Classic Gaming Expo UK 2005

roberthazelby

The subject pretty much says it all.

I've finally got my backside in gear and have uploaded the footage my friend took at the 2005 CGEUK.

As it's a DVD rip it includes all chapters/menus etc.

The footage has been compressed so that it'll fit on a single layer (4 gig) DVD.

Those of you with UKNOVA accounts can get to the torrent directly, by going here.

It's a large download, but will try and keep it uploading for the entire weekend. If as many of you could jump on it as possible it would really be appreciated!

Enjoy!

Rob

I've also posted the link to the JAMMA+ and RG forums, and a few on there are also asking the same thing.

Let me get the file sufficiently seeded on UKNOVA, and then I'll start looking into making it available elsewhere.

I'll let you lot know where it is once I get it sorted.

Rob

• 12 years later...

Time for a necro-bump!

I've been corresponding with roberthazelby over the last couple of weeks about grabbing a copy of his CGEUK 2005 DVD. After some searching on his end, he discovered that he doesn't have a copy but has been following up with a friend who created the master to see if there might be a lead there. Following our most recent conversation, I offered to bump this thread to open up another possible avenue for (re)sharing the DVD content.

In a related thread, CGEUK 2005 content was also discussed on page 5, with another DVD (maybe produced by CGEUK directly?)

The long and the short of it is, if you have a copy of the roberthazelby-DVD, either as a physical copy or in ripped digital format, it would be great if you could upload it to a sharing site to share it all over again, with both old timers and newcomers! :)

Many thanks!

15 hours ago, sdaonline said:

Ello, that thread bought back some old capturing memories! Yes I have it, 1 DVD as mentioned in those old posts - will upload somewhere (anyone have a suggestion or preference?)

Also this from the year before, Matthew Smith at CGE 2004 Here - Mega 

Might have one or two other bits somewhere.

That's great! I don't have a specific preference beyond what's convenient for you. Some recently shared a large file with me via https://onedrive.live.com/ but maybe Google or another file sharing platform is preferred. Love the DVD menu.

And yes, hard to believe but a 2005 event is nearly retro in its own right!

Just now, The Evener said:

That's great! I don't have a specific preference beyond what's convenient for you. Some recently shared a large file with me via https://onedrive.live.com/ but maybe Google or another file sharing platform is preferred. Love the DVD menu.

And yes, hard to believe but a 2005 event is nearly retro in its own right!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DNxG7LS8M_E17MG_KDE4332aj5th-kPX

This is the raw DVD file, drag the folder into media player classic and it should play correctly!

3 hours ago, sdaonline said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DNxG7LS8M_E17MG_KDE4332aj5th-kPX

This is the raw DVD file, drag the folder into media player classic and it should play correctly!

Thanks again for sharing this - it's much appreciated! I'll watch things through between handing out Hallowe'en candy.

If you have access to other CGEUK 2005 footage and if you're able to share, that would be great.

Also, I was curious if anyone has a copy of the "Billy Mitchell Live at the CGE UK" poster? One copy is handed off to Chris in the video, who I think is one of the organizers of CGEUK 2005? I can see a picture of the Perfect Pac-Man; I'm curious how Mitchell presented himself in reference to Donkey Kong at that time, especially since this visit occurred roughly 16 months before the debut of the King of Kong. There's a lot of text there!

BMCGEUK.jpg.4e9e032764a6b83dafa2d2c87864c083.jpg