The Man Utd Thread

We have got to up the tempo here and just go for it in the final 15-20. If we concede again, so be it.. We lose. I'm not having it that only start ramping it up in the final few minutes. Get that crowd screaming and just TRY rescue this title chase. 

this really shows our absolute reliance on pogba, it really does. We really need to invest ion at least one midfielder, i dont think there is anybody really good enough right now in the youth ranks to bring through either.

City's pressure every time the ball changed hands was stifling - we barely got out of our own half before their first goal. We don't have many players capable of playing through a press like that, although to be fair I don't think many other sides do either. Not a vintage performance from City but a very effective one.

I would agree Lukaku was a passenger here. I don't know if dropping him for a big game like this would do more harm than good though, given how low his confidence seems to be. He does need to be smarter about how he can contribute in games where he won't see a lot of the ball though, it is one thing to not be scoring, but he also didn't really help us get up the pitch.

39 minutes ago, Chu Chu Chris said:

Oh look, Mourinho is blaming the referee again for losing. BOOOORRRRIIIINNNGGG, HE ACTUALLY SAID "CLEAR PENALTY" What a joke, this guy is a parasite.

Irony overload.

If we're going to go cautious in the big games, I actually prefer Van Gaal's possession-based cautiousness to Mourinho's reactive football. Depressing to watch us sit back for most of the game when we have so much attacking talent on the pitch.

45 minutes ago, ckny said:

It may not be the United way, but I love watching a defensive masterclass. Mourinho’s Inter vs Barca was beautiful.

I remember that game, was great to watch. 

Inter got a man sent off and by the time Pique scored it was too late. 

4 hours ago, ckny said:

It may not be the United way, but I love watching a defensive masterclass. Mourinho’s Inter vs Barca was beautiful.

Agreed, except everyone forgets Inter actually came out and attacked in the first leg at home, scoring 3 after going a goal down. Pretty sure they had more chances than Barca. It wasn't anywhere near as negative as yesterday. 

tbh, i still cant understand why we went with lukaku instead of morata, lukakus all round play is abysmal, his touch, his passing, his dribbling, all naff!

and shaw is having another good game here! must be getting closer to first choice!

1 hour ago, Gabzy said:

Haha slow stream :)

Is he not celebrating as some kind of protest towards the fans? Because he needs to get real if so.

i think he's taking a lot of unneccesary stick. 

1  Mohamed SalahLiverpool

2. Harry KaneSpurs

3. Sergio AgüeroMan City

4. Romelu LukakuMan Utd

4. Álvaro MorataChelsea

Man utds problems have been we've lacked pogba. and without that all round engine feeding our strikers in the team, he's naturally struggled to score goals.  goals aren't just scored, they're made. and reactionary statements by fans fed through cheap and easy regurgitated tabloid bullshit doesnt help. 

@Nicky I’m reacting to what my eyes are seeing every weekend, I don’t read any tabloid papers for what it’s worth. Those goals all came earlier in the season, and he’s been very poor over the past couple of months. Missing clear goal opportunities. I know they have been lacking but as a top price striker surely you have to put them away when they do come. He’s paid to make the difference when we need him to, and lately he just hasn’t.

@Gabzyjust to clarify - i wasn't ever trying to suggest that is what *you* we're doing re: press and im sorry if it seemed that i was being arsey at you. But his actual stats show he's doing alright, especially when you consider how average we've been since since pogba got injured. I too have watched every game, but if you have a striker who has undoubtedly got the skill and ability to score goals, and he isn't you've got to look at why.  All players miss goals, even sitters like Martial tonight, but lumping it all on Lukaku's shoulders is unfair as he's now scored just as many as Aguero, has had 40 less shots on goal than Harry Kane who's scored 2 more goals, when our team has 1 player in the top 20 for passes, and Miki and Pogba are our highest assist making players with 5 each of which niether are playing at the moment. 

Lukaku isn't doing bad! 

Lukaku isnt paid to make a difference, he's paid to score goals. Pogba is the player who's paid to make the difference. the player who is controlling our play and seemingly all creative output when hes playing.

1 minute ago, Nicky said:

@Gabzyjust to clarify - i wasn't ever trying to suggest that is what *you* we're doing re: press and im sorry if it seemed that i was being arsey at you. But his actual stats show he's doing alright, especially when you consider how average we've been since since pogba got injured. I too have watched every game, but if you have a striker who has undoubtedly got the skill and ability to score goals, and he isn't you've got to look at why.  All players miss goals, even sitters like Martial tonight, but lumping it all on Lukaku's shoulders is unfair as he's now scored just as many as Aguero, has had 40 less shots on goal than Harry Kane who's scored 2 more goals, when our team has 1 player in the top 20 for passes, and Miki and Pogba are our highest assist making players with 5 each of which niether are playing at the moment. 

Lukaku isn't doing bad! 

I hear ya. You’re probably right, I guess I’m just frustrated in general. We shouldn’t need to rely this heavily on Pogba!