The Man Utd Thread

Cavani needs to start, with greenwood and rashford to either side! Its good to see he still has his work rate, especially after his injury, which was always one of his best things!

and Axel has looked good since coming on, even at left back!?

1 minute ago, feltmonkey said:

I'd love someone to explain to my why the hell Bruno isn't the captain. 

Because that donkey Maguire cost £80 million. I don’t even think he’s any better than Phil Jones.

To be fair Bruno cost £60m or something, didn't he?  There must be something about Maguire that doesn't come across on the pitch.  But if you watch the match, it's Bruno who does most of the talking, Bruno the other players look to, and usually Bruno who steps up and delivers.  When Roy Keane was ranting about there being no leaders in the team, it was Bruno I immediately thought of as contradicting that.

I think it's honestly because Ole knows if he took it off Maguire now after what he's been through this year, it would destroy him. But it's only a matter of time. It will take a while but eventually, it has to be him. He's a foreigner and always speaks up and speaks better than anyone else in the squad. A clear natural leader, which Maguire is not.

6 hours ago, JPL said:

What the fuck? Loads of teams have to play on a Saturday after playing in the champions league. It’s just a consequence of being in the competition.

I suspect there’s a difference between Saturday lunchtime and Saturday evening; and a trip back from Turkey late on Wednesday compared to a home game on Tuesday evening / trip back from Italy on Tuesday evening with your game being on Sunday.

but really it’ll be the lunchtime kick off and finding something to deflect and moan about.

Yeah, I saw Klopp mention it earlier. I agree that in certain circumstances they should play later, but I still don’t believe Ole’s conspiracy theory that they’re deliberately doing it to see United fail.

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Yeah, I saw Klopp mention it earlier. I agree that in certain circumstances they should play later, but I still don’t believe Ole’s conspiracy theory that they’re deliberately doing it to see United fail.

I'd be surprised if Ole believes that either :lol:

11 hours ago, JPL said:

That’s what he said though.

He's presumably trying to tap into Ferguson's whole "It's us vs the world" siege mentality approach to instill a bit more mental strength into the dressing room, rather than actually believing there's a conspiracy. It also helps to be a bit hyperbolic to get the point across which, even as a Liverpool fan, I do have some sympathy with - but then I find all 12.30 kick-offs to be absurd no matter how much rest a team has had beforehand.

48 minutes ago, Loik V credern said:

Damn that's brutal. With fixtures you try to find the run that's tricky, but pretty much Southampton onwards is going to be a huge test, so many away matches. 

But the away ones are the ones we win... this could be good news :omg: