rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Roboplegic Wrongcock

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Fucking hell, that's a hard bit. The choppers have dropped off a load of people, but they always seem to overrun my position. Any tips?

Snipe till all the choppers have gone, then run from your position and take out the enemy as they approach with a short range weapon. That's how I got past that bit.

.::: I'm liking this, but is online always such a large cesspit of chaos and twitching? Either GoW changed my appetite, or this has changed immensely since CoD2 (I skipped 3).

Jesus fucking Christ. I the space of one short session, I've gone from really enjoying this to thinking it's a cunt of the biggest magnitude. Playing it on Veteran was fine to begin with, but I regret it now. The TV station didn't cause me major problems, but now all my good will towards it has been replaced with complete frustration every time I die, due to two cunt sections in a row.

I've just had 30 minutes of constantly dying / retrying on the War Pig level. For the first section, I was told to collect the Javelin, go up to the second floor and take out the tanks on the far side of the bridge. All I can see from the 1st floor is the row of infinitely respawning snipers, so going near the open doorway outside leads to instant death from them. It takes a number of reties to live long enough to check outside it for another flight of stairs, before I see it's a dead end and I ignore it.

From the courtyard, I look up to see the building I was in is the only 3 story building in the area, but I'm fucked if I can get onto the 2nd floor. So I spend each retry running about, trying to find another entrance or building to get into, but being sniped as soon as I get out in the open. My compass isn't any help either, as it directs me to the building I know I need to get to the 2nd floor of, but there aren't any stairs to go up further. All the time, the one radio message telling me to get to the 2nd floor is repeated over and over and over and over, taunting me.

In the end, I'm on the first floor behind the only bit of cover and I see a bit of a tank driving over the bridge. From this position, if I wait long enough, I can get a lock on and fire the javelin to take it and the ones that follow out. It doesn't matter so much now as I'm passed it, but how the fuck do you get up to the 2nd floor? I've checked on GameFAQS, it the FAQ just says 'go up onto the roof'. Nice bit of explaining, dickhead. Anyway, my relief for taking out the tanks was short lived, and the following section appear to be impossible. Defending a US tank from infinite respawning troops, who throw as many grenades as fire bullets.

Americans call the ground floor the 1st floor. So the 2nd floor is just the next one up - i.e. the one you finally managed to kill the tanks from. There is no UK 2nd or US 3rd floor in that building.

Americans call the ground floor the 1st floor. So the 2nd floor is just the next one up - i.e. the one you finally managed to kill the tanks from. There is no UK 2nd or US 3rd floor in that building.

It's much easier to just kill the tanks from the courtyard, I found. The snipers on the overpass generally don't target you so it saves a great many headaches.

Well I managed to complete that bit with the ferris wheel. I'm now trying to evac and have to make it to the bottom of the hill. Doesn't matter what I try, I always seem to get slaughtered. I get so far and I suddenly get shot from every concevable angle. I can't stop either to wait for my side to catch up because there's no cover.

GRRRR.

Snipe till all the choppers have gone, then run from your position and take out the enemy as they approach with a short range weapon. That's how I got past that bit.

My method was to get an automatic weapon and head right towards the dodgems and use the far corner as cover - they can only get at you from one direction there so it's fairly managable.

The only prob I had was getting back to Macmillan in time before the chopper clears off.

Getting to MacMillan is the hard part for me now. Every time I run up to him I get shot by an enemy, meaning I have to do the second wave all over again.

Just done ghillie's in the mist on veteran. Genuine OMG moments when I thought I was going to get spotted. The sounds of the kids playing in the school were great. A top notch level. The previous level withe the search of the village was still doing my tits in so I ended up doing it on Hardened in one go...FFS! So later I'll go back and try Veteran again (now that I know what sodding route to take!).

EDIT: just to be a c0ck! The enemy are using G36C's in the Ghillie mission, shame they only came out in 1995 not 1992. (same goes for the P90s... '94) This game is shit! :)

This on Veteran/Hardened yes? Did that on Regular and though I died a couple of times at the ferris wheel and it didn't seem like the nightmare you're all describing.

Well I managed to complete that bit with the ferris wheel. I'm now trying to evac and have to make it to the bottom of the hill. Doesn't matter what I try, I always seem to get slaughtered. I get so far and I suddenly get shot from every concevable angle. I can't stop either to wait for my side to catch up because there's no cover.

