Splinter Cell: Conviction

Roboplegic Wrongcock

For anyone who doesn't want to download the interview, he's trying to pass off the 'Spy VS Spy' mode as a Spy VS Mercs equivalent.

Admitedly that could be intriguing but it's not the same thing.

[EDIT] Ah, he's also insinuating that they could add something in the future, yeah.....because Ubi are brilliant with updates/patches.

I really hope they're not confused about this. Spies Vs Mercs = amazing. Spies Vs Spies = not the same thing at all. I think full price for the single player and co-op, and then extra for Spies Vs Mercs is fair enough, and I'm crossing various body parts in the hope that this will eventually happen.

I also preferred Chaos Theory, but I think I remember Stroker once told me the balance wasn't so good, and to be fair he certainly knew the maps better than I did.

I loved the oriental-style map. And the one with the fish tanks. And the orphanage one. Shit, they were all awesome. I'm really, really up for some games. :)

Museum was also a classic as was the "steel Squat" downloadable map, to be honest the game was so deep I don't think I got close to knowing if the balance was off or not. If I played Stoker I just got owned.

ahh memories

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Good to see the old Pandora Tomorrow names coming out of the woodwork for some reminiscence! I remember some truly epic games could be had by turning the timer off completely and reducing the spies lives right down to one apiece. I remember Double O taking about 20 fucking minutes to escape with the canister on the highrise building level using that setup.

The learning curve was mega steep compared to subsequent Live games. It was only the fact that there were hardly any other Live games with playing back then that allowed me to get into it. I never found the time to learn the Chaos Theory maps or figure out the new gadgets.

I bet I still remember Hospital and Museum like the back of my hand though.

ahh memories

:D

I'd actually forgotten a lot of that, the rocket level, camo suit, and using the JCB to smash through a wall in particular. Thanks for stirring up these old grey cells.

I really hope they're not confused about this. Spies Vs Mercs = amazing. Spies Vs Spies = not the same thing at all. I think full price for the single player and co-op, and then extra for Spies Vs Mercs is fair enough, and I'm crossing various body parts in the hope that this will eventually happen.

The way he phrased it seemed to be saying that 'we've got all this new tech so we're going to find modes that make use of that, if we can figure out a way to fit the new gadgets/gimmicks into Spies Vs Mercs then you might see it in the future'. To the extent that he said the 'mark and execute' feature wouldn't work in Spies VS Mercs, so perhaps there's a bit of bull-headedness in there too.

well that's a non-sale for me. :( I loved spies vs mercs, and wont be popping my head back in here till the subtitle says spies and mercs is back. :)

I'd honestly pay full price for a SvM multiplayer game with plenty of maps (old and new) and lots of options.

sad day.

here's to DLC or Conviction 2

Good to see the old Pandora Tomorrow names coming out of the woodwork for some reminiscence! I remember some truly epic games could be had by turning the timer off completely and reducing the spies lives right down to one apiece. I remember Double O taking about 20 fucking minutes to escape with the canister on the highrise building level using that setup.

The learning curve was mega steep compared to subsequent Live games. It was only the fact that there were hardly any other Live games with playing back then that allowed me to get into it. I never found the time to learn the Chaos Theory maps or figure out the new gadgets.

I bet I still remember Hospital and Museum like the back of my hand though.

Indeed! And the one with the trains in it, something "horn"? That and Museum were my faourites, I could tear that shit up when I was spy on those back in the day.

Memories of going to be at 2am after monster sessions and seeing surveillance cameras in my mind whenever I shut my eyes.

Brilliant maps that just revealed more and more as time went on.

Wait? No Spies vs Mercs mode? Fuuuuuuuuuuuu. That was the main reason I wanted this. :( The single player better get some damn good reviews before it comes out for me to not cancel my pre-order.

I liked co-op mode on Chaos Theory but there really is no defence for the removal of Spies vs Mercs. :(

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is £4.49 on Steam. I'm quite tempted but only if anyone can confirm the 360 controller works on it (can't imagine how horrible it would be to play using mouse and keyboard) and if the servers are active? My laptop is way more powerful than the original Xbox so this seems like a cheaper and better way to get some Spies vs Mercs action going on.*

*Besides playing Splinter Cell: Double Agent on the 360 which I still own.

Museum was also a classic as was the "steel Squat" downloadable map, to be honest the game was so deep I don't think I got close to knowing if the balance was off or not. If I played Stoker I just got owned.

Steel Squat was awesome. So many good memories of that game. Nothing since has come close. I miss Spy Sunday and I miss Bravestarr :)

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is £4.49 on Steam. I'm quite tempted but only if anyone can confirm the 360 controller works on it (can't imagine how horrible it would be to play using mouse and keyboard) and if the servers are active? My laptop is way more powerful than the original Xbox so this seems like a cheaper and better way to get some Spies vs Mercs action going on.*

*Besides playing Splinter Cell: Double Agent on the 360 which I still own.

The servers are still up for co-op, I play it semi-regularly.

It works alright with a mouse, but I'm the same and just prefer the feel of a pad for this game. 360 pad works fine - HOWEVER - it's an old game and won't recognise the triggers. You can just use the bumpers if you can handle it, but I used a third party app to bind the triggers to the mouse buttons and that worked great. Xpadder is one such prog which is free, but I paid for Pinnacle Game Profiler 'cos it's ace and has a zillion extra features.

I only tried co-op on the 360, but Chaos Theory doesn't work if you try to join a regular Xbox 1 partner. Just dumps you back out.

If you try and join another 360 it works, but the performance is unplayably bad.

This was years ago when it was first made BC though, maybe they've patched it since.