rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Stilly

Liverpool Football Club

That was my thinking as well. He seems to play very well against the better sides and has put in a couple of very good performances against them already so I'd be happy to see him played on Wednesday. We're really spoiled for choice in the middle.

And it's not like we've spent all that much buying our central midfielders. I can't think of a team with as many quality options in that position.

post-1992-1177411411_thumb.jpg

This is doing the rounds right now. If it's not a photoshop job then welcome to Anfield Mr. Torres. :(

If that isn't photoshopped, I'm Brian Blessed. :(

What is he holding in that awkward position, anyway? A little banner?

Doesn't mean anything - he may just like the saying.

Does it mean he could be going to Celtic (or even Dortmund now)?

I hope Rafa goes with Pennant on the right and either Riise or Gonzales on the left because if Chelsea go for a narrow midfield I think we could really get at them down the flanks.

I hope Rafa goes with Pennant on the right and either Riise or Gonzales on the left because if Chelsea go for a narrow midfield I think we could really get at them down the flanks.

I think, thankfully due to Essien being suspended and Ballack possibly injured, that Chelsea will have to play at least one winger. This is good news for the game and also for Chelsea as we always play better and I never understand why Jose keeps with the 4 centre midfield formation in Europe.

I think Pennant could be key for us. If he plays with the confidence and concentration he's been showing recently then he'll be a great threat. Would be ace to see him set up for such a massive game too.

What is he holding in that awkward position, anyway? A little banner?

It's the inside of his captains armband.

What's happened to Robben, anyway? I've heard bugger-all about him for months. Did he injure himself against us when we last met?

What's happened to Robben, anyway? I've heard bugger-all about him for months. Did he injure himself against us when we last met?

Yeah he's injured. Due back iminently I think

Physio Room has him pencilled in for a return on 28th April, but I heard that he was out of both legs.

Physio Room has him pencilled in for a return on 28th April, but I heard that he was out of both legs.

28th seems a bit optimsitc if he is indeed out of legs. How long to they take to grow back?

Seriously though, I'm finding all this confidence a little unnerving. Anybody else? Man, I don't even know if I can watch it. Remindng m a bit of Houllier's ten games to greatness.

They showed Gudjonson's last minute effort on some show the other day and it nearly gave me a nervous breakdown again.

Can you practise your unique brand of comedy elsewhere, please.

EDIT: Ah, sorry, you followed it up with a serious post. Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with a little confidence, just hope that we don't go too gung-ho tomorrow and pay the price, leaving us a mountain to climb in the return.

Then again, tomorrow may be the best time to strike a decisive blow, as they have Essien, probably Ballack and possibly Carvallo out.

What's what?

What's a unique brand of comedy, or what's that, as in 'pardon'?

So confusing.

Check my edit.

Can you practise your unique brand of comedy elsewhere, please.

Ramone's not been talking about Cisse again, has he?

I'm feeling properly nervous already. I have a feeling it's not our turn, and I'm trying to prepare myself emotionally for it.

Come on Liverpool!

Ramone's not been talking about Cisse again, has he?

I'm feeling properly nervous already. I have a feeling it's not our turn, and I'm trying to prepare myself emotionally for it.

Come on Liverpool!

Cisse'll be back next year, he's playing bad on purpose. See Pongo's scored a few in Spain too.

Unless we win 0-5 tomorrow I won't be able to properly relax until after the second leg.

If anyone wants to turn the clock back two years...We all looked much younger then, and Liverpool were failing to qualify for the next season's CL with a first leg against Chelsea to come.

My word Liverpool are shit.
I've just gone onto the internet to find out the score. I must have looked gutted, as my two year old came up to me, looked at my face, said "Cheer up, daddy" and gave me a big hug.
We're gonna batter Chelsea though, right? Right?

Oof. How about this?

Yeah, his [stevie G's] heart just isn't in it anymore. He's definitely goibng at the end of the season. It's probably really bad to say this, but I actually don't want him to play agains Chelski during the week, I'm too worried he's gonna stick it into his own net to make sure the team he plays for next season get decent seedeing in the Champions League.

Its interesting looking back. What do people think though, Is the Liverpool team of today better or worse than the one that won the CL? Personally I'd say better. I think your defense is pretty much the same. Solid then, solid now. I think its in the creativity in the midfield and up front that you've got a slightly better team now than you did. Kuyt is a more effective striker for you than Morientes and Baros put together as well.

As for Chelsea if Ballack and Essien are out then its a very simiar team to the one from before. Except for the fact Drogba is absolutely on fire and Joe Cole is a much better player than he was 2 years ago.

Should be another intriguing encounter. Lets hope with a bit more excitement than last time.

I was chatting to my old mate the other day about the possibilies of a Man Utd and Liverpool final. He's a Man Utd fan (God knows why I still speak to him) and he was very similar to me in that he dreads playing Liverpool in the final. Obviously I'd love us to win it again, but I couldn't face losing to them in the final. I'd much rather lose to Chelsea in the semis than that. I'm going to the pub with him tonight and will be rooting for Milan all the way, a least if it's a Milan Chelsea final I can relax. I don't know if I could handle the stress of Liverpool vs man Utd for the CL.

No one could, it'd be absolutely horrible.

Worst case scenario is that they win the league and FA Cup and then beat us for the Treble.

Of course, if we won and denied them the Treble, it would be great.

That was two years ago! He's a different player these days!

You were almost right. He did very nearly sign for Chelsea that summer before changing his mind remember.

Personally I think we have a better squad than we had in 2005. A much more solid defence now Traore has gone and a far superior midfield with Mascherano, Pennant, Gerrard, Alonso and in unlike 2005 we also have strikers who are capable of scoring goals. I'm optimistic as long as we can get an away goal we'll go through.

Reina has done wonders for our defensive record. As has been said many times; the defence really trust him and are free to push up the pitch, knowing he's got the concentration, speed and decisiveness required to mop up any danger if somebody gets played in behind. Momo has also improved the midfield and our strikers suit the system now. I think we're a much better side when compared with that of 2005.

Mourinho: (about Liverpool)

"They're a monster. They are not a big club, they are a monster"

"In the year of 2007, in 4 months, we have played 27 matches. Liverpool have played 3 or 4"

He's a weird one :)