IGNORED

Hardcore 'till I die!

Eats hoops and leaves

Is anybody else here into a bit of hardcore?

I require a listen of a hardcore mix in the morning while drinking my coffee and posting on this place. The utterly cheezy lyrics about bettering yourself and lost love give me a dose of self-belief mixed with some sly pathos, and honestly, nothing clears my mind and gets me energised, ready to take on the day's challenges like a bit of some nodding into a land made entirely of melody and synths. I love the way it doesn't try to be anything else, it totally wears what it is on its sleeve and makes no apologies. Hardcore is there to do only two things: make you happy and make you dance. I couldn't imagine waking up with anything else.

So, am I the only one on here? If not, why don't we share favourite mixes? Hardcore is all about sharing the love, after all B)

it has shit on its sleeve?

it's the noise the chavs use as their anthem on busses up and down the country, that and pinky and fuckin' perky singing. :ph34r:

as the Buzzcocks sang...noise annoys!

nah! me no likey.

Go-Go-Go-Go-Go Berzerk!

Well, it's not exactly typical hardcore but it isScott Brown. And it's awesome.

For a reasonable introduction try the Hardcore Heaven compilations, they're 3 disc boxes with each disc mixed by a different person. HH3 was the best, IMO. Sy, Brisk and Kevin Energy. Brisks CD in particular is fantastic.

HH2 was pretty good too, purely for Brisk & Ham - Angel Eyes. Choooooon. 4 was probably the weakest so far. Great compilations though.

Few friends of mine are going to HTID In The Sun this Summer. Bastards. Should be fantastic.

So we're talking of what used to be called 'happy hardcore' back in the day?

Now I don't mind a touch of '92 hardcore, but when it went all 4-4 plinky plonky I went with the drum n bass.

Whilst this hardcore is undoubtably high-energy and gets almost anyone going first thing, I dunno, heard it blasted out of a shitty phone at full blast on the bus too many times to want to give it a chance.

Go-Go-Go-Go-Go Berzerk!

Well, it's not exactly typical hardcore but it isScott Brown. And it's awesome.

For a reasonable introduction try the Hardcore Heaven compilations, they're 3 disc boxes with each disc mixed by a different person. HH3 was the best, IMO. Sy, Brisk and Kevin Energy. Brisks CD in particular is fantastic.

HH2 was pretty good too, purely for Brisk & Ham - Angel Eyes. Choooooon. 4 was probably the weakest so far. Great compilations though.

Few friends of mine are going to HTID In The Sun this Summer. Bastards. Should be fantastic.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

it's the noise the chavs use as their anthem on busses up and down the country, that and pinky and fuckin' perky singing. :ph34r:

as the Buzzcocks sang...noise annoys!

That's like saying "Chavs drive cars, so I won't have one". Listening to anything on shit mobile phone speakers ruins it for everyone.

I'm with Vimster, though - old school hardcore, acid house, the first Prodigy album, a Guy Called Gerald, jumpers for goalposts, mmm, isn't it?

(old)

Is anybody else here into a bit of hardcore?

I require a listen of a hardcore mix in the morning while drinking my coffee and posting on this place. The utterly cheezy lyrics about bettering yourself and lost love give me a dose of self-belief mixed with some sly pathos, and honestly, nothing clears my mind and gets me energised, ready to take on the day's challenges like a bit of some nodding into a land made entirely of melody and synths. I love the way it doesn't try to be anything else, it totally wears what it is on its sleeve and makes no apologies. Hardcore is there to do only two things: make you happy and make you dance. I couldn't imagine waking up with anything else.

So, am I the only one on here? If not, why don't we share favourite mixes? Hardcore is all about sharing the love, after all B)

Whats some good hardcore?

Is Billy Bunter a hradcore DJ yeah? Billy BUnter is local legend, dunno if its teh same guy though.

I used to have loads of tapes of the stuff when I was at school. Mostly from 93-95 I guess but I've grown to appreciate the older, more inventive stuff with age. Can't beat the classic breakbeats from the late 80s early 90s. It all went a bit wrong after that when the beats sped up and so did the pitch of the vocals (all samples of popular songs too). That mix you posted isn't quite so offensive but it's still pretty bad. It's like trance but worse, with extra thumpy beats and a chav talking over it.

My theory is this: If it's not available on cassette, it's probably not good Hardcore.

Fusion 94, classic stuff for driving round town with :ph34r:

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00085.jpg

Why is this hardcore as opposed to club dance, trance, house, whatever other techno-but-not-quite-techno-enough subgenres there are.

I thought you meant good hardcore. The only hardcore I've heard of is like Walls of Jericho...

My theory is this: If it's not available on cassette, it's probably not good Hardcore.

Top theory! Agreed. Still got stacks of tapes from the early days...but I, like someone else said, went the jungle/d'n'b route when the music split. Still love a blast of good ol' 'ardcore jungle tekno though B)

Daimond D knows the score!

Funnily enough, I found this old Dj Seduction record while digging through some crates in a smelly basement the other day and it still sounds awesome!!

I used to do a bit of work for Basement Records which was one of the original jungle techno labels back in the day. Top Buzz were and still are the best hardcore dj's.

Classic tune mate! That was on the first tape I ever acquired...Lomas, DJ Lisa & Easygroove at Pulse at Swansea Uni...fantastic stuff :memories: :)

Basement was in Reading wasn't it? Or am I mixing it up with something else?

Top Buzz were quality...Easygroove was always my personal favourite back then...Mickey Finn & Ratty were good too...and Carl Cox could smash a top hardcore set before he went big time.

More people should listen to teranoid & MC Natsack, some absolutely fantastic hardcore/j-core (I suppose it counts as that?) will upload some in a bit from the teranoid feat. Koja Yukino album.

The Japanese lyrics might bother you, but the music is bloody fantastic!

Basement was in Reading wasn't it? Or am I mixing it up with something else?

Yeah the shop was in Reading, they had a label as well. Eventually they became Vinyl Distribution and put out all the drum and bass records.

and Carl Cox could smash a top hardcore set before he went big time.

The Wizard!!

Does anyone have Hardcore Heaven vol. 2? It features a tune by Force and Styles (I think that's their name) and I think it was mixed by Slipmat. The lyrics go:

Sing me another love song

And I'll sing you a lullaby

And it won't be long until you see my coming

To be with you, by your side.

I NEED this in my life!

happy hardcore force and styles - pacific sun 1.mp3 - 6.31MB

And also, to esaer et al, rather than talking about how it used to be better, why not post some tunes up so we can hear too? I have some old stuff like Fantazia and Carl Cox at my parent's house, but I've not listened to them in years.

http://www.timdp2.com/cgi-bin/mixed.pl?sho...992-acidbearboy

* .: Zero B - Lock Up (monolith mix)

* .: DJ Seduction - Hardcore Heaven

* .: Bizarre Inc. - Playing With Knives (Quadrant mix)

* .: Joey Beltram - Energy Flash

* .: Shades of Rhythm - Sounds of Eden

* .: SL2 - Way In My Brain

* .: The Prodigy - Charly (Original version)

* .: Electric Choc - Shock the Beats

* .: Awesome 3 - Don't Go

* .: T99 - Anasthasia (Out of History mix)

* .: SL2 - DJ's Take Control

* .: Cubic 22 - Night In Motion

* .: Liquid - Sweet Harmony

Not the best mix ever and a rather commercial selection of tunes, but sadly I don't have much of 'the good old stuff' on the computer. I'll have a rummage for some better stuff later.