IGNORED

Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Jack

i like the way you can see your grabber thing on your boat on the bottom screen when you're searching for treasure.

when's this supposed to be out over here?

Wash your mouth, my fellow Dutchman.

For me, WW pisses all over TP.

It does, but that doesn't make it the game it could've been. Playing it always reminds me of the endless possibilities and how it rarely delivered it. The four big islands were great, but the first time I was sailing you can't imagine the adventures I was dreaming of. Discovering new worlds with amazing sights and stuff, not just some floating cities.

It does, but that doesn't make it the game it could've been. Playing it always reminds me of the endless possibilities and how it rarely delivered it. The four big islands were great, but the first time I was sailing you can't imagine the adventures I was dreaming of. Discovering new worlds with amazing sights and stuff, not just some floating cities.

Fair enough.

Still, what a game :)

Fair enough.

Still, what a game :)

I have spent countless hours on Windfall, I especially enjoyed the 'rich guy/poor guy and their daughters' that switch places. Following that blonde girl in the middle of the night, pretending to be a cat... Or taking photographs and discovering everyone there has a story.

TP wasn't bad, but the overworld was a big step down from TWW. Heck, even from OoT.

Certianly. And TP already looked dated upon release, whereas WW has a timeless look.

Neh, it doesn't look dated. The look of the TWW is more timeless, of course, but TP is technically equally perfect, I'll happily play it alongside Gears of War for example.

I must also say that the look of TWW wasn't exactly used to its max. Remember Hyrule under water? If only we could see more of this. :)

The way I talk about these games may sound schizophrenic, but I have that with all Zelda's (well, with the exception of Link's Awakening probably). None of them is really perfect, or misses stuff that I want to see more in a fantasy game.

I'm absolutely amazed by that trailer. Haven't really followed the news recently so it's all new material for me. Wow, really can't wait to get my hands on PH. Also heard good things about the controles, so as long as it won't be frustrating to use the stylus in stupid ways, it pretty much can't go wrong, seen the main Zelda picture...

Had a quick play on this morning before I pack up my DS and send it back to Nintendo for the hinge crack. The controls are surprisingly intuitive although I do keep automatically reaching for the D-Pad and opening the map by mistake. The graphics are stunning and cutscenes are skip-able which is all good news.

Had a quick play on this morning before I pack up my DS and send it back to Nintendo for the hinge crack. The controls are surprisingly intuitive although I do keep automatically reaching for the D-Pad and opening the map by mistake. The graphics are stunning and cutscenes are skip-able which is all good news.

Stylus-only movement, then?

Stylus-only movement, then?

I thought that was quite certain. You could see in the videos that stuff like throwing a boomerang was made for the stylus, if there was an option for buttons they would have to tone down the stylus control.

And of course it's going to control brilliantly. An in-house Nintendo game that suffers from poor control just isn't possible.

Really!?? The girlfriend and I played AC exclusively with the stylus, it was brilliant.

It's much slower, it blocks your view if you're pointing up/left (right-handed), it picks up any tiles you're standing on, and pushing furniture around the house is torturous. Funny, my girlfriend liked to play it with the stylus too.

Got this today, being Japanese impaired (although I know that Yes is shorter than No which helps with game saves etc.) I have no idea what the story is but thankfully the cut scenes, as beautiful as they are, are skippable with a quick press of the start button and a touch of the screen. The game world is typically Zelda but the Wind Waker style visuals (which I always loved more so even than Twiglet Prinny's) feel right at home on the DS. I share Sprite's disliking of the stylus only control method but haven't found any other options yet so will just have to get used to it I guess. Roll on 31st August (according to Play).