Liverpool Football Club

Stilly

God they just had some SOS knob on the radio talking about how he wants the new owners to include the fans in the running of the club. Are these idiots for real? They live in cloud cuckoo land. Anyway, welcome! personally I'm fucking stoked New Super Mario Bros are buying our club.

Seriously though, it's not going to make much difference to anything.

Get the fuck in! No right to appeal, they're fucked. £140m out of pocket, liable for costs and humiliated.

Hicks: Blow me, fuckface.

It's funny how we hade our super intelligent fans telling us that Hicks had put no money into the club. I mean it was pointed out ages ago they actually stood to lose a lot of their money. Our fans are... jesus.

Like I said though I didn't LOVE H&G. I think they were unlucky with the timing of the global financial meltdown as without that they would have built the stadium. I just hope the new owners don't promise anything they can't deliver.

It's funny how we hade our super intelligent fans telling us that Hicks had put no money into the club. I mean it was pointed out ages ago they actually stood to lose a lot of their money. Our fans are... jesus.

Like I said though I didn't LOVE H&G. I think they were unlucky with the timing of the global financial meltdown as without that they would have built the stadium. I just hope the new owners don't promise anything they can't deliver.

They borrowed the money they used as security for the second round of refinance, you trolling quim. It's not theirs, but now they've lost the club they can't get us to pay for it and we're not even paying for the loans they already took out.

They borrowed the money they used as security for the second round of refinance, you trolling quim. It's not theirs, but now they've lost the club they can't get us to pay for it and we're not even paying for the loans they already took out.

Oh so they don't stand to lose £140m? I thought they did and they have but as you point out they haven't. I suggest you return to financial school.

Well, not quite:

Broughton just confirmed they can't appeal.

Holy fuck our idiots are fucking up the press conference.

Shame.

Those 'idiots' are supporting the club, which is better than what you're doing.

Oh so they don't stand to lose £140m? I thought they did and they have but as you point out they haven't. I suggest you return to financial school.

Ramone in the Liverpool thread:

trollface-3078_preview.jpg

And you're doing that fucking tragic US thing. Wake up. You don't own Liverpool. "We're" paying for the loans? You're fucking mental. No wonder nobody was interested in buying 'us' with you lot.

Broughton just confirmed they can't appeal.

Those 'idiots' are supporting the club, which is better than what you're doing.

Ramone in the Liverpool thread:

trollface-3078_preview.jpg

A picture. You know you're dealing with quality when the best they can reply with was a picture.

Anyway for those who didn't see it Broughton was trying to speak while our fans who were supporting the clubs screamed swears down the microphone. Fucking retards.

Good lord we know you're bitter Ramone, however why not realise some people put a lot of time, effort, and money into supporting something.

Pathetic sniping on a day that should be a happy one. Grow up.

A picture. You know you're dealing with quality when the best they can reply with was a picture.

Anyway for those who didn't see it Broughton was trying to speak while our fans who were supporting the clubs screamed swears down the microphone. Fucking retards.

What would you like, ramone? For me to repeat everything in increasingly more obvious and simpler language?

You're just a troll, sometimes it works and it's hilarious but most of the time it's just grating and a bit sad.

Good lord we know you're bitter Ramone, however why not realise some people put a lot of time, effort, and money into supporting something.

Pathetic sniping on a day that should be a happy one. Grow up.

You're right. Things are going to be much better now. The new owners are going to spend £40,000,000 a year on transers.

Ha!

And some supporters got on a coach AT 4 AM to make knobs of themselves outside a courtroom, heroic. But as I say I'm glad H&G have gone. The new owners probably will be better.

You're right. Things are going to be much better now. The new owners are going to spend £40,000,000 a year on transers.

That's the spirit :)

11.22am: Mr Justice Floyd has declined to grant an appeal. The judge said it would be inappropriate in the circumstances for him to grant leave. He said that if Hicks and Gillett are determined to appeal, they would have to apply to the appeal court for permission.

11.28am: Martin Broughton outside court:

Justice has been done. We will now continue with the sale process. We will have a board meeting tonight and the owners will certainly be invited.

Christian Purslow: "This is a great day for the club and will hopefully allow Liverpool to concentrate on football for the next ten years.

