Liverpool Football Club

Stilly

Pissed off, the club made it known last night that the case would be heard for ten minutes then be adjourned so fans cancelled plans to go to court.

Very, very fucked off with this.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was simply a diversionary tactic. Imagine the carnage if a few thousand fans turned up and tried to get in to the hearing.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was simply a diversionary tactic. Imagine the carnage if a few thousand fans turned up and tried to get in to the hearing.

Apparently there was a last minute change of plan. Treating it with scepticism.

And I'm sure you'll find that no one ever goes to support anyone at the High Court, Nate. Ever.

Wait, is that 'Manc-themed pub' or 'themed pubs in Manchester'? Because I'm pretty curious about what you would put in a Manc-themed pub, or why you would ever make one.

No, in Asia.

Would be an interesting situation, should his bid be given serious consideration. Profits from Man Utd-related activities could be indirectly funding our new players and paying off our debts...

Wait, is that 'Manc-themed pub' or 'themed pubs in Manchester'? Because I'm pretty curious about what you would put in a Manc-themed pub, or why you would ever make one.

Scallies?

Interesting AND sinister:

3.28pm: Lord Grabiner says correspondence between board and owner prove that H&G knew of the meeting on 5 October and instead they simply refused to turn up and not, as their QC says, that they were excluded from it by the "sub-committee".

Lord Grabiner describes the owners as "slippery" because they wanted a one week adjournment to that meeting knowing full well that NESV's deadline for their offer to expired on 5 October.

Also, G&H had a lawyer, Bruce Toth, listening to that meeting via telephone as an observer, destroying their argument that they were excluded from that crucial meeting.

4.27pm: RBS QC: "RBS is a lender that deserves to be repaid £200m on Friday. It is wrong of Hicks and Gillett to try and delay that process."

4.25pm: QC for RBS says bank has been willing to wave "tens of millions of pounds in fees" to see a sale go through. Also dismisses G&H claim that there is no actual 15 October deadline with the Bank as part of their "game".

4.04pm: JUDGE SAYS IT WOULD BE A "LITTLE AMBITIOUS" FOR THE CASE TO BE SETTLED BY FRIDAY. (In reply to Broughton's QC saying board would desperately like a verdict by then).

Hmm. Administration then.

BUT the whole point is if they are put into administration then RBS lose out. As it is up to them in the end, it would be extremely stupid of them to do this.

I'm going to be extremely confident and say by the end of the week we will have new owners and those two losers that ramone loves so much will be gone forever! :)

you were no doubt one of the people slagging off broughton and purslow not so long ago. Eh? Wrong about them too!

Although I love hicks and gilette I was not IN love with them. Don't fool yourself that you are somehow responsible for their removal and while I'll be glad to see the back of them it's going to take a whole load more to undo the damage benitez did.

it's going to take a whole load more to undo the damage benitez did.

Did you even support Liverpool before Benitez? In his disastrous season last season we still managed 3 more points than the last season Houllier had despite the fact that Benitez did not have a net spend for a few seasons (unlike Houllier every year).

At the very least you have to admit our squad improved under Benitez especially when he was spending money. It is pretty silly to talk of damage that Benitez did.

Yeah exactly. We won the Champions League. Luck, too long ago, whatever you say, its an amazing achievement, and one we genuinely in our wildest dreams didn't expect before Benitez came. Admittedly he didn't live up to that success afterwards which is one of the reasons he was sacked, but under Houllier or Evans it never really felt like we were near to winning the Prem. Same as with Benitez apart from 08/09.

You bite so easily.

you were no doubt one of the people slagging off broughton and purslow not so long ago. Eh? Wrong about them too!

Uh no, I wasn't, and I've never said such a thing. Nice one ramone

Although I love hicks and gilette I was not IN love with them.....and while I'll be glad to see the back of them it'

Makes lots of sense. You love them BUT not in love with them, you can't wait for them to go....hmmm, good posting.

Don't fool yourself that you are somehow responsible for their removal..... is going to take a whole load more to undo the damage benitez did.

Why would I think that? I'm not god, I'm not a director of Liverpool FC, I have nothing to do with their removal. And why mention Benitez again? You really have a massive hang up about one bloke. How you can't see that the owners have been bad for us, is anyones guess.

Roll on 10:30 this morning when any luck this nonsense and embarrassment for the club will end.

What the hell was he doing in the middle? Don't those silly continentals know that he's a winger?

:lol: I think he is only playing there for Liverpool because Hodgson does not believe in Maxi and while Kuyt was out, there was no one else (in his eyes). Of course if he stuck Johnson there, that would have made more sense so he couldn't cock up in defence!