Liverpool Football Club

Stilly

good win that and similar to Oldham in that we put away the chanes for once

In the first half it was like Andy Carroll was on a loop of falling over on his arse then moaning about the referee, he still doesn't have a clue about positioning, if he misses a header he goes running backwards chasing the ball when another reds player has it covered, stay in the box! But his goal was a good finish and credit for setting up Luis, pretty gutted when he missed the pen

Still got no idea what Jordan Henderson is supposed to be doing, I don't think he knows himself tbh

2 penalty misses for Suarez now. Should deffo be Kuyt when Gerrards not on the pitch.

Kuyt missed his last one as well, we are shite at penalties in normal 90 minutes

Henderson just links the play all over the place. He's no play-maker but he is good at keeping possession ticking over for us. They're both fairly young players in their first full seasons at a big club, and they're both doing all right. Have some patience.

I wanted you to win today as 2 upsets in a week seemed unlikely.

A little bit scared now after that especially as we have been pretty crap since we won the semi-final.

Hopefully you got gready today and used up all your goals against Championship teams ;-)

I wanted you to win today as 2 upsets in a week seemed unlikely.

A little bit scared now after that especially as we have been pretty crap since we won the semi-final.

Hopefully you got gready today and used up all your goals against Championship teams ;-)

We will be the better team but Cardiff will win 2-1 AET

Have to say that I don't think Downing played that great. Too many nothing passes, his only real incisive pass was for Carroll's goal (that got a big cheer from me, I'm pleased to see him score) and he never looked to take on his man or get to the byline.

Talking of Carroll though, he was constantly a threat at corners (when he wasn't being hauled to the ground), was looking to link up and took his goal really well - though he should have also scored with the header in the first half and the effort from range. You can tell how much of a confidence player he is though, because there was a great moment after he'd scored where he came racing back from up top to win the ball in the centre-circle (it was when Gerrard had gone for a run), there was a buzz about him. Was nice to see him get the full 90, too - makes me hope he'll be starting at Wembley now.

Suarez had some moments where he sparked to life but went for long periods without really contributing. What I was really pleased about though was the fact that in the first half he kept his discipline when a few decisions didn't go his way - I was wondering if he was going to get frustrated and make a rash challenge but I'm glad he didn't. Pretty poor penalty though.

Stoke at home is certainly a game we should winning and I realistically think that Tottenham are the only team I'd want to avoid (and what a shame Stevenage couldn't get a goal today, they played brilliantly).

Final comment (and this is hardly a new thing, the Beeb did it too) - but I really hate the draw being done before all the ties for the round have been completed (and the cringeworthy preamble to drag out the 'occasion'). Bring back the Monday lunchtime draw, I say!

I think we'll want it more, if that even makes sense. We have the quality on our day but for many players, this will be their last chance to win trophies with us. Dirk's been with us for 5 years and I can see him going in the summer. He'll be desperate to leave with a winners' medal, after the promise when he joined us fell away so spectacularly. Ditto for Maxi.

Gerrard and Carragher must know they can't take each season they're with us for granted as well.

Have to say that I don't think Downing played that great.

I agree. You mention Carroll being a confidence player and I think that is Downing's main problem and also why he is so frustrating. He has the tools to be so effective but he seems reluctant to try things because he's scared, so takes the safe option instead. Still, it was an improvement and I was so happy to see him involved in the goal like that.

Yeah I agreed tha Downing played well. I still don't rate him though and until he plays like that on more consistent level I will continue to not rate him

Hopefully that performance is something we will see more regular, also link up play with Suarez & Caroll I liked that.