The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

I tell you who we should sign. The Samaritans. It's the only fucking way any of our strikers will get any support. It was no coincidence that when Owen came on Rooney looked approximately 2000% more dangerous than before. If I see that 4-3-3 in the home leg I will personally post an angry message on an internet forum. Yes, more angry than this one.

What a fucking joke. Never a penalty. Was it even a corner for the second goal? Bellamy didn't think so...

Ah well, we played well for the most part, looked composed and passed the ball well (apart from Anderson and Evans who seemed to give the ball away every time). Evra is a god, my player of the season without doubt, and Rooney was awesome as always.

Why did he take Valencia off and put Scholes on though? Seemed bizarre to me as Valencia constantly looked dangerous, and Scholes was never going to come into a game like that with 2 mins to go and be up to speed.

Commentator painting Tevez as a saint was pretty off-putting

He would have looked a far bigger man had he not celebrated like he did.

No doubt the headlines will be about him, but Given, Rooney and Evra were the three best performers for me tonight.

The commentators seemed biased towards Man Utd I thought, massively overplaying Man Utds 'dominance' over the first 30 mins.

Which commentators? I take it you weren't watching it on the BBC, cos one of those was Lawro, who wouldn't say a good word about United if they'd won every trophy on the planet.

Anyway, I thought we were poor again. We need a poacher. As good as Rooney is, he needs pairing with a lightning fast striker who cimiments him. On top of that we need some real strength and attack in midfield, not someone like Anderson who constantly tries threading the ball through the eye of a needle just for it to be easily picked off and finally we need some solidity in defence. Neville's gone, I'm not confident Rio will ever be 100% again and Vidic will probably be gone in summer. Oh, and a keeper too. Edwin's 39 now and he needs a decent underddtody before he hangs up his gloves.

And that my friends is just an analysis of tonight's team. Don't get me started on the rest.

God, we're fucked.

Again a fucking stupid formation. As Phresh said, Rooney looked like himself when Owen came on the play along side him. Shame it took Fergie so long to fucking wake up and make a change. WTF was going on with the subs at the end? Brings Scholes on and then 2 mins later brings on Diouf. Why not do it at the same time instead of wasting time?

Anderson played no role in the match tonight. Neither defended nor attacked. Just fucked up near every pass he attempted. The defence was also a mess. My scrawny, knobbly kneed, chicken legs are sturdier than Utd's defence at the minute.

Andy Gray was making a critique of Benitez the other day saying he is too focused on fitting his tactic's around the team he's playing rather than putting his best team out and telling them to go win the game. This is becoming a problem I think Fergie is getting into.

Finally, regards Tevez. After tonights shameful antics, he can go and fuck.

Yeah Anderson was poor. I'm not sure what his role was meant to be exactly. He seemed to be playing ahead of Carrick and Fletcher but too far behind Rooney and he didn't really do anything. His positioning isn't great to be honest, he often looks unsure of where he should be. The guy hasn't really made any progress over 3 years and I think a lot of fans have been more patient with him than Nani just because he had a fantastic debut. The sad thing is that he hasn't even come remotely close to replicating that debut. He's drifting into anonymity to be honest, neither here nor there. Like Nani his first season was his best.

It's worrying times really. This team right now is just so...blah.

Commentator painting Tevez as a saint was pretty off-putting

Interesting that even in the light of our financial situation being talked of all the time, the commentator still hadn't worked out that maybe that was why United didn't buy Tevez and that maybe Joorabchian would rather take twice as much from City. It really needs to be put to bed now, I wanted to sign him up too, but I can see now why we didn't/couldn't.

Overall, it was a frustrating result in the end, but I don't think we were bad, we probably should have had at least a draw. Rooney was fantastic, as was Pat and Giggs. I find it hard to criticize how we played given our form of late, but we really should have taken our chances and scored another one or two.

Roll on next Wednesday eh.