Splinter Cell: Conviction

I only tried co-op on the 360, but Chaos Theory doesn't work if you try to join a regular Xbox 1 partner. Just dumps you back out.

If you try and join another 360 it works, but the performance is unplayably bad.

This was years ago when it was first made BC though, maybe they've patched it since.

This from Tobert in the thread in Online:

Test it out last night and all seemed fine, played a 4 player game on aqua and it seemed pretty much perfect.

Looks like it's working, so if anyone wants to play with us, see the thread in Online. I'll stop banging on about Spies Vs Mercs in here now.

I noticed a new Conviction video on the Marketplace last night, but all it showed was some fetishistic camera angles of what I assume is a mutliplayer skin followed by a URL, codeofconviction.com.

Naturally I took the traditional first step of any viral marketing campaign: checking the website source code for clues. Sure enough there's a comment linking the website to Red Scope Security and a quick registration later I'm looking at not entirely secure CCTV footage. The first website had a code field that was maxed at four characters, so naturally I tried punching in the four figure numbers visible in one of the feeds. Or number, rather, as the first one I tried — 7694 — happened to work.

Once you've entered the code the website asks you for your e-mail address and Gamertag, wherupon it sends you the following message:

>>>>>>>You have successfully entered Code1<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>When enough further submissions have been processed, your asset will be unlocked<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>You have also been selected for init eval SS_cRE0000 upon ultimate system authorisation<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>Standby<<<<<<<

Reading between the lines — or chevrons — it would seem that the website is waiting for more people to enter the code, and once a target has been reached everyone involved will see the spoils; most likely the multiplayer skin from the video I mentioned. It also doesn't take a genius to realise that being "selected for init eval SS_cRE0000" means getting early access to a demo, so... get registering!

• 2 weeks later...

I think you get access to an early demo and that multiplayer skin from the marketplace video. Not sure there's anything else... maybe it's different rewards depending on which code(s) you enter, but these things seem the most likely.

Bit of fun either way. I got that 2nd code from a video on here: http://theburrower.blogspot.com/

The newspaper shows the White House multiple times, so people worked out the code was 1600 because of that

- can't take credit for working it out myself, I saw it on the video comments. :(

>>>>>>>code 1 authorised - <<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>code 2 authorised – XBL uplink in 24 hours<<<<<<<

>>>>>>> Intel K-A/Coste V - eyes only<<<<<<<

>>>>>>> Lockdown. Input req 3/4=T init eval SS_cRE0000<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>Standby<<<<<<<

That was a couple of days ago - nothing received within the 24 hours.....

I do like these new tools that have been provided to make stealth easier and fun but hope it is not too dumbed down. Last SC I played was Chaos Theory. The new effect to show whether you are in light or dark areas will be better than the old light dark meters as you were never to sure whether you can be seen or not. Also I can see myself having fun with the last known position indicator to circle around guards and ambush them. Liking what I see so far. After Batman AA they have a lot to live up to.

I never entered a third code, only the first two... is that correct or should I be entering something somewhere asap? :quote:

I only input two as well - that link goes to some blogspot website they've setup - Latest message reads like the third has been bypassed.

4th and last code: 8212

Which leads to this e-mail:

>>>>>>>You have successfully entered Code4<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>src trakbak+flag – poss K-A<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>When enough further submissions have been processed, your asset will be unlocked<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>further activity monitor+sec chk<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>You have also been selected for init eval SS_cRE0000 upon ultimate system authorisation<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>op aware – auth req/await cfirm<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>Standby<<<<<<<

• 2 weeks later...