Liverpool Football Club

Stilly

As much as I like Carroll and really want him to do well (and yes I agree I think he should start on Sunday), the montage videos are a little embarrassing, no?

EDIT: Forum mangled my post

These videos of certain games are more to actually give analysis and appreciation of his impact in 90 mins. It's not meant to be a "highlight reel" of 30 yard screamers.

As much as I like Carroll and really want him to do well (and yes I agree I think he should start on Sunday), the montage videos are a little embarrassing, no?

Stonking performance against mighty Brighton where he even managed to win a few headers and complete the odd pass.

News from rainy Cardiff is our goalie, Heaton (who performed penalty heroics in the semi) should be fit.

Our first choice centre back, Hudson probably won't be.

Our Gerrard has been playing badly for the last few games and if he plays and doesn't improve then we may get hammered.

Went to an event at the club last night and Earnie was there. Malky hasn't been giving him any game time, but it'll be criminal if he isn't on the bench. He is well up for the game and I reckon he's ganna get you (if that's the winner or a consolation goal is another matter).

Can't wait for Sunday now.

Lol at Man Utd fans coming into the Liverpool thread and taking the piss out of us for watching videos of Liverpool player performances.

Must try harder.

I'm more taking the piss that anyone rates him at all. He's been so shit for so long anything other than a completely rancid performance gets praised.

Stonking performance against mighty Brighton where he even managed to win a few headers and complete the odd pass.

Almost as good as the header he won to set-up Kuyt in the last round. How'd that work out for you, btw?

Almost as good as the header he won to set-up Kuyt in the last round. How'd that work out for you, btw?

:lol:.

Funny how he seems to be stringing those performances together isn't it? Almost like someone finding their feet at last...

He was rubbish against us, couldn't even beat Rafael in the air with any consistency . Not stringing it together at all.

Will you fuck off? You're one of the reasons why I've given this forum a swerve for the past couple of weeks.

I wouldn't mind if you were in here contributing constructive comments which encourage discussion/debate. You just come in here sniping.

Will you fuck off? You're one of the reasons why I've given this forum a swerve for the past couple of weeks.

I wouldn't mind if you were in here contributing constructive comments which encourage discussion/debate. You just come in here sniping.

I have discussed. Carroll played decently against Brighton, but you've got people saying he should be in your first XI which clearly isn't right.

What's worse is that delicate petals like you get in a huff.

I have discussed. Carroll played decently against Brighton, but you've got people saying he should be in your first XI which clearly isn't right.

If it clearly isn't right, I'd expect you to be able to articulate why that is. Looks like all you can muster is shite such as: "rubbish against us", "Not stringing it together at all", "He's been so shit for so long" and some sarky bollocks about his performance against Brighton.

Oh, sorry, missed the bit about how he fared against Rafael, which was almost a normal comment.

You're one of the posters who have dragged the quality of football discussion on this forum to the gutter.

I don't see what the problem is. As dizogg said, I'm not saying look at how amazing he is or anything - I just thought people might be interested to see his contribution to the game over the 90 minutes.

He's been doing well of late - why is that so hard for some people to admit?* In the last few weeks he's looked like the player I thought we had signed. He's finally building some consistency and looking like a solid addition to the team. This place makes me laugh sometimes. People are happy to spend fucking months discussing a handshake and all of the other off-field bollocks, in the mean time we have knocked both Manchester clubs out of the cups, got to our first cup final in years, and our record signing has finally started showing some promise, but only a small selection of us want to talk about any of that stuff.

*bitter and obsessed mancs aside, obviously.

I think a team's own fans are a better judge of who should be in the starting eleven.

Any Swansea fans telling me I was wrong that Earnie should be on the bench and should come on in the game on Sunday would be considered trying to get a rise.

I think a team's own fans are a better judge of who should be in the starting eleven.

Any Swansea fans telling me I was wrong that Earnie should be on the bench and should come on in the game on Sunday would be considered trying to get a rise.

Dalglish tried to swap Carroll for Tevez 3 weeks ago. So no I'm not wildly off the mark here.

It was reported pretty much everywhere, do you think all sports editors suddenly woke up with the same bullshit story to print?

“We’re not talking about any specific incident, but if you are going to do business in any way shape or form, no matter what life you are in, you don’t need to disclose it until it’s done."

Wonder what spurred Dalglish to say that. I don't even think Dalglish has outright denied it, only refused to talk about it.

Anyway you need to play Suarez out wide , get another good winger and find someone like Chicharito to play up front.

It was reported pretty much everywhere, do you think all sports editors suddenly woke up with the same bullshit story to print?

