rllmuk
ThePixelbarks

The Man Utd Thread

Miles better second half. I hope that settles them a bit and they can go on a decent run to build up their confidence now.

I’ve just checked and our next game is Wolves, so that’ll be a good test after the way they took us apart every time we met them last season.

I think every goal in that game came either directly or indirectly from a break. I guess I'd want to see a bit more of a balance - there was a good spell in the second half where we had Chelsea penned in and there was a lot of delicate play. I would've liked to see more of that - crisp, positive passing, not giving the ball away so much. I guess it's a wierd criticism to say that we didn't really cause Chelsea enough problems when we've scored four times, but it's true.

The approach and the attitude was right though. The players wanting to stay in the huddle, to enjoy that moment together, was great to see.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

We've made another signing. 16-year-old wonderkid Hannibal Mejbri from Monaco.

Where have you heard that? How were we allowed to do it after the transfer deadline as well?

19 hours ago, ckny said:

That must be the worst Chelsea line up since Abramovich took over. They’ll beat us 4-0 obviously.

Ha!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JPL said:

Where have you heard that? How were we allowed to do it after the transfer deadline as well?

Pretty sure it was confirmed ages ago. We brought several 16 and 17 year olds from Europe.

Mental strength is everything with this squad, as last seasons soaring highs and crashing lows proved. And what a relief to see Maguire settle in so well. He already feels like an immense player - the sort to get extra animations in FIFA - and except for a few scares early on I struggle to think of one attack that got through him. Having a solid back four is going to free players like Pogba, stop them hanging back, and let them find the kind of passes that led to the third goal. And if Rashford knows those balls are coming, he's going to make more runs. All in all, it's looking lovely.

• Upvote 1

Thinking about the rebuilding job that’s needed at the club, I’m coming round a bit to the way we’re going about it. Yes, it would have been nice to get another midfielder and maybe a striker (I’m still not convinced Martial can do it), but our most pressing concern was the defence and that looks to have been addressed, at least in part. It makes sense after seeing how many goals we let in last season that was the place to start. So, although I’m not really going to read anything into Sunday’s result, it definitely feels like the foundation to build from has been set and they can hopefully regain some confidence and start to play with more attacking intent rather than having to keep rushing back to cover.

It’s still going to be a tough season, but the second half against Chelsea actually felt like the team were working together as a unit, as opposed to individual players all pulling in different directions.

If they can keep it up, then I might start to enjoy watching them again. Good stuff.

• Upvote 1

And we’ve still got Pogba saying shit like ‘the question mark remains’ and ‘only time will tell’ about his future. I wish we’d replaced him and fucked him right off. He obviously doesn’t give a shit about United, so the sooner we start building the team around players other than him, the better. He’s the absolute antithesis of what Ole wants to build at the club and even though he could be the key to a decent season, he could also quite easily be a big problem.

Saying shit like that when he knows our window is shut, but he could still move. What a cunt.

Pogba saying stuff like that to the press is annoying and stupid seeing as it really doesn't benefit him at all, but calling him a cunt and saying he is the antithesis of what Ole wants is also way over the top and unnecessary. He made a fair few mistakes in possession on Sunday, but when it came down to it he assisted two goals, never stopped wanting the ball, and is happy to play the pass rather than go for glory. For Ole to build long term plans around Pogba is clearly folly, but I have no problems with his attitude on the pitch and isn't that what really matters?

• Upvote 2

You honestly have no problem with his attitude on the pitch? You obviously didn’t watch the end of last season then. He’s a selfish baby, who’s only in it for himself. He’s got absolutely no consideration for his team mates or the fans, so I’m sorry, I still think he’s a cunt.

It’s also blatantly obvious he’s still angling for a move, or else he would have come out and said he’s sticking with the club rather than the self-serving bullshit he continues to blurt out.

Now, I know he can be an amazing player when he wants to be and hopefully he’ll settle down a bit, but I think it’s a mistake to put so much reliance on him.

Hopefully we’ll get him replaced as a priority next season.

Whats done is done. Pogba will leave for Madrid next season but right now I belive hes committed.

Anyhow, I love how people seem to have bonded over the past weeks

aeofuk5pbvf31.thumb.jpg.5a6f5b5d2c35c4880b343ea474cb8d0a.jpg

kepd6xkt4vf31.thumb.jpg.52678ab8bc900b84d41c71635cf0a0c7.jpg

and they have all gotten their nicknames

i8ylxontv1g31.thumb.jpg.fafed22cfacf0c588bf9673d4eba9870.jpg

• Upvote 5

I know we're only one game in, but the passion in the celebrations from all players was great. None of that Lukaku nonsense where he didn't celebrate and just point at the sky. 

• Upvote 2

“It’s hard, man. It’s different,” Lukaku said. “In England, it’s a lot of work. But over here, it’s real work.”

Lukaku burning all bridges. Classy.

So Inter is interested in getting Sanchez

Alexis Sanchez's agent is in England to bring Inter's offer to Man United: loan with right of redemption, heavy engagement is discussed, Alexis has given his ok. He expects to understand if United accepts the conditions. Plan B is Llorente @SkySport

Pretty great of Inter to take all the heavy (lol Lukaku) baggage off ours hands! What heroes.

Is it ok to post videos in this thread? I'm a sucker for promos like this and the people making them deserves the views and the like's.

• Upvote 2

Excited for tonight. Not because I think we are going to smash Wolves and go on to win the next 36 league games or anything. I'm excited to see how the team responds to the likely ferocious atmosphere at Molineux. We got humiliated there last season and hopefully we see the characters of the players shine through tonight. A number have said they never want to go through that again, so I want to see some real fight with flashes of flare, obv :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1