rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Stilly

Liverpool Football Club

We still need an out and out striker. ;)

I'm not convinced Benitez will sign one of the above this summer.

I've just watched last nights match highlights on .tv and it's become more and more apparent as the season has went on that if Woodgate is available for the rumoured £6 million then we should make a move for him. His tackle on Kuyt was world class and it's not the first time he's produced something like that.

As I've said before; I'd sooner we bought a couple of players with a bit of pace and flair, than splash all our cash on a poacher. As much as I'd like to see a 25 goal a season man at the club, I feel if we can improve the quality of the chances we create and get the midfield chipping in with their fair share of goals, it'd be more productive than just relying on a couple of players to score. We've really missed Garcia in that respect.

Under Ged, if you stopped Owen and towards the end of his reign, Stevie, then you stopped Liverpool. I prefer Rafa's way, where we dominate teams and control most of the games against the big teams. I feel we're just one or two players away from where he wants us to be. I'd like us to sign Tevez. We apparently have an option on him, thanks to Rafa's meeting with Pini Zahavi a while back. I think he'd really flourish at Liverpool, in much the same way as Mascher has. I know you agree with me on that one, Vezna.

I've just watched last nights match highlights on .tv and it's become more and more apparent as the season has went on that if Woodgate is available for the rumoured £6 million then we should make a move for him. His tackle on Kuyt was world class and it's not the first time he's produced something like that.

He played very well last night and Rafa is known to rate him as he tried to sign him before Madrid came in with silly money. Not sure I can see it happening, but I'd be happy for Sami to be moved on now and have Woodgate as his replacement.

Tevez was fantastic in the game against Chelsea last night.

He's been playing really well these last few weeks. He really seems to be getting to grips with the pace of the English game. He really puts in a shift as well, Liverpool fans would adore him.

I'd like us to sign Tevez. We apparently have an option on him, thanks to Rafa's meeting with Pini Zahavi a while back. I think he'd really flourish at Liverpool, in much the same way as Mascher has. I know you agree with me on that one, Vezna.

o/\o

He's a Rafa type player. Does so much work around the box as well as being able to finish. He's adapted to the Premier League and has the physique to succeed here as well. He's not knocked off the ball easily. He also managed to win South American footballer of the year three years running.

He played very well last night and Rafa is known to rate him as he tried to sign him before Madrid came in with silly money. Not sure I can see it happening, but I'd be happy for Sami to be moved on now and have Woodgate as his replacement.

People forget that Carra's form, like many others, was very poor for the first few months of the season. We have no natural back up for him. Arbeloa looks the real deal but he's damn useful playing at right back and pushing forward. Hyypia's natural position seems to be the left sided centre back and Woodgate's seems to be the right side, like Carraghers. £6 million is an absolute steel if true.

I'm sure Woodgate could be played as the left sided centre back, or at least taught to. Sami is right footed after all. Surely it would only be a matter of training.

Arbeloa looks like a great signing. I agree that you are only one or two players off challenging for the title, if you'd have had Drogba/Ronaldo this season, you'd be where Chelsea/Utd are now. Tevez would be a great signing, but for all his skill and effort, he doesn't score many.

I wouldn't mind up signing Woodgate in the summer, he has been excellent at Boro this season and is one of the reasons why they aren't in relegation trouble. Tevez would be a good signing as well but with Mascherani, Arbeleo, Sissoko, Kewell (if he's fit) would that not take us over the limit of non-EU players in the team?

I wouldn't mind up signing Woodgate in the summer, he has been excellent at Boro this season and is one of the reasons why they aren't in relegation trouble. Tevez would be a good signing as well but with Mascherani, Arbeleo, Sissoko, Kewell (if he's fit) would that not take us over the limit of non-EU players in the team?

Arbeloa's Spanish. Kewell will have had a British passport for a while now.

Tevez would definitely be superb and so would Woodgate. If its possible, a move for both these players who both have Premiership experience would be extremely worthwhile. I say about an out and out striker because when away from home we lack the player up front to guarantee he will take his chances. It doesn't mean he has to play every game and ruin the type of way Benitez has got us playing but it does mean that when you stick him on the pitch, if he gets the ball he will score. Crouch, Kuyt, Fowler and Bellamy do not guarantee this (Fowler in his hey day would have though). Perhaps this Voronin bloke will be able to do this for us but I don't know anything about him.

I'm also in the thinking that Gonzalez will come through next season as the player to take control of our left side. He's already adapting and a pre season will do him no harm. Looking forward to seeing him flourish next year. Arbeloa has looked a great signing as well. left or right back he looks comfortable. Good to see Finnan getting a run for his place in the side although I think he has again been one our astounding performers of the season.

