The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

I always thought Eagles looked good when he played for us. I remember a great curling goal he slotted in once. Can't remember who it was against but I think we won by 3 or 4 goals.

I always thought Eagles looked good when he played for us. I remember a great curling goal he slotted in once. Can't remember who it was against but I think we won by 3 or 4 goals.

That was against Everton, in the game that all but sealed the title for us in 2007. Came from 2-0 down to win 2-4, a Phil Neville own goal screamer setting us on our way. Eagles nearly fell over on his approach to goal he was so nervous.

That was against Everton, in the game that all but sealed the title for us in 2007. Came from 2-0 down to win 2-4, a Phil Neville own goal screamer setting us on our way. Eagles nearly fell over on his approach to goal he was so nervous.

That was it, great game that one.

Yeah. Fantastic goal.

Also this: (from BBC)

Man United goal: That's probably that, then. Dimitar Berbatov races on to a pass on the right-hand side of the Burnley box and his shot across goal is saved by Brian Jensen. From the rebound, Wayne Rooney takes his time before slotting past the big Danish keeper.

That can't be right, can it? :blink:

Why did we sell Eagles and buy Nani?

Eagles has come on since he's had a run at Burnley. He always looked a really smart player, but he was never going to get the run he'd need at our club. We would never have known he was better than that headless chicken.

I had to go off and do a stupid exam, so I didn't watch the second half. What I saw looked nervy. I do think it's just confidence we're lacking; we don't need a poacher, in fact the only position we really need a play is in goal. Just a bit more confidence and selfishness (or taking responsibility, depending on how you look at it) will do us well. Diouf;

Nice simple goal.

Didn't realize the assist came from Valencia... should have thought better than assuming it was Neville.... :lol:

The Eagles sale comment wasn't a serious one btw. ;) Hes not going to be good enough for us, but he did play very well today.