The Man Utd Thread

With a beautiful glowing mane, sharp cheek bones and tendency to celebrate goals with steely stares into cameras and yells into the sky like he's pleading forgiveness from the football gods for all the chances he's previously missed Cavani has the look of a revolutionary leader leading the charge against our capitalist oppressors...but if he can't do that then 1 assist and 2 headed goals to seal a comeback against a very good Southampton side will do. 

I fell asleep before the 3rd goal, can a home not be haunted by ghosts but have some kind of scent in the air that sends you to sleep all the time. There was a moment in the first half where VDB was tackled and he yelled in agony so loud it was like Paul Sheldon being hit by the sledge hammer in Misery. I feared it was bad and then moments later he popped up again. Without the artificial crowd noise you feel more there to sense the physical exertion. 

Best away record at start of season since 1985 of course it is. :lol: tbh all these records just make me think how none of Ferguson's sides managed the same. I almost want to go through every season and find the game where the record fell and see what happened. 

Well, cavini might have saved our bacon, but sounds like he will be banned for 3 matches for racist language in a social media post!?! The good old 'in Uruguay its a term of indearment' what a fucking idiot...

You would think somebody would have been through the social media rules with him...

On 29/11/2020 at 14:36, feltmonkey said:

Weird, that's two consecutive games De Gea has ended up in the back of the net with the ball. Does he have a weakness to free kicks like that?

We've been completely shit and are getting battered.

How is it racist language if he's using his own language?

It's not really defensible.  Coincidentally, the word Cavani used is one of the words Suarez used when racially abusing Evra.  The circumstances are very different, of course - Cavani was reacting positively to praise, whereas Suarez was repeatedly using a word Evra had asked him not to in a heated argument.  You can't use that kind of language though, and he should and probably will get a ban.  The precedent for stupid social media posts is one game and a fine - see Deli Alli's Covid post among others, but I think the rules changed this season to make it three games, didn't they?

16 minutes ago, sith said:

It's all about context surely?

Can Cavani even speak English?

It's irrelevant whether he can speak English or not, the word is still reprehensible in either language. It's another example of how old words/language need to be left behind. He's accepted he made a mistake and has apologised, he'll miss 3 games now probably which is really shit, but at least he's learned a lesson.

A 3 game ban is so disproportionate here, but I'm sure it will happen so the FA can pat itself on the back about tackling racism while continuing to do nothing about the structural inequalities that exist in the game. 

I thought the same when it was Bernardo Silva in trouble - in both cases there was no malicious intent, the person they were talking to took no offence and most importantly they deleted the post and apologised immediately when it was pointed out to them why that use of language was racist. No that doesn't "make it OK", but football players are humans like the rest of us, it should be a matter of education not punishment.

38 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

Martial having not had a shot on target in the league this season is so bad it's barely believable. 

Lucky to play over VDB surely. 

Martials theme song...

id also rather see Rashford on the left, and greenward or mata on the right!