The Man Utd Thread

In terms of Mourinho's pragmatic approach, I've seen worse finals and will take winning more like that. It was decent enough until the second goal ended it as a contest early in the second half. This without the first choice striker, defender or goal keeper.

Still a long way off the very best teams in Europe, but so is everyone else in the league.

To add to a carefree summer, I like Romero in goal so DDG can do all the flirting he wants with Real.

If you're a neutral watching that I can understand it not being exciting. One team had a game plan and one team looked lost, especially for all the ball they had. The one that had a plan never looked like losing and as a fan that was brilliant to watch.

Was a controlled, professional performance with everyone well drilled in what they had to do. Thought the back 4 especially were brilliant.

It was a huge game for the club and the manager, they'd gambled big on this trophy and it's payed off in the end. It's always nice to end the season winning a trophy too. Should make for an interesting summer and hopefully that increase in quality and Jose having a better understanding of the club and the players should see an improvement in the league next year.

From what I saw, as a neutral (Everton fan), it was great. Absolutely delighted for Man U and Mou (who clearly hasn't been particularly happy there, but is worthy of respect) - as the above posters have said, he went there with a plan. Ajax can gripe and moan all they like, they were schooled with a focused, controlled, professional performance. Good work. 

17 hours ago, Gabzy said:

I know it's early to say but we have fucking killed Ajax tonight. What a professional performance - very, very proud.

Romero's had a quieter day than my nan. And she's dead.

FFS Gabby! Mulher louca. 

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40148890

Griezmann has confirmed that he is staying at Athletico Madrid, as it would be a "dirty move" to leave after their transfer ban was upheld, which would mean that they couldn't sign a replacement.

As disappointing as this is to us as United fans, it kind of makes me respect him more. He didn't want to stitch his own team up.

I kind of hope we go all out to sign Bale now. That's very much up to Real Madrid though. It depends on them inexplicably deciding they don't want him anymore. It's not impossible that they would do this, of course. Real have a history of getting bored of their toys quite quickly.

He is going to stay in Manchester and will be able to use the club facilities and train with the players as he recovers though. I am guessing that around Christmas, the club and player will take a view on it and either offer him another contract, or he will look elsewhere, or he could possibly retire. I think that's a fair outcome. He did so much for us last season, we cannot kick him out the door, but signing him up to a new contract would be an unacceptable risk surely.

Very happy about the links with Morata. He's super intelligent with his movement and fucking fast, plus he's more clinical than Rashford or Martial imo. Would necessitate a change in style, as we wouldn't have a prototypical target man, so would need our forwards to stretch play and find space. I welcome that because our best play this season has come when there's been no real focal point, just a lot of interchanging of positions and quick passing. Hope we sign a central midfielder or two though.

Zlatan is a difficult one. I think the club should have offered him the extension, personally. He got injured playing for us, so we should pay for his treatment and pay his wages while he's unable to play. I know talking about fairness in the workplace is sort of ludicrous when you're talking about multi-millionaire sportsmen, but the principal is sort of the same. 

Plus, I'd just like to see the guy in a United shirt again.