Rock Band!

Strawp

Looking at many websites there's the real possibility we've missed the boat. Thomann.de have removed it from catalogue, Andertons basically say "we don't know!" and amazon have never heard of it, or if they have they've removed the listing.

EDIT: Well, fuck. Doesn't this just fill you with confidence

http://www.achamilton.co.uk/Fender/Rock_Band_Fender.htm

I'm glad I ordered when I did - it's a great piece of kit.

However: I've decided that I'm not going to use this as a score/gaming tool, but a learning tool. I downloaded Ziggy Stardust as I thought it'd be fun as I can play it.

Can I fuck.

All the more reason for me to complete the Pro Tutorial mode! :lol:

Looking at many websites there's the real possibility we've missed the boat. Thomann.de have removed it from catalogue, Andertons basically say "we don't know!" and amazon have never heard of it, or if they have they've removed the listing.

EDIT: Well, fuck. Doesn't this just fill you with confidence

http://www.achamilton.co.uk/Fender/Rock_Band_Fender.htm

What a fucking ridiculous situation. I've been waiting for one of these since Day 1 of RB3 launch and regrettably I seem to have missed the only 2 day window where (1) I had £200 spare and (2) Andertons had it back in stock.

:facepalm:

I even bought the MIDI box & leads in advance. FFS. <_<

What a fucking ridiculous situation. I've been waiting for one of these since Day 1 of RB3 launch and regrettably I seem to have missed the only 2 day window where (1) I had £200 spare and (2) Andertons had it back in stock.

:facepalm:

I even bought the MIDI box & leads in advance. FFS. <_<

Negged you by accident :( meant to +1 you. It is truly pathetic how the game was initially touted with the real guitar, yet there are hardly any outlets to be found selling it. eBay prices are a joke as well.

I really wish the calibration with my Samsung was easier and actually fucking worked.

As soon as I plug in to my stereo, it's 0ms Audio and 0ms Video and works like a dream. Outputting sound any other way is a fail, making Pro Guitar Super Pro Extra Plus Alpha Gold Turbo Edition.

Either that, or I'm just reaaaaaaallllly shit. ;)

Just had an email from Andertons

Hello, and thanks for signing up to our list to show your interest in the Squier by Fender Rock Band 3 Real Guitar.

Unfortunately, Fender have now confirmed that we will not be able to get hold of any more of the Squier Rock Band guitars.

We do still have stock of the Mad Catz MIDI adapters required to make the guitar interact with Rock Band 3: The Game. Click here if you would like one of those.

Apologies for being the bearer of bad news, and once again - many thanks for your interest in this product. We hope that you'll continue to use Andertons for all your musical needs in the future!

Bugger wank :(

For me personally it just isn't worth it once the price gets past the £300 mark. I'd much rather buy a real (and much better) guitar for the same price. Harmonix really did fuck this up royally didn't they.

Will the neck-sensor technology be licensed out to other manufacturers? I can't image the Squier will be the only Rock Band compatible guitar ever made, particularly since Harmonix are still actively releasing new pro-charts every week.

EDIT: Mind you, they're probably happy for you to just use the plastic Mustang controller.

Just had an email from Andertons

Bugger wank :(

I second that emotion.

Mind you, at least Andertons had the decency to tell people, so props to them for that.

It almost feels as if it's a loss leader and they've just put a few out to market to satisfy some contractual obligation but there's no real intention to make any money off it. Or maybe I'm just a cynical old bastard. :blah:

I recently got back into this and have downloaded a bunch of new songs.

However, due to migrating my gamertag, I lost all the achievements I had I achieved (plus, my Mass Effect achievements).

Now when I play RB3, it won't give me achievements. It's quite frustrating. All the gameplay options are opened (I've beaten the game), but if I do, say the 'hometown throwdown' tour, when I beat it, I don't get the achievement.

If I clear out my Rockband Song cache in my xbox settings -- will this fix it, or will it delete DLC?

Any ideas?

EDIT: apparently song cache speeds up song downloading. Would deleting my save game also get rid of my DLC? I'm happy to do Rockband 3 all over again (it's a good game), but I don't wanna risk the 35 DLC songs I've got. Can anyone confirm if deleting save game also gets rid of DLC?

deleting game save will not remove your DLC. additionally, anything (and I mean anything) that you download should be stored on microsoft and sony's servers

I've replaced my 360 and after logging in with my gamertag, proceeded to redownload my DLC for rockband 1 & 2 without any hiccups whatsoever. :)

edit:

my migration to my new 360S system was done using my original gamertag. obviously, if you change your gamertag, unless microsoft stores a link between your current and old tags, you will lose your old DLC.

Next week's DLC

The Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack will include classics from the recently re-released Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of A Madman, including “Mr. Crowley”, “Diary of a Madman” and “Over the Mountain”. Fans who purchase the pack will also be able to play “Bark at the Moon” and “Mama, I’m Coming Home”, both of which are only available as part of the pack, and both of which include built-in Pro Guitar/Bass upgrades at no additional cost.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 31):

• “Bark at the Moon” X (available only as part of the 8-pack)

• “Diary of a Madman”

• “Flying High Again”

• “I Don’t Know”

• “Mama, I’m Coming Home” X (available only as part of the 8-pack)

• “Mr. Crowley” X

• “Over the Mountain”

• “Steal Away (The Night)”

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$13.49, £6.69 UK, €9.99 EU (1080 Microsoft Points, 1350 Wii Points) for Ozzy Osbourne 8-Pack

Hmm, that's a new tactic and not a very welcome one.

HMXHenry (from Harmonix) did say this about it -

“We will definitely be watching to see how the community reacts to this DLC release. We’re already tracking comments on the forums and we’ll be checking download stats on the back end as well. Everyone should feel free to weigh in with their thoughts, especially once the specifics of pricing are announced so everyone is able to get the full picture. Rest assured that we’re not planning on doing this every week from now on or anything like that.”

Official Discussion - Ozzy Pack @ Rockband.com forums

The inclusion of the Pro guitar tracks is a good idea, I think, but JUST MAKES ME SAD I CAN'T GET A FUCKING GUITAR TO PLAY THEM ON. :(

HMXHenry (from Harmonix) did say this about it -

“We will definitely be watching to see how the community reacts to this DLC release. We’re already tracking comments on the forums and we’ll be checking download stats on the back end as well. Everyone should feel free to weigh in with their thoughts, especially once the specifics of pricing are announced so everyone is able to get the full picture. Rest assured that we’re not planning on doing this every week from now on or anything like that.”

Official Discussion - Ozzy Pack @ Rockband.com forums

Mr__Horse_by_Ren_and_Stimpy_Club1.jpg

No Sir, I don't like it.

The inclusion of the Pro guitar tracks is a good idea, I think, but JUST MAKES ME SAD I CAN'T GET A FUCKING GUITAR TO PLAY THEM ON. :(

Which they're still not saying a fucking word about. At all. Ever.