rllmuk
Pixelbark

The Man Utd Thread

6 hours ago, Stevie said:

Cant wait for today's game and I'm super exited :omg: 

On one hand I think City is going to score an early goal and then just press cruise control and dominate us for 70 minutes,  on the other hand I'm kinda hopeful as we tend to do better against stronger teams. Either City win 4-2 or we win 2-1 :sherlock:

:sherlock:

1 minute ago, 5R7 said:

awww, look at Pep having a bitch!

So, Scotty comes back, and we win!?! Pogwho?

He's made such a difference in the last two games. It's his energy and aggression from the kick off. We're starting to see what Fred does - interceptions, breaking things up and setting counter attacks away, but Scotty's wrecking ball approach is vital. He sets out focused on winning the midfield battle. 

1 minute ago, feltmonkey said:

He's made such a difference in the last two games. It's his energy and aggression from the kick off. We're starting to see what Fred does - interceptions, breaking things up and setting counter attacks away, but Scotty's wrecking ball approach is vital. He sets out focused on winning the midfield battle. 

tbf, if we have them two, and then put pogba in front, that might work!

I only saw a bit of that, terrible stream. United under Ole do turn up for big games and this kind of proves the others weren’t flukes, it’s not that big of a surprise but it is probably the biggest win. It’s not just the increase in tempo, the tenacity, pressing, urgency but the positions players take up in attack and pundits just say; well it’s because rubbish teams sit back and don’t allow the space. Tactically Ole must be doing something right because United are nullifying teams at the same time. It’s effective football and hard to reckon with when so many games the team offers nothing, none of the incisiveness. They are currently the most fascinating contradictory team. 

It’s very rare to feel kind of proud of your team when it’s United but they feel like under dogs now, decimated by injuries, young players criticised, written off. 

What a win. 

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, Gabzy said:

Still can't believe the last 2 performances... have we finally turned a corner? I'm scared of the hope this brings :ph34r:

vy9m503yl9341.png

Ole has never had issues against the big teams to be fair. It's breaking down the small teams who just sit back and don't let us use our pace where we struggle. Pretty sure Liverpool have had issues similar to this in previous seasons where they could go and beat the big teams but would then struggle against WBA or whoever.

Definitely gives me faith that Ole has some idea with what he's doing. Bring in a couple of creative midfield/attacking transfers so we don't have to see the likes of Mata, Lingard and Andreas starting every week and we'll be so much better off. Makes you wonder how we would be doing if we bought Bruno Fernandez!

• Upvote 6