IGNORED

Starcraft 2 - Official Thread

therealjohnpeat

As asked, what is a guest pass? You can play it for free for a bit I guess?

Question: Has there ever been proper co-op in RTS games. So you could do 2v2. Perhaps even with options to divide up who controls military/who controls the rest? Yeah, co-op with the same resources/troops - not co-op with their own lot of troops/resources...?

Question: Has there ever been proper co-op in RTS games. So you could do 2v2. Perhaps even with options to divide up who controls military/who controls the rest? Yeah, co-op with the same resources/troops - not co-op with their own lot of troops/resources...?

7 hours game time or 14 day licence, whatever comes first.

Dawn of war 2 has a functional co-op mode, one of you controls two units and one of you controls the other two. It becomes more like tactical diablo than anything else though.

The excellent World in Conflict has up to 8 vs 8 with players choosing to control the Air, Armour, Infantry or Support. You can also give players your special ability points so one player on your team can get the nuke quicker.

Red Alert 3's co-op campaign also featured a lot of missions which restricted each player to a certain role which would flip later on.

Hoping to grab this at teatime from HMV with a shedload of Wii trade-ins as I'm so very very poor....

Like the rest of you "claim" I will be truly terribad at this but fancy having a crack anyway. Can you only add friends via RealID then? Or is there a Starcraft-only friends system in place?

Halo Wars was ace for co-op / team games.

Ooo, could I also nab a guest pass off anyone who has a spare one that they wont be using?

Also, have we had any confirmation about the collectors edition pet being "Code-less"?

PMed.

And Mini Thor is linked to the SC2 activation code on Bnet, there's no separate code for it like earlier pets like Mini-Tyrael.

Thank goodness this forum is back running!

Im in the states currently and itching to buy sc2. Can someone tell me if I can buy a copy here and have it still work in the UK-Europe? Im worried that if I buy it here that I wont be able to log onto the European server when I get home?

Anyone else listening to the news when they are on the ship between missions?

Emperor Mengsk reminds me so much of David Cameron with his 'work hard, everyone in it together, sacrifices to be made if we want to pull through' propaganda bullshit it's scary

Anyone elses download just taking absolutely ages? Mines been going about two hours and reckons it'll be abother eight going at 150 kb/s. Fuck Battle.net. I could have torrented this ten times as fast.

Try turning off Peer to Peer, it helped for me.

Quick note:

If you're doing my form and you're only entering your character name and not your battle.net email address, you HAVE to enter your character code as well, or no-one can add you. If you've done this wrong, add your details again and I'll remove the duplicates from the list.

Your character code is a 3 digit number supplied to you when you create your character.