The Man Utd Thread

1 minute ago, Liamness said:

We should make some defensive subs. We can't play out the last ten minutes with our centrebacks and defensive mid all on yellows and unable to make tackles.

Aren't our defensive subs err.. Timothy Fosu-Mensah?

14 points behind Leicester, to 4 points ahead, along with only one team losing less than us, and two teams conceding less!?!

we seem to have a first team, need to strengthen the squad!

and, maybe win the europa cos, well, why not

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Liamness said:

Why?

edit - that was re: the "nervous" comment. I still haven't seen Lingard's goal...

Because I'm always nervous when watching United. :D

We limped over the line, but that's a huge achievement considering where we were in January. Absolutely amazing. I think I'm right in saying we have more points than any other team since Fernandes signed. 

• Upvote 1

So we're third! No need to play a qualifier, straight into the group stages. (edit - apparently the qualifier is not a thing anymore) Absolutely beyond a doubt that we wouldn't be in this position had Bruno not signed for us. He's looked gassed the last few games, but what an impact he has had.

13 minutes ago, sith said:

I didn't enjoy that 90 minutes at all. Thank god it's over! Lindelof had his best game for ages at just the right time.

Really? I mean it wasn't a good game but it was much more comfortable than I expected. As soon as we scored I wasn't very worried about Leicester getting back into it, particularly seeing as they needed to score twice. Our defense has been deceptively good this season - we've got the most clean sheets in the league.

14 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

I think I'm right in saying we have more points than any other team since Fernandes signed. 

yep

Capture.JPG.01705086cce594c0fe5f42cacef06efc.JPG

so, we need to add in the others.

Capture.JPG.e30a455511dbe8daadd6467ccbf68c65.JPG

So we get

Utd - 32

city - 30

lpool - 29

so...yeah, the most in form team in the league since he signed!?! :blink:

an argument could be made that lpool couldn't be bothered after they won, but, that's on them. Here's hoping the laziness continues to next season!

1 hour ago, 5R7 said:

yep

Capture.JPG.01705086cce594c0fe5f42cacef06efc.JPG

so, we need to add in the others.

Capture.JPG.e30a455511dbe8daadd6467ccbf68c65.JPG

So we get

Utd - 32

city - 30

lpool - 29

so...yeah, the most in form team in the league since he signed!?! :blink:

an argument could be made that lpool couldn't be bothered after they won, but, that's on them. Here's hoping the laziness continues to next season!

I reckon he’ll be targeted next season as your most creative player so will have to work a lot harder to be as effective.

Your other players can definitely benefit from that though.

You guys think Sancho is a must this window? I've become so sceptical from previous shit shows of transfers that have come in. 

I really do hope Ole and the board can nail targets down this window - providing finances aren't needing to be reigned in due to covid. 

I do think we need to sign another attacker, preferably someone who can play on the right, and brings more in creative terms than the forwards we have. Rashford, Martial and Greenwood are all strikers really - they're good in the build-up but that's not really their main thing. Sancho ticks all these boxes. Also he's just quality, I suspect he would help the players around him kick on a level, just like Fernandes has.

I don't want us to smash our transfer record signing him though. Maybe just... gently break it. We should explore alternatives, even ones that would maybe only add depth instead of maybe being transformative.

No other areas of the squad jump out to me as desperately needing investment. We're maybe too reliant on Matic? Fred looked great playing in a deep-lying role before the restart though, and while McTominay currently looks better playing in a more box-to-box role, he's got plenty of time to adapt to a more disciplined role. I think making a signing and then never playing those two would be a bit pointless.