The Man Utd Thread

3 minutes ago, sith said:

AWB is starting to piss me off. He's amazing defensively, but going forward he has to do more.

hes a defender, possibly the best in the league. Forward aint his game.

Hes only in his 2nd full season, he can learn to cross better, but give him some time. He does the actual important part of his game better than anyone!

4 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

hes a defender, possibly the best in the league. Forward aint his game.

Hes only in his 2nd full season, he can learn to cross better, but give him some time. He does the actual important part of his game better than anyone!

The modern game has changed and the full-backs at the top teams are required to be more than just defenders. He sees a lot of the ball and very rarely does anything positive with it. When playing against the teams who drop deep, we need a more attacking option.

TFM, just nowhere around where he should have been.

And i guess thats "technically correct", i mean they have gone that way all season, i think weve had one chalked off for the same thing this season.

8 hours ago, Loik V credern said:

This thread has moved fast recently, i don't know if it's come up, but the front 3 of Greenwood, Rashford and Martial outscoring Firmino, Salah and Mane this season is quite something.

Not in the premier league though, so assuming that is in all competitions it helps playing in the Europa League instead of a Champions league (and also getting further in the domestic cups, fair enough!)

1 hour ago, dizogg said:

Not in the premier league though, so assuming that is in all competitions it helps playing in the Europa League instead of a Champions league (and also getting further in the domestic cups, fair enough!)

In the league 1 less goal but Liverpool's front 3 have played 2248 more minutes.

I read a rumour earlier that Lingard might be off to Inter Milan.  It's probably bollocks, but if true, what on Earth is Conte up to there?  He'll be signing Phil Jones next.

Our starting eleven have looked a bit tired in the last couple of games though and most of their potential replacements are either not really good enough or don't quite fit into the system we've been playing recently (thinking of Mctominay and Fred here).

I think James could do well today against a team who presumably won't be sitting back too much and he offers a bit of defensive cover but I can't really see any of the front 3 being told their sitting out today. 

1 hour ago, teddymeow said:

I think we should be the favourites.

Screenshot_20200719-125417.jpg

It's not as straightforward as that, though.  The 4-0 was a strange result and the first game for Lampard's new-look Chelsea, including several young players making their debuts.  They're a different prospect now.  The 2-1 I can only really remember Rashford's worldy free-kick.  The 2-0 at Stamford Bridge we were lucky, with three close VAR decisions going in our favour.  You'd probably have to say Chelsea are due a win in the fixture, even.

The main reason I'm pesimistic is that I think we'll rest players, and resting any member of out first eleven seems to massively reduce the effectiveness of the team overall.  Against Palace, we were without Shaw, and rested Matic, and suddely we were comfortably second best against an average Palace team with nothing to play for.  2-0 flattered us there.  I think we'll have to hope Chelsea also rest players and it becomes a battle between two disjointed teams, and that we have a bit of luck.