IGNORED

New Biffy Clyro

Lovelyman

Just downloaded a sample of Puzzle, since I read a few good things about it in WHSmiths yesterday while waiting for the lovely in Boots.

It sounds pretty impressive. Like a post hardcore Tool with more britishness and a bit of Fugazi in it too.

Is the album going to be totally fucking sweet or are they just having a media blowout?

Have to be my least favourite live band around. My gig going mate is obsessed with them so I have to go along every fucking time they tour. They're so completely soulless as live performers I find, wouldn't hurt them to acknowledge the existence of something beyond the guitars they play. I have Infinity Land and Blackened Sky on record I think and I don't mind that so much. They have so many songs that build up amazing promise and then go fucking nowhere. They're more like the Anti-Tool.

Biffy are one of those bands I like but I rarely listen to their albums. I quite enjoyed Blackened Sky and Infinity Land. Missed out on Virtigo of Bliss though.

I remember they toured with Hell is for Heroes for quite a while. I always thought HIFH would be more popular than Biffy but it doesn't look like that's the case these days.

Biffy are one of those bands I like but I rarely listen to their albums. I quite enjoyed Blackened Sky and Infinity Land. Missed out on Virtigo of Bliss though.

I remember they toured with Hell is for Heroes for quite a while. I always thought HIFH would be more popular than Biffy but it doesn't look like that's the case these days.

Dunno, have HIFH got a label at the moment? Have they got any songs aside from "I can climb mountains"? Last time I saw them (supporting Biffy, as it goes) the answer to both was pretty much "no". Shame though, ICCM is wicked song.

I'm not biased. Because of Scottishness. Just in case you thought I was. :lol:

Seeing them on the 22nd...wheee.

Same. Seen them once before, at Astoria, and they were amazing. I'm loving their new stuff, even if it is a bit commercial. "Saturday Superhouse" and "Living is a Problem..." are sublime ;)

Dunno, have HIFH got a label at the moment? Have they got any songs aside from "I can climb mountains"? Last time I saw them (supporting Biffy, as it goes) the answer to both was pretty much "no". Shame though, ICCM is wicked song.

Apparently HIFH are now signed to Burning Heart Records. Album number three is released on 11th of June. Their second album, which they released independently, was a bit of a let down to be honest. I think they toured recently cos a mate of mine wanted me to go with him. Anyway, I digress, HIFH isn't what the thread's about.

Any idea when 'Puzzle' is released? I've only heard the single which, in truth, sounds pretty similar to their other stuff. I'll go and see them at Reading this year, it's been a while.

Well, Puzzle is "out there" as of this morning (i believe). Go check all the good sites.

The quality of the singles/promo bits had me looking forward to it but I'm rather disappointed with the stuff i havent heard so far. :lol:

It's a bit crap then?