The Man Utd Thread

Looks like the usual journalists have been briefed that we've sorted personal terms and agent fees for Sancho which is being called a breakthrough.

Expect news to ramp up a bit before the signing is announced :eyebrows:

11 minutes ago, ckny said:

What time is the friendly kick off today? LiveScore says 2pm, the Man Utd app says It’s on MUTV at 10pm, but that can’t be live, surely?

MUTV aren't showing it live.

2 hours ago, spork said:

Sounds like it's probably not worth watching later. 

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty much played a b team with Lingard and Mata on the wings.

Lost 1-0.

Apparently the leaked line up was wrong so might be worth watching. Maybe.

Here's a little graphic from the Swiss Ramble illustrating how much the various Premier League clubs' owners have put into their teams over the last five seasons. 

As you can see, our owners are leeches who have sucked almost a hundred million out of the club. They've basically stolen the amount it would have taken to sign Sancho. 

Eh20eHGWsAMc6a7.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Empathy 1

It’s the type of thing that makes me lose interest. As long as the club makes money and the Glazers can take money out of the club, it won’t matter if we finish 7th, 4th, or win the league. Man United is a business now, not a club.

8 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

What is going on with our transfers?  Apparently we've given up on Sancho, we're set to miss out on Bale AND Reguilon who are both going to Spurs, and Thiago is going to Liverpool.

Hmm.. the usual?

From spending to much time on a United fan discord this transfer window it sounds like we're probably still in for Sancho, just with Ed doing that thing where he delays expecting the selling club to give in to our demands of discounts before ending up paying the price originally quoted. 

Madrid are apparently insisting on a bit back clause for Reguilon which we're are refusing which is fair enough. Spurs have then come along and agreed to that so it looks like that's on for them. He can then go back to Madrid in a year or two when Zidane is no longer manager as apparently Z doesn't like him.

Thiago seemed to come from nowhere and wanted to go to Liverpool but they won't pay the full amount Munich want. We're happy to pay the fee but he is less keen to come to us and was asking for higher wages. We allegedly finally agreed personal terms with him but then haven't put in a bid. Liverpool buying him is said to be down to them selling first with Wijnaldum to Barcelona being the sale they were going to make but Barca dropped interest and now he's staying. I guess we might bid for Thiago but who actually knows.

Bale is Bale. Thought to be rumours of this coming up now to suggest we are happy to walk away from Sancho but people think it's mostly nonsense.

Sancho also played for Dortmund last night in the first round of their domestic cup but Maguire and Bruno both played a couple of days before becoming United players so make of that what you will. 

Other than that there isn't much being reported at the moment so either nothing is happening or the board are managing to actually keep things quiet. Van De Beek did ultimately come from nowhere so you never know.

:unsure:

Does anyone listen to the official Utd Podcast? I saw a brief clip on Facebook of the latest episode with Roy Carroll as a guest talking alcoholism. Listening to the full episode now, it's a really good listen. Would recommend.

I'll give it a listen, sounds interesting.

Spurs about to sign Bale AND Reguilon.

Fuck. This. Shit. If we don't sign Sancho I am out. Sick of giving my time and money to those money-sucking pricks.

Agreed about Reguilon - nice for Spurs that they got a brilliant player on the cheap, but how long will they actually hold onto him for?

We do need to sign a right sided forward and Sancho absolutely isn't happening, have to move on to more realistic options. Looks like Liverpool are after Sarr. Honestly seems like the kind of player we should be in for. Does seem a tad raw, but I'd rather that over signing someone with no potential for growth, plus he can play on the right. His stats were good last season, particularly for a player in their first season in a new league, playing for a side that got relegated.