rllmuk
Pixelbark

The Man Utd Thread

Bit surprised we're loaning Smalling - he was decent last season, probably the most reliable partner than Lindelof had. Yet Jones and Rojo, whose fitness and form is much more questionable, remain. Seems like we're expecting Lindelof and Maguire to play a lot of minutes and for Tuanzebe to step up and fill in as required - seems a bit risky.

1 hour ago, Stevie said:

Hes too slow, hes 37.

Yeah. His game was never about pace, and after coming back from injury for us, it was obvious his powers had faded somewhat anyway. He could probably still do a job in a deeper role, but I don't see how that would fit in with the style Ole is trying to implement.

34 minutes ago, Liamness said:

Bit surprised we're loaning Smalling - he was decent last season, probably the most reliable partner than Lindelof had.

Yeah, but sadly hes not good enough for us. I do hope that his stay in Italy will benefit him. I would love nothing more than him coming back as a new and improved version of himself. 

45 minutes ago, ckny said:

I don't see what that has to do with anything. I'm not calling for him to be in the first XI. Look at that dressing room and tell me where the leaders are. I keep thinking about a van Persie quote from a few weeks ago, how he wanted to join United and play with men - Rio, Vidic, Evra, Rooney, Carrick, Giggs.

Where are the leaders, on and off the pitch?

I'd rather see him be a member of the staff than a player. Hes too slow for the type of football OGS wants to play, so that would just make him an overpaid bench player. 

Smalling can't play out from the back and will give away so many penalties with his corner defending wrestling. Plus I imagine no one else wanted any of our other center backs.

On 24/08/2019 at 19:32, feltmonkey said:

Man City will be top, then you'll have Spurs and Liverpool about 30 points behind them.

You think Liverpool will be 30 points behind City...?

On 29/08/2019 at 13:09, Liamness said:

Bit surprised we're loaning Smalling - he was decent last season, probably the most reliable partner than Lindelof had. Yet Jones and Rojo, whose fitness and form is much more questionable, remain. Seems like we're expecting Lindelof and Maguire to play a lot of minutes and for Tuanzebe to step up and fill in as required - seems a bit risky.

Yeah. His game was never about pace, and after coming back from injury for us, it was obvious his powers had faded somewhat anyway. He could probably still do a job in a deeper role, but I don't see how that would fit in with the style Ole is trying to implement.

I wouldn't mind Zlatan, both for the potential impact he'd have on the dressing room and the fact that he is still a decent player. Yes, he's old, but he's never replied on pace, pure strength, height and supreme technique. A good Plan B.

huh, cant see that...

not really sure whats going on, but still looks like scotty and pogba in a mid 2...

image.thumb.png.6d974158b060f40adc0621f6a719c0d2.png

• Upvote 1

Yeah James looks like a real player. Can’t help think he’s benefitting a bit from the unknown factor right now though, if he keeps scoring at this rate defenders will start to work him out. But that can only benefit your other attackers in the long run.

Also hard to “work out” how fucking rapid he is!

Rashfords miss with that bodged header makes me want to see Zlatan back. Fair enough it was offside but I just want to see a ruthlessness in front of goal. 

Not just James’ attacking prowess, he’s all over the pitch and defending like a pro. Love him and his dedication. A few of them could learn a thing or two from the 21 year old!

lindelof cant fucking jump!? thats twice in two games hes been beaten in the air leading to goals!...and we let smalling go on loan...who can jump...

Oh here comes Lingard to save the day. 

They said on the Football Ramble that Adam Johnson has more assists in the last six years than Lingard, and he's been in prison for three of those. 

6 minutes ago, Seanfl9 said:

It really will be a good battle for 6th this season. 

One that we’ll be able to watch from the bottom of the league.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

lindelof cant fucking jump!? thats twice in two games hes been beaten in the air leading to goals!...and we let smalling go on loan...who can jump...

Now that we have improved our defense with Bissaka and Maguire, Lindelof has become the weakest link. He never wins in the air and he never tackles.