GRRRR.

It was at that point last night when my enjoyment started to drop. Your team-mates just refuse to advance at any decent rate as though the timer doesn't exist. It really really fucking started to get on my nerves how casually they were moving forward as I tried to move forward into the enemy lines. In the end I managed to create a gap and just steam it down the hill making it with 2 seconds to spare. Evan more galling is a second later the game obviously has to make it appear like your whole team makes it so they trigger the rest of your squad jumping on board even though I left them fucking about back at the top.

Anyway completed it earlier, it's alright. Not as good as I'd anticipated but some great moments all the same. Parts of it really got on my nerves, particularly some of the repawning enemies and the FUCKING grenades but I guess they're part and parcel of CoD. The epilogue mission is excellent too (if a bit random).

Onto the online part now...

Getting to MacMillan is the hard part for me now. Every time I run up to him I get shot by an enemy, meaning I have to do the second wave all over again.

I'm on the same bit. I've died 4 times now making my way from my hideout spot to MacM. If I try and stay a bit nearer him then I'm dead within 30 secs. Really pissing me off. This is on Vet, BTW.

Yes, the the trouble for me is getting to him. I presume there's even more enjoyment to be had when I actually do reach him. God I hate timed events.

The bit at the ferris wheel is great fun if you snipe the enemies as they climb on the rope inside the chopper. You won't be able to clear both choppers obviouisly but it's pretty easy to do one of them. Great enjoyment to see them falling to their doom!

EDIT: just to be a c0ck! The enemy are using G36C's in the Ghillie mission, shame they only came out in 1995 not 1992. (same goes for the P90s... '94) This game is shit! :)

Genuine question, does the game state that its set in 2007? (Or that the "flashbacks" are in 92?)

anyone else having problems getting on live? I've got an open NAT and everything (had to sort that one out for Halo) and it's telling me I don't have a network connection, or something dumb like that, despite the fact I AM connected, otherwise i wouldn't be able to see which of my friends were on.

Genuine question, does the game state that its set in 2007? (Or that the "flashbacks" are in 92?)

I think it's set in "nondescript year X"

The bit at the ferris wheel is great fun if you snipe the enemies as they climb on the rope inside the chopper. You won't be able to clear both choppers obviouisly but it's pretty easy to do one of them. Great enjoyment to see them falling to their doom!

Does it make a difference though? I mean you're up against infinate amounnt of troops and its time that counts not kills.

I just presumed it was modern day. Either way the G36C have only been adopted by forces in the last ten years so. It just looks a bit weird seeing them on troops who are dressed in ropey Army and Navy store cast offs.

Anyone fancy a few games now?

where were you an hour ago! Just turned it off. Gotta go and pack ;)

I'll play some MP if people are gonna play ;)

Haven't added anyone from the thread in online yet, and didn't know who was playing it this weekend etc.

Tag in my sig.

where were you an hour ago! Just turned it off. Gotta go and pack ;)

Watching Aberdeen getting pummelled 4-1 :lol:

Playing the PS3 version and it's taking AGES to find a match.

Most of the time it just doesn't find one.

Watching Aberdeen getting pummelled 4-1 ;)

That's OK then...carry on.

Playing the PS3 version and it's taking AGES to find a match.

Most of the time it just doesn't find one.

PS3 thin on the ground shocker! We had a guy came in yesterday to get COD4 on PS2... explained it was not released on PS2 and told him what it was out for. "How much is a 360 then?" 5mins later he's out the door with premium, COD4, Halo3 and PGR4... Upselling FTW!

Loving the underslung grenade launchers. People forget to use them but they're so powerful. Just there, I was getting shot to hell on Pipeline, my screen almost completely red... ducked round a corner, aimed the greande launcher at a concrete pillar, it bounced off nicely and killed the guy (who I couldn't see, I was just guessing where he was), and it meant I passed a crouch shot challenge. Perfect. B)

I'm really liking the Claymores in Free For All MP (although I'll probably rue their existence when everyone is using them), when you're hiding up in a building you can just cover the exits with a claymore and if it doesn't kill an intruder straight off, it gives you an early warning. Stops you having to watch your back constantly.