alex

Atari Jaguar

Electronics Boutique came across a huge stock of them a few years back and sold them in store for ten quid each. I bought three and dumped them on Ebay a year later for £50 a pop. They're worth even more now. Amazing scenes.

• Upvote 1

Electronics Boutique came across a huge stock of them a few years back and sold them in store for ten quid each. I bought three and dumped them on Ebay a year later for £50 a pop. They're worth even more now. Amazing scenes.

Yeah! I remember seeing them, cellophaned up in an EB once. Indeed, incredible scenes.

£30 = £150. Nice one steve!

tempest is shit. I have no idea why people think its the dogs balls.

Playing the original Tempest in MAME on keys is shit.

Playing Tempest 2000 on a Jaguar in a darkened room with a beer buzz is AWESOME.

Guest NAVVARR

kind of have to agree- was never a great fan of Tempest.

Also bought Defender2000 - and although the original remake is pretty playable- the actually update defender2000 -is duff.

The jaguar itself never really had many great games- did it? prove me wrong?!

No, you're right. It didn't.

Even T2K couldn't save it. Also, hear the desperate reverie of Jaguar fans telling you that Aliens Vs Predator is "excellent" on it, then witness the thing running. Oh dear.

Playing the original Tempest in MAME on keys is shit.

Playing Tempest 2000 on a Jaguar in a darkened room with a beer buzz is AWESOME.

Tempest on the Jag was amazing. I've never got on with any other version and I had no other good games for my Jaguar either. It was still amazing though.

No, you're right. It didn't.

Even T2K couldn't save it. Also, hear the desperate reverie of Jaguar fans telling you that Aliens Vs Predator is "excellent" on it, then witness the thing running. Oh dear.

Tempest is the only possible reason to own a Jag. Its pure arcade-style magic

Oh and AVP was, is and always will be shite.

Id love a Jag and this is tempting....

now if only I can convince my wife to let me spend a hundred quid on a dead console that had two decent games........

does the one they are selling have cybermorph with it?

• Upvote 1

I'm sure I've put mine on here several times and nobody has ever bought it, lol. AvP was OK at the time, terrible looking back on it now. Iron Soldier was one of my faves, used to love the user-controllable missle.

They bought Telegames stock of Jag and Lynx hardware.

so, that story about them buying some french company and "discovering" a warehouse full of jags, lynxes and gamegears (majesco one's not compatible with the TV tuner) was bullshit?

I fucking knew it!

I fucking knew it!

That was the story at the time, basically they paid about a pound a unit so the story went - considering it came from a store manager I would consider it fairly reliable info but if someone was to come forward and say they were on the buying team and inform us how it all happened then I'd obviously bow to that knowledge.

Theres news in MCV about a company buying out some major stock of older games over the last few years so that should be interesting, I'd assume they be either talking to Telegames and buying some of their stuff or the shop in Marlow bucks that used to be a major treasure trove for older games in the 90's and early part of the decade.

This better not be true!

Those turds at telegames ripped of us Lynx owners buy charging £34-£39.99 a cart for years after the system was dead, and then they go and sell up to Game at rock bottom prices.

Anyway great games for the Jag would be

Tempest 2000

Good games for the Jag were

AVP

Iron Soldier,

Raiden,

Atari Karts

Rayman

so, that story about them buying some french company and "discovering" a warehouse full of jags, lynxes and gamegears (majesco one's not compatible with the TV tuner) was bullshit?

I fucking knew it!

When i worked in GAME it was public knowlege they all came from Telegames, they even had their logo on the shelving where all this stuff was placed and there was even talk of it becoming a proper retro section, i guess a bit like Gamestation. Don't know why they didn't go through with it because apart from a few jag games (which were way over stocked compared to the systems) everything sold very quickly.

This better not be true!

Those turds at telegames ripped of us Lynx owners buy charging £34-£39.99 a cart for years after the system was dead, and then they go and sell up to Game at rock bottom prices.

Anyway great games for the Jag would be

Ironically it's because Telegames charged a fortune that they had to "dump" them. No one was stupid enough to pay what they wanted

Thats precisely it, I remember ringing them up and asking for prices on some lynx carts and being amazed at the prices they were trying to charge, I pointed out it was a dead system and surely if they wanted to sell more games they should be priced more reasonably. He said the fact it was retro and rare justified their prices, clearly this was a company who were fans of items sitting gathering dust on warehouse shelves as opposed to actually making them any money by being bought by consumers.

Are these idiots even still in business in any shape or form any more?

Raiden was amazing on the Jag. I used to spend quite a bit of time on Iron Soldier & Theme Park too.

Ah yeah Theme Park was another fave on the Jag. Still got Raiden (and IS, Tempest 2k), also pretty damn fine. I did have a CD unit for ages, used to play the Highlander game for hours at a time 'cos I couldn't save the damn thing as the local importer couldn't get his hands on a memory cart :angry: Myst too, that was something else at the time. I think I traded it in for a SNES (mine broke see) and a handful of games to some Jaguar nut. Still love Tempest 2k though, perhaps the reason I've had the machine for so long. What was it, "Television is the retina of the mind's eye"? Duh duh duh duh... I've got the soundtrack but it's not the same unless you're playing it. And it's just not quite right on the CD systems as the music looped with a slight pause, annoying.

/me wonders off to the loft...