Voronin has never been prolific and is more of a link man than an out and out goal scorer. I wouldn't expect Tevez to hit 20 in the league but I think 12-15 is a fair expectation and the creativity and flair he would bring to the team would easily outweigh any lack of goals.

I'm sure Woodgate could be played as the left sided centre back, or at least taught to. Sami is right footed after all. Surely it would only be a matter of training.

I'm sure he's very adaptable. Hyypia as an alternative to Agger and Woodgate as an alternative to Carragher would be awesome. We could probably get another year out of big Sami.

Voronin has never been prolific and is more of a link man than an out and out goal scorer. I wouldn't expect Tevez to hit 20 in the league but I think 12-15 is a fair expectation and the creativity and flair he would bring to the team would easily outweigh any lack of goals.

I do see us taking a 'Man Utd 2006/2007' approach next season. No out and out goalscorer, just (in theory) plenty of players from all over the pitch that should contribute plenty of goals. We need Alonso, Gonzalez, Sissoko etc to start weighing in with a few goals for starters.

Voronin has never been prolific and is more of a link man than an out and out goal scorer.

Unless he is amazing is this really what we need in a new player??? ;)

He hasn't hurt the squad either and has provided us with a decent option on occasion. Although I'm the first to admit he has been woefully bad on occasion, too. Voronin will more than likely be doing Robbie's role next season anyway, I can't see him featuring much.

He hasn't hurt the squad either and has provided us with a decent option on occasion. Although I'm the first to admit he has been woefully bad on occasion, too. Voronin will more than likely be doing Robbie's role next season anyway, I can't see him featuring much.

Oddly since Voronin's move to us was announced he's started to score a bit. :)

What happened to the other thread???

Still gutted about the 2005 UCL thread though! Rubbish...

Still gutted about the 2005 UCL thread though! Rubbish...

Well, don't be gutted

It's back!

Rob found the original, true Liverpool thread: it had slipped down the back of the forum sofa. It was gloriously reinstated, merged with the new thread, and accidentally (and hilariously) merged with the Man United thread.

We took off and nuked the thread from orbit just to be sure, but you can relive the UCL glory all over again.

Here we go lads:

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has been given just under 4 weeks to decide if he wants to lodge an official transfer bid for West Ham's Carlos Tevez.

The 23-year-old Argentinian has indicated to representatives of the Reds that he would be keen on a summer switch but as yet there has been no official follow-up to West Ham regarding a potential summer switch.

It is claimed by Anfield insiders that the Reds have some kind of option on Tevez. But with new Corinthians coach Paulo Cesar Carpegiani declaring he wants to take him back to the club and with Chelsea now showing interest, Rafa will soon have to decide if he wishes to step-up his interest.

According to sources in high places, Liverpool have an option on Tevez to sign him at a stipulated (already agreed) price. If that option isn't made formal by the end of the 2nd week of May, West Ham will be free to revalue the player.

I posted about this option a good few weeks ago now, this is looking more likely by the day. ;)

Yeah, do it! I'm sure he'll want to come play with his transfer-buddy as well.

I want to say something about Sissoko, because he was working really hard for us and was a key player against Barcelona and in a lot of other games, Okay, he didn't have the best game, but I think it's important to support players who always give 100 per cent. The other day I tried to change things. I was using Mascherano behind Gerrard and Momo. But because the other team was playing really deep, compact and narrow, it was really difficult for him. But it was my decision, and some people may say I made a mistake, but I was sure we could have a good game with this system, or at least I was checking if it was a good idea. Now we know more about the players. When you play alongside Gerrard, it's normal that the other players don't get the same credit, but it's important for me as a manager, and the rest of the team, to know that these players are always there and will be important. People will always talk about Steven Gerrard, especially when he plays well and scores two goals, but I think that Mascherano was amazing against Middlesbrough.

I'm glad he's said that. Momo's been getting more than his fair share of stick on some of the sites I frequent, over the last few weeks. Aside from him being out of form at the minute, I think it's largely down to how impressive Mascherano has been.

I'm glad he's said that. Momo's been getting more than his fair share of stick on some of the sites I frequent, over the last few weeks. Aside from him being out of form at the minute, I think it's largely down to how impressive Mascherano has been.

That's true but Momo really has to show some sign of progress next season. He's great at what he does but I want to see him moulded into a Viera type player. He has to push forward more when Mascherano is behind him. On a related note the same goes for Alonso. I read that Alonso scored 12 or 13 goals for Sociedad in the season before he left. He needs to get up onto the edge of the box and just shoot sometimes. Mascherano is the best young defensive midfielder on the planet. His team mates need to let him do his job and adapt their game to make use of him.

Link added to the other (formerly Liverpool, now Liverchester/Manpool) thread in the first post.

Is Kewell playing tomorrow, then?

I would be surprised considering he hasn't even had a reserve game yet. It sounds like he's in full training though.