.

I've addded everyone up to here, should be online sometime soon.

Dunno what happened with our game Drew, you were 2-0 up and I got a connection lost message, just to let you know I didn't quit the game cos I was getting beat.

I need more single player practice in the cups, I'm getting beat almost every time I go online.

Sorry Jolly, someone tripped over the internet wire. I don't know what happened in the first game, it seemed like every time I shot, I scored. Bit lucky to say the least, very good 2nd game though. I'll be back in a while if you're up for a rematch.

Sorry Jolly, someone tripped over the internet wire. I don't know what happened in the first game, it seemed like every time I shot, I scored. Bit lucky to say the least, very good 2nd game though. I'll be back in a while if you're up for a rematch.

You really took me to town that first game. 7-1! I was kicked out before my next game , and was getting the old "Error Getting Stats" message when I treid to connect, so trouble was probably around the corner anyway.

I won't be back on tonight I'm afraid, M'Lady has the T.V booked up with a Channel 4 Reality T.V binge, but I'm certainly up for a rematch some other time.

Fuck sake, every time I win 2 out of 3 the game allocates all the points and then goes back to the main online screen and says the now infamous "Error getting Stats," the next time I go back online I'm -5 points on what I had from the last time I logged on, it doesn't ever happen when I lose a game though. It it the server's fuck up or did my opponent each time disconnect in some way to allocate them the points?