“We’re not talking about any specific incident, but if you are going to do business in any way shape or form, no matter what life you are in, you don’t need to disclose it until it’s done."

Wonder what spurred Dalglish to say that. I don't even think Dalglish has outright denied it, only refused to talk about it.

In what world would we want to have Tevez at our club?! Like realistically. He hates this country, hes been AWOL for most of the season, wants ridiculously high wages, is 6 years older than Carroll...

I'd rather give him away for free than swap him for Tevez!

But yeah. This was one of the more ridiculous made up stories of January. Slow clap for bringing it up dude.

My point was not that I don't think he's done well, he has. Much better and more confident than at the start of the season. He's making better, more purposeful and powerful runs across defenders and into the box which makes him a more potent threat. If our wingers can keep firing the ball in with the regularity they did last weekend then he should really grow into his role more and more.

Still reckon he should have started against Man U, he could have put United's defenders under some pressure had he gotten the full game.

I just felt the videos being made looked like we were trying too hard to prove something.

Nice selective quoting.

"We don't need to comment. We've said what's going to happen and it's nothing, so that's us. We don't need to get involved to justify what people have said. Ask them to justify it, not us. I am not talking about any specific incident but if you are going to do business in any way, shape or form in whatever life it's in, you don't disclose it until it's done, do you? As we've said before, and [the chairman] Tom Werner said, there's no point letting the facts interfere with a good story. They said we bought Stewart Downing off YouTube. Do me a favour."

Do you believe either of the following:

- We would pay Tevez's ridiculous wages.

- We thought he would agree to take a massive wage cut to join us.

I like what Mancini had to say about it:

"I never heard of this. Carroll is a good player, he is young and strong but it would be difficult and I don't think [it is going to happen]. There was no phone call to me. I don't know if Brian Marwood was involved. I just read it in the newspaper."

Really conclusive stuff, eh?

Anyway you need to play Suarez out wide , get another good winger and find someone like Chicharito to play up front.

Chicharito? :lol: You want to talk smack about Carroll's failings as a footballer and then suggest we should be looking to replace him with someone similar to one of the most limited strikers in the league. Having him leading the line on his own would be like playing wall ball.

Fair enough mate. Not for me though but I'm sure some others appreciate them.

Moving on, looking forward to the game at the weekend. Provided we don't underestimate Cardiff (unlikely, I'm sure Kenny will be drumming that into the team), I reckon we can come out on top. Whatever competition it is, you never turn your noses up at a trophy.

For once we're on at a reasonable hour for me! I should probably get the early morning practice in for the F1 season though...

Do you believe either of the following:

- We would pay Tevez's ridiculous wages.

- We thought he would agree to take a massive wage cut to join us.

Liverpool have thrown around money this past summer. If they thought he was worth it I don't doubt they'd pay.

I like what Mancini had to say about it:

"I never heard of this. Carroll is a good player, he is young and strong but it would be difficult and I don't think [it is going to happen]. There was no phone call to me. I don't know if Brian Marwood was involved. I just read it in the newspaper."

Really conclusive stuff, eh?

Well the story is Marwood was phoned and the deal was falt out rejected. Mancini wouldn't necessarily be told and he even says he doesn't know if Marwood had the conversation. Like you've said it's not conclusive, but with the weight of reports and no flat denial there's no way you can rule it out.

Chicharito? :lol: You want to talk smack about Carroll's failings as a footballer and then suggest we should be looking to replace him with someone similar to one of the most limited strikers in the league. Having him leading the line on his own would be like playing wall ball.

Someone like Chicharito, good movement and gets the ball in the net. Imagine Gerrard behind him with Suarez cutting in and sometimes joining up front.

Liverpool have thrown around money this past summer. If they thought he was worth it I don't doubt they'd pay.

See, this is misleading. We've thrown around money in terms of transfer fees, although we've managed to maintain a low net spend in that regard. On top of that, we reduced our wage bill over the summer. Carroll is on roughly £120,000 less a week than Carlos Tevez. The difference between them is almost as much as Steven Gerrard earns. There's nothing to suggest the club are interested in going down that route.

I think transfer fees should be reported in terms of the fee paid to the selling club as well as the wages paid to the player. This would be far more responsible than the papers going "lol, Carroll cost only slightly less than Aguero".

So it looks at though Shelvey is going back out on loan after the CC final. I guess they feel we would be ok without him and to send him out for more regular game time. Anyway he's actually going to Boro and not back to Blackpool. Blackpool will be spitting feathers of he's the difference between Boro securing a play off spot over them