IGNORED

The old Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

3 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

OMG we're up to fourth (for now).

Yeah, how's that happened? We're only two points off the top, and it's not like other teams have games in hand over us. Get the January transfer window right, and the way this season has gone with teams suddenly losing games you'd expect them to win, you never know what might happen. :lol:

I mean, I think we know what would happen...

Over the past however many seasons these are the games we were unable to win. Remember when we just couldn't beat a team who sat back and defended deep? As long as we're getting the results I don't really care if we play like crap for the first half and go a goal or two down. Obviously I'd rather we didn't do it like this, but progress is progress!

10 games played and we are fourth, two points from top, 1 point away from qualifying for the next round of the Champions League in a pretty difficult group with a team who got to the semi finals and another team who got to the final last year. 

It feels like half of you lot are one step away from starting to call Ole a PE teacher.

3 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

Yeah, how's that happened? We're only two points off the top, and it's not like other teams have games in hand over us. Get the January transfer window right, and the way this season has gone with teams suddenly losing games you'd expect them to win, you never know what might happen. :lol:

I mean, I think we know what would happen...

we could reallllllly do with a defender!... and iv'e read Milan Skriniar could go to spurs for £45mil...i mean, if we are not in for him at that price, that is a real issue!

Strange comments to make, surely everyone knew that Pogba would be available should the right sort of offers come in, given that we signed Van De Beek, and that Pogba has played half the minutes Bruno has so far this season. We're obviously planning for a future without him. I don't understand what he thinks that achieves, making comments like that in the middle of the season, ahead of a big game.

What's the midfield going to look like tonight then. No Fred, do we risk Pogba after Raiola's comments?

Think we'll see a McTom-Matic-Bruno midfield. Arguably could do with more pace in there, but the calculation would be that McTom and Matic are going to spend most of the game sat in front of the defence anyway and let Bruno and the forward 3 do their thing on the counter. Danger comes if we go behind and we're needing more support from the midfield in attack. VdB off the bench for Matic and hope we don't get caught on the counter ourselves in that scenario I suppose.

1 hour ago, Nicky said:

Pogba is the biggest underachieving disapointment i can remember wearing a man utd shirt and i rmember Veron. We all thought the club / fergie madea mistake letting him leave. The mistake was letting him back.

I don't think Veron was all that bad to be honest. He had some good games for us, and I can't remember him ever having what you'd call a bad game or doubting his attitude. His main problem was that we already had Keane, who despite being very different in a lot of ways was playing a very similar role to what Veron had excelled at at Lazio - being that player who would come and get the ball from the defence and distribute it to the forwards. Playing the two of them together was rather like Lampard and Gerrard in the same midfield for England.

Unlike Veron, Pogba has had the luxury of us having attempted to build the team around him and play to his strengths.