The Man Utd Thread

3 hours ago, JPL said:

And why do you think that is?

He’s not exactly creating an encouraging, positive environment is he? His childish behaviour will be felt throughout the squad and it’ll be dragging everyone down. He’s poison.

He is different behind closed doors on the training pitches & changing room.  His public image is very different to the one the players see each day.

Man United's problems are down to recruitment.  You've bought a lot of expensive rubbish and still expect a tune out of them.  There's also no fear about United any more.  Teams used to shit themselves about playing at Old Trafford, now people go there expecting some kind of result as your defence is so poor & you can't score many goals due to that useless lump up front (Lukaku).  You don't have any nasty players either, just a load of walkovers.  Any top side needs a few nasty bastards in the side.  At Arsenal we've not had any steel for over 10 years and it shows & your lot are going the same way.

6 hours ago, Steve007 said:

He is different behind closed doors on the training pitches & changing room.  His public image is very different to the one the players see each day.

Man United's problems are down to recruitment.  You've bought a lot of expensive rubbish and still expect a tune out of them.  There's also no fear about United any more.  Teams used to shit themselves about playing at Old Trafford, now people go there expecting some kind of result as your defence is so poor & you can't score many goals due to that useless lump up front (Lukaku).  You don't have any nasty players either, just a load of walkovers.  Any top side needs a few nasty bastards in the side.  At Arsenal we've not had any steel for over 10 years and it shows & your lot are going the same way.

Absolutely agree. The squad just isn't good. Surely Lukaku has scored a few goals but yes far and away top class. He just doesn't bully people like he should. Pogba doesn't command the midfield, even for France. The CBs are all shite. 

It's a total mess. Even Fergie could not get this lot to win the league. United need to step back, new everything and rebuild completely. The entire squad and staff need replacing. 

I'm not sure you can say, unless your are actually there witnessing it, that he is different around his squad.

He has already been publicly slating a few of them this season too. I'd love to see what Mourinho is like with his squad behind closed doors.

I also think if a club employs Mourinho they do so with the understanding that he isn't interested in working to improve existing players, he will buy whoever fills the role he requires and he brings success that way. With that in mind vetoing his transfer targets was always a recipe for disaster.

What if his transfer targets were unrealistic?  He wanted Alderweireld, but getting him out of Spurs was never going to happen - just because Man Utd want somebody doesn't mean they will join.  Hell, look at Diego Godin, happy to use the club to get a better contract out of Atletico.  Then it was Mina, then Maguire. Apart from playing CB, what do they have in common?  What is the type of centre back he wanted?

Having just spent £65m on a forward, and with Lukaku, Lingard and Rashford, he wanted to buy a slow 32 year old in Mario Mandzukic.  Why? What is the plan?

Mandzukic would have probably played more on the right as we don't really have anyone who actually likes to play out there. As for the center backs, all of them apart from Mina would have been big upgrades on what we have currently, especially Alderweireld who has lots of Premier League experience that Bailly and Lindelof would both have benefited from massively I expect.

Personally I would have loved to have seen Tuanzabe and Fosu-Mensah kept and given a chance instead of being sent out on loan.

5 minutes ago, 5R7 said:

this 3rd kit is terrible! why the fuck not just have a white one! it looks like it was white, and somebody left a red one in the wash with them!

Nah, pink kits are always awesome. I'm sad it's not more garish.

17 minutes ago, spork said:

Nah, pink kits are always awesome. I'm sad it's not more garish.

ahh, yes! thats the issue! it looks washed out, not bright and in ya face! lol

and we did do a goal!...is ...is that a good thing right now?