The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

No, the Glazers announced a while back that there would be quite a substantial amount readily available for summer signings this season, quoted to be around 50M. Seeing as we didn't make any big signings in the January transfer window or last summer either I guess they've been saving up!

I thought the Glazer takeover meant there was no money for transfers? I'm sure that's what the FC United fans were moaning about...

No, they were just against their club being sold to an American businessman. That's why they went off to start FCUM instead of giving more money to the Glazers.

According to the Mirror the Glazier's are already looking to sell, don't believe this for a minute though.

Not convinced United will make that kind of offer for Berbatov. I could understand maybe £20 million + Saha. The difficulty is I suppose is that there are only a limited number of world class strikers, and with other clubs in the hunt you do have limited options. As much as i'm disappointed in losing the FA cup and not making it to the CL final all these games have made it perfectly clear what players we need to get better, there are no fundamental problems with tactics or players that would be far harder to sort out with a few transfers.

alone.jpg:ph34r::D

logo.gif

Although I am wondering who the team are going to sign in the summer, we need a striker, possibly an experienced one ie around age 25/26 and a young one with "potential" a young Solskjaer and a left midfielder possibly Nani or Malouda...

He means that Liverpool were there

I knew what he meant, my point being that being in the final does n't count for much unless your team wins. LFC are a big club, if they were say for arguments sake Middlesboro who were in the CL final, it would be a big deal just being there :ph34r:

Tell you what lads, those are the two most exciting young players in Portugal at the moment. Anderson has been quality for Porto, he's young but is full of flair and a good finisher. Nani has been great for Sporting, he's fast and useful all round the pitch. I'm delighted! ;)