rllmuk
Pixelbark

The Man Utd Thread

So the squad flies to Australia today for pre-season action! We still have Pogba and Lukaku, Mino Raiola being his usual dickhead self, and we still haven’t signed any midfielders or centre-backs. Business as usual, lads!

• Upvote 1

Also, Sanchez is injured.  He's done his hamstring playing for Chile. 

The club apparently don't know where Pogba is. 

Things are going great!  :facepalm:

28 minutes ago, spork said:

Pogba is traveling with the squad to Oz according to a reliable person on Reddit.

Boo! Literally pointless him being there with his negativity.

2 hours ago, tbb said:

Has Pogba actually said or acted negative though, or is it all paper talk? 

It's his fucking agent wanting another big fat pay day.

3 hours ago, tbb said:

Has Pogba actually said or acted negative though, or is it all paper talk? 

The majority of last season?

Pogba is on film saying he thinks it’s time for a new challenge.

That’s the kind of thing Ronaldo or Messi can say. Chelsea fans can’t begrudge Eden Hazard for seeking a new challenge either. Pogba hasn’t come close to earning the right to say that with a straight face.

• Upvote 4

A new challenge! :lol:

If United can get anywhere near £100m they should snap Madrids hands off.

As a neutral I really hope he gets his Madrid move, because those fans will turn on him in a heartbeat and it will be hilarious to see.

That squad above though, fucking hell that looks very poor.

Realistically though...even if you are thinking very ambitiously, who would you United fans like to bring in?

Centre half?

Maguire

Koulibaly

Nacho

Diop

Midfield?

Ndidi

Bruno Fernandes

Rakatic

Savic

Longstaff

Tielemans

Erikson

Isco

Attack?

Bale

Richarlison

Pepe

Ben Yeddar

Cavani

Diego Costa

Filipe Anderson

I've just plucked some names out the sky, which I think is how news papers do their own transfer news.

Also when dreaming of transfers, lets ignore the fact Ed Woodward is in charge...:ph34r:

3 hours ago, spork said:

To be fair, he probably just said that him and Rashford dress like twats.

NINTCHDBPICT000457615825.thumb.jpg.3c5edbd57cddf48e2897f15b15a84e97.jpg

I'm torn. I wore turtlenecks back in the 90's but back then it was the shit. These lads have enough money to get professional fashion advice so is there any excuse....at all?

I hate the fact that Ole wants Pogba, Pogba is a mercenary and hes not loyal. Pogba should go to Madrid and face the consequences. 

8 hours ago, Stevie said:

I'm torn. I wore turtlenecks back in the 90's but back then it was the shit. These lads have enough money to get professional fashion advice so is there any excuse....at all?

I hate the fact that Ole wants Pogba, Pogba is a mercenary and hes not loyal. Pogba should go to Madrid and face the consequences. 

I imagine if we turn around and say he's not wanted his price drops a lot right away. If we pretend we still want him then we get Madrid to pay a lot more if they actually want him.

On 08/07/2019 at 18:48, Gabzy said:

Yup, no negativity/aggro going on at all. I’m sure the lads are delighted to have him there!

Again, they could be best buds for 99.9% of the time but that doesn't make news.

@Steely id sign these guys:-

Def - Milan Skriniar

Mid -  Sergej Milinkovic-Savic,

Forward - ...gonna go Leon Bailey, rough around the edges, very quick and direct, and, And! left footed inside right!

14 minutes ago, teddymeow said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no more transfers. 

Woodward is useless.

2 more!

11 hours ago, tbb said:

Again, they could be best buds for 99.9% of the time but that doesn't make news.

Why so defensive over Poggers?

I know he’s a brilliant player, when he wants to be, but his attitude in so many matches last season was pathetic and he seems more concerned with his social media image than his football. I also know the press seem to have it in for him, but I can see with my own eyes that he really doesn’t give a shit about United, so I’d rather he went.

Obviously the worry then is who do we replace him with, which isn’t a job I feel confident Woodward handling. I can see him leaving and us not replacing him before the transfer window shuts, but even then, I still don’t feel that’s a reason to keep him. I’d rather give the youngsters a go than have his toxic attitude at the club for another season.

