The Man Utd Thread

On 22/01/2021 at 07:44, ckny said:

They’re gonna pump us 4-0 at the weekend, aren’t they.

Ole has been running his mouth* about how your front players are better than our now** and you are the better team, etc so usually that tends to bite a manager in the bum.

* Paper talk so pinch of salt and all that
** I mean, on current form you can't argue. My U14s front three are better than Liverpool's right now. 

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Ole has been running his mouth* about how your front players are better than our now** and you are the better team, etc so usually that tends to bite a manager in the bum.

* Paper talk so pinch of salt and all that
** I mean, on current form you can't argue. My U14s front three are better than Liverpool's right now. 

Sorry, what was that ? :P

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-22 at 14.38.17 (1).jpeg

22 hours ago, Gabzy said:

I'm reeeeally hoping we get rid of him by the end of this transfer window. Ole knows it's pointless keeping him around.

Ole has known Lingard since he was a boy, but hes a company man and the club comes first. If anyone wants Lingard and is willing to pay then hes gone. 

I feel a bit sorry for Lingard.  He's a likable guy and doesn't deserve the bullying he gets on social media, especially when you read the circumstances that have surrounded his form crashing.  His family situation seems to have really effected him mentally and that has impacted on his game a huge amount.  He was never a star player before that, but he has always given 100% and has been a decent goalscoring midfielder in his time at United.  I hope he gets a loan or a move that helps him rebuild his career.  He's the kind of player who, if he came back and scored against us, you'd applaud.

Social media is awful and full of hate, and players who are vulnerable shouldn’t spend any time on Twitter or Instagram. (or at least let someone else run their account)  You see nameless Twitter accounts saying horrible things about players and managers and quite frankly it makes me dislike football fans as a group. There is a difference between thinking someone isn’t good enough and being downright nasty. 

14 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

I feel a bit sorry for Lingard.  He's a likable guy and doesn't deserve the bullying he gets on social media, especially when you read the circumstances that have surrounded his form crashing.  His family situation seems to have really effected him mentally and that has impacted on his game a huge amount.  He was never a star player before that, but he has always given 100% and has been a decent goalscoring midfielder in his time at United.  I hope he gets a loan or a move that helps him rebuild his career.  He's the kind of player who, if he came back and scored against us, you'd applaud.

I totally agree. My earlier response to the Lingard situation may seem glib but I have a lot of sympathy for him and just feel a move away from the club would be the best thing for him too, a chance to rebuild as you say. He seems to just be stuck in a limbo situation at the moment, which benefits no one. I really hope he gets back to himself and does well, wherever he goes.

seems we made a couple changes, would much prefer to see bailey in the line-up instead of lindelof though!

hopefully we take the game to them today!

image.thumb.png.bc28655b9dbf50ba0b851023993889f2.png

4 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

If hairdressers are shut due to Covid restrictions who is doing Pogba's hair?

Just now, 5R7 said:

that was fucking garbage to concede! lindelof just aint paying attention!

and pogba probably has a inhouse barber!

I reckon Lingard is the teams hairdresser. It's why we've been reluctant to let him go.

everyone else read the report about the reason pogba is now good, and doing much better a t things like winning the ball back...darren fletcher being a coach...and teaching defensive things!

1 minute ago, 5R7 said:

everyone else read the report about the reason pogba is now good, and doing much better a t things like winning the ball back...darren fletcher being a coach...and teaching defensive things!

Fletcher has been coaching us for 3 weeks now and Pogba's been playing well for 2/3 weeks. He must have some magical coaching talents to unlock Pogbas defensive abilities that quickly. 

Probably a bit more to do with Ole :eyebrows: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-lifts-lid-23372925

We've been the better team again by a distance.  Liverpool had a decent few minutes spell after they scored, but we should have had four.  It's annoying becuase we should have killed them off and instead we're going in level.

Shaw and Rashford have been ridiculously good.