Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

I'm playing the PS3 version. Feel free to add me: mmcg

Although it is taking too long to find games. I got bored waiting and so started playing arcade mode. :(

Also "Downloading Game Settings..." is getting annoying. That's twice now I've not been able to play because of that.

I love killcam. The difference between what you thought you looked like, ie a silent shadow of a highly trained killing machine, and what the enemy saw is utterly staggering sometimes :(

Indeed :D

Though why am I them only one who has a massive red arrow above my head? :D

I hate it when I shoot at people and they kill me and then the kill cam says I didn't do any shooting after all. That's really annoying.

Ah the joys of lag - it was appalling at times on the beta, it's a real shame you can't host public matches on CoD :(

Yeah, the Gillie suit level is fantastic which is really odd considering you kill so few people. Just the look, feel and atmospherics of it. There is a sense of death in the air from thevery start. Lovely!

Just played that level. It's awesome! I'd love a whole game like that. C'mon Rebellion, do an updated Sniper Elite :(

Online is just fucking bullshit.

It takes about five minutes to find a game, then I get thrown back to the XMB and when I go back to online it says "Downloading Game Settings..." and won't fucking load.

What the fuck was the beta for?

It takes about five minutes to find a game, then I get thrown back to the XMB and when I go back to online it says "Downloading Game Settings..." and won't fucking load.

Run an internet connection test from the network setting settings in the XMB, Just to see what NAT type you have.I had a lot of problems with warhawk when it launched, I was randonly getting logged out of PSN or dropped from games.Turns out the nat type 3 i was geting was causing all the problems.

If you haven't already done so you could try forwarding the ports that PSN requires to your router/modem.There's some guides here.

Port Forward

At the moment i'm not having any problems finding or staying connected to COD4 games.

Run an internet connection test from the network setting settings in the XMB, Just to see what NAT type you have.I had a lot of problems with warhawk when it launched, I was randonly getting logged out of PSN or dropped from games.Turns out the nat type 3 i was geting was causing all the problems.

If you haven't already done so you could try forwarding the ports that PSN requires to your router/modem.There's some guides here.

Port Forward

At the moment i'm not having any problems finding or staying connected to COD4 games.

It's not my connection. It's the game.

And my NAT type is type 2.

PS3 owners have been assraped once again. The only consolation is that we didn't have to wait an extra 6 months to find this out.

360. :(

EDIT - Dammit!

domination is a brilliant gametype. Just spent about 2 or 3 hours playing it with a mate, we were consistently the best players on our team in terms of score, but kept losing. Bog is a particularly good map for it. That and Showdown force you to use quite advanced tactics to get objective B, as they're very easy to defend. I must have died about 10 times charging in to get the flag on showdown, thinking the coast was clear, only to find 5 of the opposing team spilling out from doors and shooting me from the balcony, haha/

I only stopped for food and because I was starting to feel like I'd been playing far too long.

So you prefer a game you can just walk through on the 2nd hardest setting with jno challenge or opposition? people are never happy! everything is either too easy or too difficult :(

Well, I now see what you mean.

I'm now replaying it on veteran and am upto the bit where Gaz opens the cellar door on The Hunted and I can't survive teh 10 seconds from checkpoint to actually make it dow the cellar! either the heli gets me or the hundreds of guys :D

Mine is continually crashing when I select Multiplayer now. It hangs on "DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS" with a notice box behind it that I can't read. First the NAT bullshit and now this. Sort your fucking games out, developers, this isn't the PC market.

Mine is continually crashing when I select Multiplayer now. It hangs on "DOWNLOADING GAME SETTINGS" with a notice box behind it that I can't read. First the NAT bullshit and now this. Sort your fucking games out, developers, this isn't the PC market.

That's what happened for an evening or two with the BETA.