It’s just a big mess whichever way you look at it.

The thing is, if you get rid of Pogba, you dont need a like for like replacement, because the system that it looks like Ole wants to play doesn't seem to really accommodate for the Pogba role. What ever the hell is best role is actually meant to be. :unsure:

You certainly need midfield reinforcements but they dont need to be like Pogba.

Imagine if things were being set up behind the scenes for Milinkovic-Savic and Bruno Fernandes to cross the line for when Pogba left! Imaaaagine it! Because it certainly wont be happening. :lol:

49 minutes ago, Steely said:

The thing is, if you get rid of Pogba, you dont need a like for like replacement, because the system that it looks like Ole wants to play doesn't seem to really accommodate for the Pogba role. What ever the hell is best role is actually meant to be. :unsure:

You certainly need midfield reinforcements but they dont need to be like Pogba.

Imagine if things were being set up behind the scenes for Milinkovic-Savic and Bruno Fernandes to cross the line for when Pogba left! Imaaaagine it! Because it certainly wont be happening. :lol:

Sounds like we are trying to bring in 2 regardless. Bruno Fernandes and Longstaff seem to be who we want. Reports came out yesterday we are now after Lemina from Southampton but that might be in the same way we are after other right backs when discussions were ongoing for AWB to make it look like we had other options to keep the price lower.

There is also a lot of thinking that we let Leicester go for Tielemans without any competition so that they would be prepared to let Maguire go for a slightly more reasonable price and that it's almost complete.

Who actually knows these days though :lol:

12 hours ago, JPL said:

Why so defensive over Poggers?

I'm not bothered either way. I've just seen people jumping this way and that based on what the papers have reported.

People hated him at the start of the season because he was toxic and killing Mourinho. Then when Mourinho left and Pogba scored a few goals he was suddenly everyone's favourite player. Now the papers are reporting him as being toxic again everyone is jumping on him.

He's high profile and the papers love to make stories about high profile players. However Pogba visiting old folks homes and reading books in children's hostels isn't juicy so maybe the papers are fabricating negative stories? Who knows.

According to the Beeb (I know, I know, Paper talk)

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Paul Pogba has "never been a problem" and there is an "agenda" against the France midfielder.

<snip>

In his first pre-season news conference in Perth, Australia, Solskjaer made reference to a video of £89m record-signing Pogba and team-mate Jesse Lingard that was reported as a bust-up between the pair.

"It's an agenda against Paul, he's a great, great professional, never been any problems, he has a heart of gold," said the Norwegian.

"Jesse and Paul yesterday walking around was portrayed as a fight between the two boys and I know you're here to sell papers and stories but they're all professional.

"Paul's never put himself out of the team, always given his best and I can't report anything other than that agents talk all the time.

"I can't be sitting here talking about Paul and what agents are saying, we've got a few years left of his contract and he's been fantastic."

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, tbb said:

I'm not bothered either way. I've just seen people jumping this way and that based on what the papers have reported.

People hated him at the start of the season because he was toxic and killing Mourinho. Then when Mourinho left and Pogba scored a few goals he was suddenly everyone's favourite player. Now the papers are reporting him as being toxic again everyone is jumping on him.

He's high profile and the papers love to make stories about high profile players. However Pogba visiting old folks homes and reading books in children's hostels isn't juicy so maybe the papers are fabricating negative stories? Who knows.

Yeah, I totally get the media seem to have an agenda with him, but surely that isn’t a factor for any United fan. People will rave about him when he’s putting in the effort, because he can be an outstanding, unstoppable player. The problem is that he’s just so inconsistent and when you see the way he conducts himself - being stroppy when things aren’t going his way in a match, saying he wants a new challenge in interviews, etc - he just comes across like a spoilt brat, that undoubtedly unsettles his teammates and has little respect for the club.

If he could sort out his attitude he could be one of the best midfielders in the world, but I don’t think he’s mature or wise enough yet. I hope he sorts himself out, but I just can’t see it happening with us and I don’t think we should waste any more time trying to find out.

Sell him and use the money to buy some players who want to actually be at United.