Woo hoo. This feels like the biggest victory in quite some time. I just hope there's not some equivalent of a last minute away goal in the second leg to fuck it up somehow.

I think with the board meeting today, Hicks unable to get any sort of injunction and no leave of appeal from the judge, it's hard to see anything other than a feeble attempt to drag it out. However, given the costs now on Hicks' shoulders, he might be discouraged.

Hopefully, the sale will get ratified (again) tonight and next week we can have new owners and a new start.

Looks like houghton wouldn't be drawn on who the club was going to be sold to.

However the other 2 bids; have the owners been given the go ahead by the PL?

Looks like houghton wouldn't be drawn on who the club was going to be sold to.

However the other 2 bids; have the owners been given the go ahead by the PL?

Houghton hears a WHO?

But anyway, so H&G decided to sell the club a while ago. And now a sale is now being forced through and we're all dancing in the streets. It's just... I mean there goes our chance of being bought by a super rich sugar daddy. That's gone for good now. I just can't help but think we're going to be run more along the constraints of Aston Villa now. Ah well. Just hope Hodgson can turn it around quickly.

These new guys then, what's your opinion of them?

NESV? Cautiously optimistic but they have a lot to prove.

At least they have sports pedigree with the Red Sox and New England Revolution.

Need them to appoint a board with a mix of business acumen, football knowledge and ties to the club.

Just need an injection of funds to catch up - and a manager wise enough to invest those funds.

New guys? They look OK. if I was the council, I'd be a bit concerned they might not fall into line with their regeneration plans.

After the experience of the last few years, if we have to live within our means, don't have the budget of the richest clubs, and are usually in a UEFA cup rather than UCL place, so be it.

We had the opportunity to parlay the UCL win and our fan base into a club with a firm foundation, in terms of finances and infrastructure that could finally be competitive at the top table. That chance was fucked up good and proper.

Avoiding administration, and a lot of the financial fallout landing on H&G instead of us would be an amazing result, surpassing my expectations by a long way.

My hopes and expectations for the club are very modest nowadays. That's fine with me.

NESV? Cautiously optimistic but they have a lot to prove.

At least they have sports pedigree with the Red Sox and New England Revolution.

Need them to appoint a board with a mix of business acumen, football knowledge and ties to the club.

Just need an injection of funds to catch up - and a manager wise enough to invest those funds.

An injection of funds to catch up? Surely we need a stadium to catch up. An injection of funds can only be a short term answer. What do you reckon they'll do with the stadium? Do up Anfield? That's what they did with some American stadium I read. Not ground sharing and certainly no new stadium. How many seats can they get into a redeveloped Anfield? Where would we play in the meantime? I don't know. I understand RBS want their money but would you not like even more time given to finding new owners? Particualrly as now we know the asking price and it's not the £600,000,000 that H&G were asking for.

To be fair I don't think new owners will make a blind bit of difference. In terms of spend since the original yanks came in Liverpool have only been behind Man City and Spurs or something ridiculous like that.

They can't be wholly held responsible for the state you're in, it's mostly down to past and current managers and players.

To be fair I don't think new owners will make a blind bit of difference. In terms of spend since the original yanks came in Liverpool have only been behind Man City and Spurs or something ridiculous like that.

They can't be wholly held responsible for the state you're in, it's mostly down to past and current managers and players.

Have you not been paying any attention or something

New guys? They look OK. if I was the council, I'd be a bit concerned they might not fall into line with their regeneration plans.

After the experience of the last few years, if we have to live within our means, don't have the budget of the richest clubs, and are usually in a UEFA cup rather than UCL place, so be it.

We had the opportunity to parlay the UCL win and our fan base into a club with a firm foundation, in terms of finances and infrastructure that could finally be competitive at the top table. That chance was fucked up good and proper.

Avoiding administration, and a lot of the financial fallout landing on H&G instead of us would be an amazing result, surpassing my expectations by a long way.

My hopes and expectations for the club are very modest nowadays. That's fine with me.

I hear you, I don't see why you're doing a irish jig though. Adminisrtation wasn't really on the cards. That real threat only came about because of this court case. H&G must have been confident of refinancing. So it just seems like we're happy to have anybody but Hicks and Gilette. It's a bit sad.