rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Djx

Rambo

Trautman: I don't think you understand. I didn't come to rescue Rambo from you. I came here to rescue you from him.

Teasle: Well, we all appreciate your concern Colonel, I will try to be extra careful!

Trautman: You picked the wrong man to push.

Teasle: No, Trautman, HE picked the wrong man.

Trautman: That boy's a heart attack! He may be the best the Special Forces ever produced. Whatever you're planning to throw at him here, he's been through a whole lot worse, in lot worse places than this. I'm just amazed he allowed any of your posse to live.

Teasle: Is that right?

Trautman: Strictly speaking, he slipped up. You're lucky to be breathing.

Teasle: That's just great. Colonel, you came out here to find out why one of your machines blew a gasket!

Trautman: You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition. Well Rambo was the best.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teasle: Are you telling me that 200 of our men against your boy is a no-win situation for us?

Trautman: You send that many, don't forget one thing.

Teasle: What?

Trautman: A good supply of body bags.

OK I admit, it looks the shit. Yay for uber violence! But i mean wtf..... Sly looks like shit. Did he not get busted going into Aus last week with growth hormones or something.

EDIT: not really seen Rambo III (bits of it): Did Colonel Trautman get wasted? is he not in Rambo 4?

EDIT: not really seen Rambo III (bits of it): Did Colonel Trautman get wasted? is he not in Rambo 4?

The actor has been dead for 4 years. So no then.

Mmm, it's not exactly a chick flick, is it? :D I can't imagine this getting much of a cinema release over here, but to be honest, I don't care. This is one for DVD where you can rewind and rewatch all your favourite gorey moments. :(

I watched it for the first time last night, and it's amazing how well First Blood stands up.

It stands up because it's more than just an action movie - it's an artistic expression of a real problem - an analysis of those that returned from the Vietnam war changed people. When Rambo has his tearful rant at the end it is unbelievably emotionally charged.

It stands up because it's more than just an action movie - it's an artistic expression of a real problem - an analysis of those that returned from the Vietnam war changed people. When Rambo has his tearful rant at the end it is unbelievably emotionally charged.

Yeah!

And he kills people too.

Sly looks like shit.

How will you look at 60?

I can't imagine this getting much of a cinema release over here

I think it will. And I think it'll be massive. Men want their violence back. Am I wrong?

Men want their violence back. Am I wrong?

You're not wrong. Stick Hugh Grant in the movie as well, pull in the chick cinema going contingent. Then laugh as his guts gets slashed open with a knife and whoop with immature glee as his innards snake onto the floor. :(

How will you look at 60?

Like a bag of shite tied in the middle. But then I doubt I will be looking to take on some poorly trained indigenous milita on the way back from ASDA.

Good lord, that's good. I was wondering what the fuck was happening and then heads-a-flying and machine gunned into bloody gibs happened and I was all smiley and happy. Looks marvellous!