IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

running for a 50-50 ball with Puyol (I think it was) that neither was going to make, sidestepped into him just buggering him over into the track off the pitch.

Twat. I'll be glad the Premiership will see the back of the prick.

Puyol hardly needed much encouragement to fall on his arse though :(

I went to the City game on Sunday, and there were loads of cunts giving it BARCELONA!!11. Now, when was the last time City were the Champions of Europe? How about it happening in the next 5 years? I fucking doubt it, you jealous twats!

See the funny thing is, as much as Utd get slagged for being glory hunters, i still remember earlier this year the footage of all the City fans queueing up for season tickets coincidentally the same day they got taken over by billionaires so they and their "real fans" can go fuck themselves.

As for tonight, we looked really burned out i thought, and that second goal was just too easily given away, no pressure on the corss from Vidic or Ronalso who were bnoth close enough to pressure , and Rio just watched Messi head the ball sweetly into the net. Barca deserved it weasily, well done.

If Ferguson refuses to give an interview, I LAUGH IN HIS FACE.

have some dignity mate!

Why would he do that?

"Like men against babies"

Correct Quote

"It was 11 men against 11 babies. We never doubted ourselves,

Utd didn't do anything. Poor performance.

So much for the amazing final full of goals and flair! Pity.

Platini looked rather chuffed at the end...

Very dissapointed, Barca deserved it, we were pretty average tonight.

Congratulations to Barca, caps off an amazing season for them. Another one in the eye for Real is always good consolation. :(

We'll be back!

Beaten by the better team, can't really complain in the circumstances. I will complain about pretty much every single player on the pitch passing the ball as though they were wearing a pair of fucking cloggs though. As I said in the football thread, we've played like that ofr most of the season. In hindsight coming away with 3 trophies and a semi & final loss is a pretty incredible season. 66 games played too which I don't think helped over the course of the season.

Anyway, the season is over and we've been far more successful than our closest rivals in the PL so can't be too unhappy. Now for the summer transfer madness to begin!

Pleased with the season's achievements, pleased that the players got to be there in the final tonight to be shown by Barca how to improve further for the next one. It's difficult to feel disappointed. The football hasn't been especially great this season and the squad came away with three trophies, a CL final and an FA Cup semi at Wembley.

Neither can I complain about the lack of drive from the players tonight. I didn't really have my heart in it either, neither during the match nor the build up. I think when it comes to your second CL final in two years you're looking for a nice and easy night after such a draining one the previous time, and Barca never looked like offering that. Sometimes you need nights like this to get that desperation back. I won't be so blasé about a CL final next year.

Naturally, I'm drunk.

Ooooohh yeaaaah, have one of those!

one of what?

We played out our game plan for 8 minutes and then some shoddy defending conceded a goal. After that we were playing Barcelona's game, in which we were always the underdog. Our only saving grace could have been grit and determination, of which we showed none.

Embarrassing. Totally and utterly outclassed, outplayed, out-thought, out-fought. I'm in bed too angry to go out. We looked out of our depth, which considering we beat Barcelona on our way to another European Cup Final last year is a bizarre thing to say. Nobody performed, and I mean nobody. We can look back on that as ANOTHER fucking disgusting performance in a major showpiece match. I made a post after the Cup Semi with Everton where we'd scored something like 3 goals in our last 8 showpiece matches. It's not on. Embarrassed.

I thought there were three big problems tonight:

1) Most of our players were poor, which is obviously a huge issue. I'd say only Ronaldo performed even halfway decently. Far off his best and sometimes selfish, but he was by far our most dangerous player. We started fairly confidently but just looked lost and scared when we went 1-0 down.

2) Lack of a Fletcher or Hargreaves in midfield. Anderson showed he's still quite a way off becoming a top player at this level.

3) Wrong tactics. With most of our players so poor it's debatable whether it would have made much difference but playing only 2 in central midfield for most of the game was just suicide and as soon as we went behind we were always chasing shadows in midfield. Giggs was too far forward imo, and why we abandoned the usual 3 in the centre against a team like Barcelona is just baffling to me.

Amazing that you spend £30million on a striker and leave him on the bench in a UCL final. Back to the Spuds...

What sort of idiotic team would do something like...

Ah, right.

No chance, Berbatov has actually done alright, and Fergie has hinted to it in his interviews. Tevez, as I said in the football thread is too one dimensional and the 20-odd million to keep him could be far better spent.

Berbatov just wasn't the player for this game, nothing wrong with that. He'll get more of a chance next season when Fergie will hopefully try and nail down a more settled first team which I think has been our problem at times this season.

It's funny really as we have an awesome squad (you couldn't play that many games and do so well without one) but you do get the feeling that it is now time for change. This is only the second time United have won 3 titles on the trot and both third titles have probably been the most difficult. Looking at the teams that have won doubles I personally think that the form of a team is fairly cyclical and United might well be coming to a time when they need to freshen things up. With the youth coming through and the Serbian 'kaka' on his way to us in Jan there is no doubt that Fergie knows this, it's just a case of whether we can improve next season. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new assistant coming in too, as good as Phelan has been.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a new assistant coming in too, as good as Phelan has been.

