rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Jack

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

The Japanese version is helping me get back into the swing of the language before University restarts next week. I have to say it's a great game. Love the way it utilises all of the DS's functions and really makes you think laterally puzzle-wize. Those who're yet to play are in for a treat.

Because they get to fool around with it, yet dont really understand what the hell is going on? There's not been much to base any hyperbole on yet.

(I've played the very first section of it in Japanese, it was fun running around using the new interface, it could keep me busy for the odd hour or so if i had the JP version, but there's no way i would want to play Phantom Hourglass without getting the entire picture.)

I may be wrong!

Seems a bit tenuous.

I think that unfortunately handheld console games just aren't seen as much of an event. I'm not sure why.

I may be wrong!

Seems a bit tenuous.

I think that unfortunately handheld console games just aren't seen as much of an event. I'm not sure why.

I may be wrong!

I'm probably wrong :s

It just seems like I'm the last guy in the world to get a flash card, most people i know have been toying with the rom since the jap release.

Yeah, i agree, handheld games = less hype.

I wonder if the release of Halo 3 has anything to do with the low marketing for this, I mean every other game is going to be pushed to the side with the amount of marketing presence that Halo 3 has, it would practically be a waste of money to market any game heavily over the next month or so.

I wonder if the release of Halo 3 has anything to do with the low marketing for this, I mean every other game is going to be pushed to the side with the amount of marketing presence that Halo 3 has, it would practically be a waste of money to market any game heavily over the next month or so.

Agreed - sad in a way, as I think there will be more ideas packed into two hours of this than, than will be in the whole of Halo 3. Yeah I'll get stick for that.

Bit disappointed Amazon aren't shipping this outside the US, can anyone recommend anywhere else?

Bit disappointed Amazon aren't shipping this outside the US, can anyone recommend anywhere else?

VGplus, Tronix, Play Asia?

Agreed - sad in a way, as I think there will be more ideas packed into two hours of this than, than will be in the whole of Halo 3. Yeah I'll get stick for that.

It will still sell though, DS games seem to stick in the charts much longer than console games, New Mario Bros, Nintendogs, Brain Training are all in the charts even years after release.

Been trying to keep away from all the media on this game to keep it fresh but have just had a nosey at ign media blowout, this is looking very special. With this and the other things Nintendo have/going to release this year, surely its their best year ever?

US Release is tomorrow though is'nt it? That's what Videogamesplus says at least.

I'm going to wait for the UK release though. It's only a few weeks later & I have plenty of games to get through until then.

Movietyme have just emailed to say it's being processed and about to be shipped. Woot.

Although i'm certainly no stranger to "previewing" games :lol: , This game has received enough praise already through it's reviews that I hope everyone will support it's quality by buying it first, & getting a "backup" later.

Looks like Nintendo have some new anti-cracking gubbins in Phantom Hourglass... hope it gets pwned soon.

You'll be relieved then, when you can steal the game rather than buy it like non-thieving people do?

You'll be relieved then, when you can steal the game rather than buy it like non-thieving people do do?

Considering that he'll not have to pay out £30 in the process, it looks quite likely.

I'm sure you have CDs or iTunes reciepts for every song on your computer, too.

Looks like Nintendo have some new anti-cracking gubbins in Phantom Hourglass... hope it gets pwned soon.

If you mean the same ones that were in the Japanese version... those were pwned a few hours after the game appeared on the seven seas.

If you mean the same ones that were in the Japanese version... those were pwned a few hours after the game appeared on the seven seas.

Good to know Mr. Gerbik... Oh and:

You'll be relieved then, when you can steal the game rather than buy it like non-thieving people do?

:) Well with the £30 saved I'll buy a few Introversion games and give it to some devs who need it. I think Nintendo might be ok...

I'm sure you have CDs or iTunes reciepts for every song on your computer, too.

Of the 20 odd tracks I have downloaded I certainly have. Or I've taken them from my own cds. I'm not keen on stealing peoples music.

Good to know Mr. Gerbik... Oh and:

:) Well with the £30 saved I'll buy a few Introversion games and give it to some devs who need it. I think Nintendo might be ok...

Couldn't agree more - once people earn over a certain amount it's only right to then steal their work. And giving the proceeds to developers who need it of course means it's instantly not illegal. [/sarcasm]

Anyone getting it from Tronix? They don't seem to have it listed.

Pledge, it's listed in the 'coming soon' section. I ordered my copy on Wednesday from them. They've since closed the list though.

Are the peeps who ordered this remembering that there is a postal strike on Thursday and Friday!