rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Stilly

Liverpool Football Club

Has been a fantastic game so far but the ref performance is threatening to ruin it - 3 bookings all wrong so far and the worst tackle (the one from Mirallas on Allen) not punished.

Sterling has been pretty much ruined by his yellow card as he is scared of doing anything so wouldnt be surprised if he was withdrawn.

Hopefully Liverpool can get a bit more composure in the second half and keep possession better.

What terrible officiating. Awful throughout. That linesman played Everton onside in the first minute and ruled Suarez offside?

The refs choices of bookings were stupid too. For both sides.

Why can't these guys get any better or more consistent. Woeful.

2 more decisions go against us. They should never have got the throw in which led to their goal, then that offside decision! Mariner looked sheepish as hell at the end there, looked like he already knew he had given the wrong decision...

Massive respect to Neville for admitting he dived. Good to see that.

so to add to silly racism 'charges', penalties not given, stamped on and elbowed in the head we now have this :D

I would of been delighted with a draw though when they got the second

That offside decisions was such bs, why was he even looking at? There's clearly a blue shirt infront of the red. Such crap.

We certainly didn't deserve to win - from the moment we scored our second, Everton were by far the better team - but even so, it was a shocking decision to rule that goal out. Suarez showed the good things about him today (the foul on Distan aside, though I honestly don't think he meant to catch him - and besides, if he had been sent-off for that, then Fellaini - who was quite dirty all game - should have gone for his kick on the prostrate Allen). It is worrying though that it's still the case that most chances he has are those he has to create himself; outside of his tireless running we didn't really do anything and Howard didn't have a single save to make I don't think.

We still look shakey at the back, too. Jones was at fault for the first goal (awful punch back into trouble) and flapped around a bit throughout and the defending for the second wasn't great. Thought Enrique did ok though, given he's been out of favour lately. We looked light in midfield, too, and allowed Everton to out-muscle us after the first 20 minutes or so.

All in all, a point isn't the worst result on paper, but given we threw away a 2-goal lead and were robbed in the last seconds if certainly feels worse than it should.

• Upvote 1

I think it was Wisdom who should never had let the Everton player cross the ball for their second. Maybe a problem with playing such inexperienced players, as if that was Carragher or someone he would have closed him down. I was surprised Sterling didn't come off with Assaidi coming on either as he did lose his way a bit in the match. All in all though I think I'd have taken a draw before the match.

With the exception of Chelsea's unprecedented accusation of racism from a ref the 'Suarez should have been sent off' comment from Moyes is occupying the top footballing story slot on BBC.

The level of coverage anything he does is just getting ridiculous. I can't remember anyone ever being sent off in the Premiership for what he did. He clumsily stood on someone's heel run running close to them!

You would have thought a winning last gasp goal incorrectly ruled out for offside would be a bigger story.

Didn't look 'clumsy' to me.

I guess the referee thought that too because otherwise he'd have seen a red card.

iHvvo5bLLinZE.gif

• Upvote 1

I don't like Suarez... I have made that clear before.

However to me it looked like he was trying to cut back inside and caught him. His eyes are on the ball. Accidental but could have been a lot worse an injury.

Yeah, that doesn't look particularly deliberate, especially the way he tries to lift the leg up that caught Distin.

He'd already made one jink to the side that the gif doesn't show.

It's a fucking joke really.

It's an example of how infinite replays (often at slower speeds) make things look worse than they do during play. The everton players didn't seem particularly bothered by it.

The English press won't be happy until they hound him out of the country.

Young diving and getting a fellow professional sent off seems to have gotten no coverage, i wonder if that would be the case if it was Suarez?

• Upvote 3

The English press won't be happy until they hound him out of the country.

Young diving and getting a fellow professional sent off seems to have gotten no coverage, i wonder if that would be the case if it was Suarez?

I know this isn't really the thread for it but Young quite clearly didn't yesterday. That's probably why it's had no coverage. When he has dived it has been brought up in the press.

• Upvote 1

I know this isn't really the thread for it but Young quite clearly didn't yesterday. That's probably why it's had no coverage. When he has dived it has been brought up in the press.

sorry, it must have been the gust of wind or the slight brush of Ivanovic's leg which send him theatrically collapsing upon the ground. Young and Bale too do it week in and week out but get little or no coverage. You're kidding if you think they get their antics highlighted as much as Suarez or any other non-British player.

I think you're probably the only person to claim he dived. Were you watching the right match? Most of the issues people have had is whether Ivanovic deserved a straight red which I think is a fair issue to discuss.

Anyway, apologies for having a Man Utd discussion in here. Just had to point out someone being wrong :)

Young was clearly clipped, and at that speed he's going to fall quite spectacularly. I've no doubt he added a few leg flails and twists in for good measure though.

I feel sorry for Ivanovic, his reaction after the red was the same as when Shreeves told him he was going to miss the Champions League final.

• Upvote 2