I thought he went to Australia? Many strings to his bow.

We should still be proud of what we've achieved this season but I hope we play better next season because honestly I think we've been lacklustre compared to the past two seasons performance-wise. I'd also like to see a more nailed-down team (according to Sky Sports just now, only once in the season have we played the same side twice in a row) but with Hargreaves coming back I don't know if we'll be any closer to finding out what exactly our best central midfield pairing is.

As an aside I was reading a piece on the BBC about Anderson yesterday about how we've basically tried to convert him into a conventional central midfielder when he was traditionally a much more attacking player. It was saying how the Brazillians were baffled we were using him in such a way. He's still young but I'm not sure he has the defensive nous for such a role (the 4-1 defeat to Liverpool also featured Anderson and Carrick in midfield; such a pairing just seems too porous against the best teams), though to play him in his 'natural' position would necessitate another reshuffle in our formation. I still think, with the likes of Berbatov and Anderson, that we're still not entirely sure how to slot them into our squad.

I'm not so sure Anderson was forced into that role rather than he just had an aptitude for it and it stuck to some extent. Since he has come back in the last month he has been playing more advanced though. His eventual role will likely be in a front 3 or attacking midfielder but it doesn't hurt to pick up the discipline required to play in DM. I'm hoping that next season we move back to a slightly more traditional 4-4-2 (in the league at least) with Rooney and Berbatov up front. Next season is going to be a real transition as it is likely to be Giggs (probably) and Scholes (he has said so) last and the younger players are going to have to take up the slack.

At the end of the day it is frustrating as fuck to lose the final so badly but we've got all the right players to come back stronger next year and I am sure we will. As Ferguson said before the match he loves to win as much as he hates to lose, and you know this loss will drive him on. Looking forward to transfer carnage now!

I think the game was a bit too much for Anderson yesterday, he seemed overwhelmed with the role and never did anything except play short simple passes. Scholes looked much more composed when he came on late on (although admittedly the game was much more open late on). Perhaps this is because it wasn't his natural forte and we missed Hargreaves/Fletcher.

Barca were not only frustratingly good at keeping the ball, they were also fantastic in getting it back and time wasting at every opportunity. Whereas our players all seemed to keep pointing at the player they should be marking.

We may have the best squad in Europe, but yesterday showed maybe we don't have the best starting 11.

Why are loads of you saying you don't have any complaints? I fucking do, we were shocking. What happened to passing the ball, or keeping the ball or attacking, or defending?

It was like they just couldn't be arsed, and that is definitely something to complain about. We looked really slack all over the pitch and Barca didn't have to do too much to take the piss.

On top of last night, I think we've had a relatively poor season performance wise. There's just something no quite right yet, but I can't put my finger on what it is. I hope we buy wisely this summer, because for all the talk of us having a great squad, when certain players are out everything seems to fall apart.

Anyway, well done to Barca, they saw their chance and they took it.

People are obviously disappointed about the result, well I would imagine the majority are. Its a one off game and unfortunately for us we didn't really turn up. Too many players had a poor day, and when that happens you usually lose.

The result doesn't mean we're a poor team though, its only one game. Sir Alex as never stood still or rested on his laurels when it comes to the team and if he thinks they need new blood he'll certainly look at it. Personally speaking, I can't imagine much transfer activity this summer.

Next year the younger players will be a year older with the added experience as well as the young lads who've forced themselves into first team action might make a bigger stake for more games. Not forgetting Berbatov who will have a full pre-season as well as a season under his belt and one would hope and expect him push on even further in his Man Utd career. Plus Hargreaves will be back, hopefully fully fit and he can show us what he's made off.

Personally speaking I think we had a very, very good season this year - League Cup winners, World Club Cup winners Premier League winners, Semi Final in the FA cup and runners up in the Champions League. That is a very good return for me, and I think we're in good shape next year and I fully expect us to be there or there abouts when it comes to handing out the trophies.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone significant is brought in during the summer - I am sure there will be another summer of will he won't he type stories about Ronaldo in the media anyway. I can't put my finger on what we need/we're missing but something just hasn't properly clicked all season

a pretty decent match, dominated by XAVI + INIESTA, and our defence seemed to cope well enough, i guess united never recovered from ETO'Os' goal and i thought after XAVI's post hit u might come and 'punish' our 3-first choice missing defence

still i'm glad united played an anti-chelsea way even if the ball retention and pressing were ultimately similar in this case,

as some ppl mentioned we took our chances, and an unlikely superb header by MESSI(!!)

finally united have an excellent squad, probably the strongest one, and my heart was beating with haste and worry til we got our 2nd,

so well done, and hope to meet u next year again (with David VILLA^__^*)

campeones campeones ole ole ole (!!)

barca(!!)

more than a club

.bikutaa(vic)

PSN ID: bikutaa