rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

The Man Utd Thread

Tricky first half that. Liverpool had the better chances but they still don't look overly dangerous when they get in last 3rd of the pitch. We've looked dangerous a few times and passed the ball around quickly but really need to get some shots on target.

I think i'd rather have Gerrard on the pitch than Aurelio at times. Aurelio's dead ball delivery just shows how terrible Gerrard's is.

I think i'd rather have Gerrard on the pitch than Aurelio at times. Aurelio's dead ball delivery just shows how terrible Gerrard's is.

I wish our management could see that :coffee:

What a weird game. I thought Liverpool would win, but I honestly didn't think United would let them walk away with it like that. There was no urgency, no desire, no passion. I don't think anyone played particularly well and bringing on Nani and Owen towards the end almost made it seem like Fergie wanted to give Benitez a break too. Practically every decision went their way and Carragher not getting sent off was ridiculous.

I just wish we'd start playing well. Fuck knows how we're in the position we're in after some of the performances this season.

Can't complain about losing when you don't create anything, Liverpool always looked more likely to score. Not having a Hargreaves or Fletcher again showed us up against a big team tbh. No drive in the midfield.

Practically every decision went their way and Carragher not getting sent off was ridiculous.

There were a few incidents of us getting penalised for your players doing the long jump, so lets not go down that route - the ref was blowing for both sides. For us more in the first half, for you more in the second.

Pathetic, again. What the fuck is wrong with Vidic, he loses the plot in big games time and time again. And what does Carrick bring to our game? I could do what he does. Receive ball, play behind or square. He's a shadow of the player he was in his first two seasons with us. We're still in a strong position but it's infuriating losing to Liverpool. Same old shit.

Crap performance... but we are still champions and they will never win the league :coffee:

let them have their cup final win... Arsenal will dick them midweek in league cup and then they will struggle in next league game, while we go unbeaten this year

There were a few incidents of us getting penalised for your players doing the long jump, so lets not go down that route - the ref was blowing for both sides. For us more in the first half, for you more in the second.

:coffee:

Despite the ref's shitness today we still deserved to lose. Carrick and Scholes were woeful in the middle of the park.

Pathetic, again. What the fuck is wrong with Vidic, he loses the plot in big games time and time again. And what does Carrick bring to our game? I could do what he does. Receive ball, play behind or square. He's a shadow of the player he was in his first two seasons with us. We're still in a strong position but it's infuriating losing to Liverpool. Same old shit.

Do you not get the feeling that he's carrying out orders? Ferguson was just sat there watching like Darth Vader or something.

Is that 3 games against the Scouse in a row that Vidic has had his marching orders?

These crazy Eastern Europeans!

Liverpool did really well to block off our usual forms of attack, you barely saw Evra get down the wing like usual and there was nothing getting through the middle. On top of that, there was constantly two men closing down our ball, meaning we never got any space or a chance to pass the game. All credit to Liverpool, they were more up for it, had the tactics right and orchestrated it well.

Feel disappointed that Carragher wasn't shown red for his foul on Owen towards the end and I thought there were a few other poor decisions from the ref, but we can't really complain about those not going our way when we never looked like having the desire to win it.

I must say, I don't understand the level of some of the complaints here. You did actually play very well for much of the game.

We did ok for a fair amount of the game but until Valencia hit the bar we never looked like scoring. No creativity and the centre of midfield continues to be a hugely troubling area. I said I thought we picked the right midfield before the game but maybe we should have just gone 4-5-1 and played Anderson because Scholes and Carrick together never gives us any bite or drive.

I must say, I don't understand the level of some of the complaints here. You did actually play very well for much of the game.

We haven't played well all season. Although I suppose looking at it from a Scouser's perspective, it looks a little different.

We haven't played well all season. Although I suppose looking at it from a Scouser's perspective, it looks a little different.

I don't pay detailed attention your (or any other teams) match performance unless playing us, so I'll take your word for it. I think you gave it a good go for a good while, but didn't have the last 3rd performance. But then we spend large periods of time wasting chances too. We do seem to be your bogey team, but it makes a change from it being the other way :coffee:

I think you'll be higher in the league then us by the end though if thats any comfort

chin up lads we deserved to lose and havnt really kicked off this season. Chelsea will be the ones to beat anyways Liverpool are out of the race and have been for a while :coffee: well played by them today tho.

Chelsea will be the ones to beat anyways Liverpool are out of the race and have been for a while

It's hard to disagree at this stage. Gap has shrunk a bit today though