rllmuk
Pixelbark

The Man Utd Thread

18 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Dunno about that. This is a poor run, but this team is a work in progress. 

I just can’t see it getting any better. There is no depth to the squad and we don’t seem to have a plan B. I honestly can’t see us even getting anywhere near the top 4 this season.

19 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Dunno about that. This is a poor run, but this team is a work in progress. 

Indeed, but its easy to forget when he get lousy results. 

I'm having a hard time being patient, but it helps to remember that City lost to Everton when Pep was the new manager. They lost 4-0. So Rome wasn't built in a day. We just have to endure. 

And Pep masterminded all conquering Barcelona and Bayern Munich teams. Ole’s last high profile job involved getting relegated and sacked by Cardiff. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Stevie said:

I'm having a hard time being patient, but it helps to remember that City lost to Everton when Pep was the new manager. They lost 4-0. So Rome wasn't built in a day. We just have to endure. 

I think we’ll have to endure this shit for a very long time though. Our transfer business was slow and nowhere near enough players were brought in and we’re still no nearer to getting a technical director in place. Ole will probably be sacked if this form continues and then we’ll bring in another manager who’ll have a completely different approach. I also don’t think our squad is anywhere near good enough. We need better players all over the pitch. If you believe the clowns who own the club really give enough of a shit to get us out of this mess, then you’re far more optimistic than me.

3 hours ago, JPL said:

Our transfer business was slow and nowhere near enough players were brought in and we’re still no nearer to getting a technical director in place. Ole will probably be sacked if this form continues and then we’ll bring in another manager who’ll have a completely different approach. 

I'm not going to defend Woodward, but the way I see it we fixed our defense this time. Hopefully we will fix our midfield in January and hopefully get a proper striker. Of course chances are Ole will get fired and then we are back to square one. 

5 hours ago, dizogg said:

And Pep masterminded all conquering Barcelona and Bayern Munich teams. Ole’s last high profile job involved getting relegated and sacked by Cardiff. 

true, he did not in any way at all, inherit a team of excellent world class players at every single club he has managed at...nope...not one...

tbh, i think we  need to switch back to a 433, let pogba  move around so he can pick up the ball and drive forward with it, get matic back in the team to actualyl sit, and maybe, just maybe ,try jones or tuanzebe instead of lidelof at CB and see if that helps!

• Upvote 1

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 21:23, Stevie said:

I'm not going to defend Woodward, but the way I see it we fixed our defense this time. Hopefully we will fix our midfield in January and hopefully get a proper striker. Of course chances are Ole will get fired and then we are back to square one. 

It'd be nice to have done this before we play half the season though.  

That's the weirdest 'not going to defend Woodward' line I've seen in a while.  You clearly aren't defending him but think that you are :unsure: 

• Upvote 1

Man, if that's matics attitude, he can stay on the bench!

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11802514/nemanja-matic-ole-gunnar-solskjaer-responsible-if-manchester-united-do-not-compete-for-title

Clearly a Jose man through and through, maybe that's why he hasn't bee playing. Next inine to get the chop I reckon!

And scholes has written us off. Hallenvinv for a couple seasons... He's probably right lol so did neville!

If you read the whole article it seems it may have been both lost in translation and taken out of context. He said, in reference to himself sitting on the bench, "The coach must opt for the team that will fight for the title and if he does not win, he bears the responsibility." He's saying the coach picks the team, and picks who he thinks is most likely to get the win, because he will be blamed if they do not. He specifically says he respects the decision, and that in the past when he was in the first team other players had to accept that they were on the bench, so he does so now. He says he doesn't agree with the decision to drop him, but then you wouldn't expect, or even want, a player to agree with being dropped. 

I think it's flipping Sky trying to stir something up out of nothing. 

I can’t see anything other than a loss today, with both Pogba and Martial out. Our squad is far too thin and our form has already reverted to the end of last season. I hope I’m wrong and they really go for it. We can’t afford to slip even further behind so soon.

C'mon, its Paul Pogba, Anthony Martial, Luke Shaw and Diogo Dalot out.

Both Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Jesse Lingard are also doubtful, with .

LOL!

Yeah, dont think we can cover that much!

I'd guess Matic might get to play, maybe get Mata in central mid as well, pereria on the right

We're going to get fucking stomped on - Leciester look great this season and that's a very weak XI.

I wonder why Fred is even still at the club if he's not going to play.

Anyone else feel that McTominay and Matic looked like a decent pairing? I think I've made the point before that McTominay is probably the best placed man in our squad to fill Herrera's boots - he's not the guy you want sitting in front of the defence, but more of a high energy role. So he's a bit wasted sitting in a two with Pogba. Also that really forces Pogba to do too much defending.

I felt this game was very emblematic of United under Solskjaer - lots of high energy pressing and very direct, pacey attacking. Plus a bit of luck to seal the win. It's not a complicated approach, but obviously it is also not simple for opposition teams to deal with either. I just wish we offered a bit more variety. Given we scored so early it would've been useful to be able to keep possession and let the ball do more of the work, but instead our players were chasing it all over the pitch for most of the game.