IGNORED

Terminator 4: Salvation

Vimster

Here are the writing credits according to IMDB:

Looks like a LOT of people were involved in the writing, and I don't understand the difference between 'story' writer and 'screenplay' writer.

It's the difference between coming up with the story (the plot, outline etc) and actually writing the script (structure, dialogue etc).

Why are you assuming that the entire film will be set in desert wastelands?

I reckon plenty of it will be. Cos it's cheap and they've gotta save money somewhere.

And that line by Bale: We have to stay the course or we're all dead!

Sorry, this REALLY doesn't inspire.

Given than Cameron was so much a part of creating the post nuclear war (something that's always been a big theme with his movies) world in the first two, was there NO way they could have got him to come back and do another movie??

I mean, again .... you only have to think .... if only he HAD written and directed the sequel to ALIENS.

You realise it's a rather expensive movie, don't you?

Given that Christian Bale is the star and that he doesn't come at a knock down price*, what do you think?

With all this decision about budget, remind me: was McG the guy who walked away from Superman because the studio wouldn't let him shoot it in NYC, given the costs involved?

* Unlike Eric Roberts' fee in The Dark Knight

Given than Cameron was so much a part of creating the post nuclear war (something that's always been a big theme with his movies) world in the first two, was there NO way they could have got him to come back and do another movie??

A little thing called Avatar says 'no'.

I think that this looks ace. Clearly, as with every film that has ever had a trailer, it could all go wrong.

First up; they've finally changed the setting. Rather than try to up the ante on the same "chase/stalker" take on the story, by moving it to the future we've only seen glimpses of we get something different, something more tense. The new backdrop could and should add a different element to the story.

Second; Arnie isn't in it. This means that, unlike Terminator 3, it won't be hampered by a career that's been on a downward spiral for an age.

Third; Christian Bale is in it. He's on the upward spiral, although I'm disappointed he seems to have stuck with the Batvoice. But the guy can carry a half decent script, has screen presence and has done the action schtik before. And well.

Fourth; the line "this isn't how it was supposed to be" or similar. Suggests a different take on things, it's buying into the time travel shit.

Fifth; the good terminator. This, against the army of Skynet, could be pretty sweet.

Sixth; there was a terminator factory in there.

Seventh; the terminopeds look pretty fucking good in action, to be honest.

Eight; McG isn't actually a shitty director. Sure, you may have not liked the tone of the Charlie's Angels movies, but the direction was damned solid. The performances he got were a-ok, the action was well shot and put together, the effects were well done and they hung together well. He's a damned site better than Ratner.

Ninth; THERE IS A GIANT ROBOT WITH A LASER CANNON FOR A HEAD IN IT.

• 3 weeks later...
[nerd]The chest isa bit bulky isn't it?[/nerd]

Heh...I'll explain...

It's supposed to be an earlier version, so it was designed to be more bulky.

Nah, in that shot it's not the 'new' T600 it as actually the T700 which is a similar build to the T800 but a bit 'rougher'. The T600 is much much more rougher (as seen in that big pic I sent today)

I thought the T600s were the ones with rubber skin. Why would T700s have no skin?

The T600's are known as 'skin jobs' as mentioned by Reese in T1, they use the T600 endoskeleton. They are the same thing. The shot with the 700 is in a 'factory setting' so it hasn't had skin added yet.

Danny Elfman to score Salvation. :(

One thing you have to admit about McG is that he has hired all the right people and has been saying all the right things. When it comes to the score for Terminator Salvation, it is no different. Danny Elfman has confirmed to MTV that he will be composing the music for McG’s Terminator film.

Elman says that the classic Terminator theme song by composer Brad Fiedel has not been included in the film yet, but admits that “if it comes up and it seems appropriate, we will [use it]“. I’m guessing that if for some reason they couldn’t find a use for it in the actual film itself (and I think they will) it would be included as the closing credits song.

Danny Elfman has been nominated for three Academy Awards, and has scored such films as the Tim Burton movies, the Spider-Man films, Men in Black, Good Will Hunting, Mission: Impossible, Batman, and Army of Darkness. Elfman has always been hit or miss for me, but I have a feeling that Terminator will be a good fit for him.

Source: /Film

Surely the Terminator theme has to be in there?

It has to be, yes. There's nothing wrong with Elfman per se, with his Batman and Simpson themes he created two of the most iconic themes in the entertainment industry. And you can add many more to the list, with A Nightmare Before Christmas and Edward Scissorhands being my other faves. Also quite liked the Wanted score that he did last year.

But man, what would a Terminator movie be without Brad Fiedel's Terminator theme?

Make sure it's in there, Danny.

It has to be, yes. There's nothing wrong with Elfman per se, with his Batman and Simpson themes he created two of the most iconic themes in the entertainment industry. And you can add many more to the list, with A Nightmare Before Christmas and Edward Scissorhands being my other faves. Also quite liked the Wanted score that he did last year.

But man, what would a Terminator movie be without Brad Fiedel's Terminator theme?

Make sure it's in there, Danny.

It wasnt in the third movie though was it? Only at the end credits.

I reckon the only decent bit of music Danny Elfman has done for films is the Weird Science theme. His scores are usually flowery, toothless nonsense.

Why the job couldn't have gone to Fiedel is beyond me. As far as I'm aware he's still totally capable of some musical menace.

Last month we brought you exclusive word that the "Salvation" soundtrack will also include a track by the film's star, hip-hop artist Common. The rapper plays the role of Barnes, a freedom fighter who battles Skynet alongside John Connor.

Oh FFS...

"Those motherfuckin machines yo, don't lose sight, begin the fight!...Yeah, Yeah...Tonight!"

I reckon the only decent bit of music Danny Elfman has done for films is the Weird Science theme. His scores are usually flowery, toothless nonsense.

Why the job couldn't have gone to Fiedel is beyond me. As far as I'm aware he's still totally capable of some musical menace.

Toothless my arse, mate.

I did say usually, but I take your point. He's done some nice gutsy dramatic pieces on occasion, but often I find his stuff meanders away to no particular end. I recall noticing it around the release of the first Spiderman and now his scores really grate on me.

I'm just bitter at the lack of Fiedel. I loves him so.