The Man Utd Thread

Umm, well I would imagine he still wants to go, just knows that he can't go this season.

Expect the same thing next summer, only he'll probably be worth half as much.

I can't see him playing like he has the last two seasons at United.

Its not the same anymore for me, he will have to win over a lot people all over again just to have any semblence of the fan following as he did before all this started. And then most people will probably see him as going to want to leave at the first oppurtunity anyway.

do you think the fans will forgive and forget this time though, like they did after the rooney sending-off? i honestly don't know how good his life will be at old trafford next season.

If he keeps scoring and helping the team win things the fans won't care.

Saying that, maybe i'm being a little harsh on him. Throughout all of this, its been clear what he wanted, but he has never go so far as to burn his bridges, never insulting or critisising the club or players, unlike Hleb did recently. I guess thats respect for SAf and the club still there.

And I guess, if I were at Real and my dream move to United came up I guess I would go for it.

I still blame Real.

The cunts. <_<

He's like many modern-day footballers: a cunt whose antics will be tolerated until a line has been crossed. And he has crossed the line of no return. He's out for four months, so he'll now pick up his slave's wages until the transfer window re-opens in January and it will all start again. He's made it clear he doesn't want to be at the club.

I always liked Ronaldo, his name was on my shirt after the World Cup. I know he's always had many bad traits on the pitch, but we all saw a much worse side to him this summer and he's let his success go to his head. It's like any relationship - you can love someone for a long time and then spend the rest of your life hating them, especially when they rejected you.

Of course, the difference between Ronaldo and most other footballers is that he could quite easily play a massive part in winning the club back-to-back doubles if he wants to, which might just about see him win back fans, but for me he's already tarnished last season's triumphs.

fuck off - what kind of idiot are you? Do you really think that all these stories have to do with football or the media whipping up stories to sell papers? Your the typical modern day Sky/Sun fan actually believing all this shit instead of just waiting for the actual games.

Umm, well I would imagine he still wants to go, just knows that he can't go this season.

Expect the same thing next summer, only he'll probably be worth half as much.

I can't see him playing like he has the last two seasons at United.

Its not the same anymore for me, he will have to win over a lot people all over again just to have any semblence of the fan following as he did before all this started. And then most people will probably see him as going to want to leave at the first oppurtunity anyway.

Of course you cant you could not imagine last season either. You need to be a supporter and actually support your team, 3-0 down and 10 men I am still believing we will win.

Now, I'm no United fan but I will say this: The big Spanish clubs are a bunch of cocks, totally devoid of protocol and class. I've been waiting for Fergie to put his foot down. Just as many non-Gooners were sad when Henry left I'd be gutted if Ronaldo left the Premiership.

fuck off - what kind of idiot are you? Do you really think that all these stories have to do with football or the media whipping up stories to sell papers? Your the typical modern day Sky/Sun fan actually believing all this shit instead of just waiting for the actual games.

Of course you cant you could not imagine last season either. You need to be a supporter and actually support your team, 3-0 down and 10 men I am still believing we will win.

What are you getting in such a state over exactly? Something to do with me not having faith in a player who refers to himself as a 'slave' and who won't put in a transfer request that would draw him closer to fulfilling his 'dream' because it would lose him 10% of the transfer fee? You believe Ronaldo has been misrepresented by the media and wanted to stay at the club all along and is really just a decent guy who all supporters must get behind when he recovers from injury? That's very noble of you, I must say.

Last season Ronaldo was booed at every ground he played apart from Old Trafford. Next season he will be booed at every ground he plays including Old Trafford.

You need to be a supporter and actually support your team, 3-0 down and 10 men I am still believing we will win.

Whats that got to do with thinking Ronaldo probhably won't play as well as he did last season?

He isn't the only person in the team. Have any of my posts even hinted at that? ;)

Sky Sports News is reporting that Levy based his official complaints on apparently false quotes supposedly by SAF that the Sun in fact made up.

Doi!

I did wonder what Levy meant when he said it was the worst offence ever committed by any manager in the Premier League. Informing the media during a press conferenece that you've bid for a player and are waiting on a response from the player's club would be an offence, y'know, committed by just about every manager in the Premier League

Some red faces at WHL I would think when United's legal department get in touch.

No mention of the same claims against Liverpool though, Levy didn't go into specifics as he did with SAF.

That Levy eh.

Some red faces at WHL I would think when United's legal department get in touch.

It's not Just based on the sun story, United's own Norwegan site ran the same story and Sky Sports have mentioned that he spoke to them off camera about the same thing.

Babelfish Translation :

It was a very obvious and positive Sir Alex that united.no met just before departure to South Africa. United boss believes Berbatov purchases.

United manager do not hide the fact that he would welcome the opportunity to want to have a new tip in place at Old Trafford before transfervinduet closes 31. august, and it's Tottenham Dimitar Berbatov that Ferguson first and foremost have thrown their eyes on. Tottenham thanks to turn down United's first bid of 20 million pounds, but Sir Alex has still believe that the Bulgarian landslagsspissen are team mates with Rooney, Tevez & Co.. Ferguson bet the mark in Berbatov already in 2001/2002, when he was with Bayer Leverkusen to beat out United in the final of the Champions League. Now, like Berbatov games in the Champions League again, and has given Tottenham clearly informed about it.

-- We may have made a bid for Berbatov, and we have good hopes to buy him. He has impressed for a long time, and are subject to a fine growth, "says Sir Alex exclusively to united.no.

Ferguson believes the time is working for - rather than the contrary - United in this matter. He would like to have with Berbatov to South Africa, but is prepared to have is in the stomach.

-- We stress not, and hope to get started constructive talks with Tottenham about not so long.

Additonaly Berbatovs agent said united had been in touch with him.

This all comes on top of the stories tapping up of Carrick (The Neveller allegedly turning up at the England WC camp with a united shirt with Carricks name on) and that as soon as Hargreaves was signed he started using his column to go on about how great it'd be if Berbatov signed for united.

Botton line - difficult to make out whats speculation, whats interviews, who said what to whom, and whats hypocracy or showboating to invite a team from the mainland in to avoid selling to another English team but unless someones tabled an offer to the club, through the proper channels as opposed to sounding out an agent etc. it's a tap up, like 90 odd % of transfers I suspect.

No mention of the same claims against Liverpool though, Levy didn't go into specifics as he did with SAF.

That Levy eh.

spurs submit Berbatov Dossier

This isn't just the recent stuff but 12 months worth, so I wouldn't expect this to go away any time soon. They've also put in a complaint about Liverpool's pursuit of Keane.

The report still doesn't go into any specifics on the years worth of intances unfortunately, so I guess we'll never know.

I'm just trying to recall any particular moments of reported heat in the media over the last year or so, other than the usual media speculation.

Its realy difficult to get any relyable sources of information in these cases, clubs rarely work overtly in this way and most is done by the media and agents, who themselves have their own agendas, like the clubs. Look at Real using La Marca with Ronaldo et al. For this reason i'm pretty sure nothing will come of the complaint, whether there was wrong done or not.

Well yeah, I think anecdotally Spurs are just as guilty as anyone of this sort of dealing, especially this past year, but if they can actually prove evidence of dodgey dealings, then fair play to them. But I very much doubt they will.