The Man Utd Thread

ThePixelbarks

7 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

i have  literally, in 38 years, NEVER , heard that saying...

I don't know what to tell you. It's really common. If it's any consolation I once met a woman in her forties who had never drank tea. These things happen.

12 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

E.g. Bruno? ;)

I was wondering when someone would spot that little reference.  :lol:

Anyway, never mind the transfer talk, can we reflect on what a fun season this one has been?  It's been a long time since we've had anything like this.  We've put six past Leeds and Roma, and nine (nine!) past Southampton.  We even conceded six against Spurs just to add to the crazy narrative.  We've had loads of dramatic comebacks, stunning turnarounds.  We've scored some superb goals, and conceded some comical ones.  We're unbeaten away from home.  We had something like six games on the trot where we went behind and came back to win.  We were even briefly top of the league.  It's been brilliant.

Apart from that whole European Super League crap, but we can't hold that against the team itself.

18 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

There you go. It's a phrase commonly used at the match.

yeah but, you stated the above...it clearly isnt, nor is it used by commentators...EVER, as i have NEVER heard it!? hence, my asking.

and yeah, we are likely to finish 2nd! thats pretty good! but we "seem" along way behind...but..i dont think we are! i think we need a pl for the 1st team, a REAL DLP, which would let us play a 433 with bruno AND pogba in the middle (an put rashford back on the left) and sombody along Harry...if not Axel...but...we still need a real number 9 to replace Edi

the real question is: what's everyones take on Pogba?  As much as i hate that massive cunt of an agent of his, When Paul is focused and happy he's unstoppable. losing him this summer as much as ive written him off in the past, will be a huge miss. However he's no longer Raiola's star money maker, that would be Haaland. So Pogba may be more inclined to stay this summer. What do we think? I think if UTD show desires to improve the squad and recruit some actual star players for once, finish 2nd in the league and maybe win the europa league, he may be more inclined to stay. good paul pogba is good, bad paul pogba is shite. it's a tough one

I think he's 80% likely to stay, and I think we're blessed if he does. Ole is using him in a perfect position, everyone is happy, and he's performing week in, week out. Only concern could be injuries, but otherwise... please may he stay.

Also he got 'selected' for another doping test last night straight after the match. He pulled a 10/10 performance whilst fasting, that's how good he is!

Pogba can be whatever he wants to be. It's all up to him, and I hope he decides to give his all to United in his peak years. People often harp on that he's overrated but I think it's the opposite. When he's in the mood he's one of a rare group of players who are totally unplayable.

Prick his pride, remind him he's at the club of Charlton, Robson and Keane, and ask him if he wants to join them. If he gets his head down he's good enough to.

I'm so unenthused about playing against Liverpool these days. Is there any chance this won't be a 0-0? Part of me really hopes it ends up a 4-4 or something, just for a bit of excitement!

16 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

I'm so unenthused about playing against Liverpool these days. Is there any chance this won't be a 0-0? Part of me really hopes it ends up a 4-4 or something, just for a bit of excitement!

I’d prefer 4-0 :) 

Regardless of any circumstances, I can't imagine not being worked up for Leeds, City or the scousers.

Expecting a tight game and hoping we can open it up with an early goal. Curious to see where Pogba plays, if at all. Rashford always has their right-back's number so I imagine he'll start on our left if fit.

4 hours ago, Gabzy said:

It was an exciting 3-2 in the Cup a few months ago!

On 30/04/2021 at 16:25, Stevie said:

Ole has convinced Cavani to sign a new contract with United :wub:

Can't find confirmation for this, hope it's true.

Assuming it's a non-violent protest, good. I wholeheartedly agree with them. I wish more of them were socially distanced and were wearing masks, but I'm glad they are committed to letting our owners know how displeased we all are with them. They're unlikely to damage the pitch.

19 minutes ago, Pug said:

Can't find confirmation for this, hope it's true.

Nothing confirmed yet. Just reports that it's "close" including articles from Simon Stone (generally very reliable with Man Utd stuff) as well as some South American journos who have been reporting on him.

Okay, the dickheads who have taken balls onto the pitch and are having kickabouts, and the ones nicking the corner flags I agree with less.  They're clearly the minority though, but of course they're the ones being filmed in case the media need to portray the whole thing in a negative light later on.

10 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Okay, the dickheads who have taken balls onto the pitch and are having kickabouts, and the ones nicking the corner flags I agree with less.  They're clearly the minority though, but of course they're the ones being filmed in case the media need to portray the whole thing in a negative light later on.

they should get Roy and Micah down for a kickabout, theyre in the corner lol

team - no confirmation if game being played though...

United: Henderson; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, McTominay; Greenwood, Fernandes, Pogba; Rashford.

47 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

I wish more of them were socially distanced and were wearing masks...

Not much chance of that. One of the lads most-likely behind it has gone full barmpot where Covid conspiracy is concerned, probably because the lockdown has done for his touting butty.

What a bunch of fannies. 

I understand not liking your owners but it just looks like a bunch of wee fuds there for a carry on. 

No one giving a shit about the fact we are in a pandemic. 

Gary Flintoff

BBC Radio 5 live reporter at Old Trafford

We're still inside the stadium but we're not allowed back to the press box as of yet. We're very much in lockdown like the rest of Man Utd staff at present. I was earlier shown to a window which overlooks the entrance to the Munich Tunnel by the Megastore and there were still a number of fans still making noise outside that area.

We believe as it stands that all the fans that were inside the stadium have now been ejected. We also believe that neither team is anywhere near to arriving at the stadium. 

The Manchester United team is still at the hotel, although team sheets have been submitted. Whilst we have the starting line-ups, We don't have the teams inside the venue yet.