Rock Band!

Strawp

Pantera 4 pack coming on the 19th. :o

Walk

Five Minutes Alone

I’m Broken

Mouth for War

Holy shitting fuck. :omg:

Have played the Squier for a while now and I am getting used to it. It's actually quite nice to play, although the frets seem enormously deep on my guitar, which leads to the strings getting out of tune if I push too hard.

Can't wait for the MIDI controller to turn up. First Pro song after the tutorials will be Ziggy Stardust, methinks. Bought 4200 MSP in anticipation of a Rock Band splurge. Pantera will do nicely for that, although I'll never manage the solos.

Ever.

Ever.

Ever. :(

My squier seems pretty good now. I've raised the pickup as high as I dare (about half a mm off the strings) and it seems to be picking up a lot better. The tuning pegs on mine are ridiculously stiff too. I'm considering replacing them if they don't ease off a bit, as it seems like it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

It's great fun to use with the game - I've been going through the pro guitar goals and have got as far as the first hard song (The Who's "I can see for miles"). It just needs a bit of tweaking to get it to work 100%.

Very brief Strat impressions here - I was getting really frustrated with the game dropping notes easily, until I read the manual regarding the string mute pad, it's a lot more rewarding after. Granted, it goes further away from realism, but it's still fun :)

Chords are great fun, more so than individual notes at the moment. I only had a try on 25 or 6 to 4 in the song trainer mode but it's so satisfying hitting the chords, even just on medium mode.

As for my experience, I'm so cack-handed; I've played classical and bass guitar only before (and really not practised like I should), and never used a pick. The strings being closer together doesn't help either, gotta get used to that...

Neighbours signed for the MIDI controller, so got it in the end and have just played for an hour, did the first tier and completed The Hardest Button to Button on Pro Expert (very badly).

It's just phenomenally well put together. Anyone who misses out on the Pro tutorials is missing out on a ridiculously amazing part of the disc. Seriously, just wow.

The guitar itself is pretty nice, and the digital feedback is slick, and highlights just how sloppy a guitarist I really am. Once I had my headphones on, I managed a lot better (my TV calibration is off as I usually plug it in to my stereo, that's packed away right now).

Plus now I know a new song and how to play the main riff for Caught in a Mosh.

:):wub: and lots of :omg:

Does RB3 consolidate DLC from different profiles on one 360?

All the Rock Band games do. If you've got a song on your hard drive, it'll show up in the list - however, it'll only actually play it if the profile that bought it is logged in (and if it was bought on a different Xbox, logged into Live as well).

All the Rock Band games do. If you've got a song on your hard drive, it'll show up in the list - however, it'll only actually play it if the profile that bought it is logged in (and if it was bought on a different Xbox, logged into Live as well).

Cheers Sprite, so I can spread the cost of DLC.

Spent another couple of hours on Pro Guitar last night, calibrated my setting for headphones (I wish you could save different set-ups in the calibration settings screen).

I'm even more impressed than I was. The Squier is settling in nicely and I don't seem to have any issues with it other than my own shortcomings as a guitarist.

The way they break down the song in the Learning mode is great and is forcing me to think about not only my chord hand but my picking hand much more carefully. I've always been a sloppy punk guitarist, so precision was not high on the agenda!

Attempted some songs without learning them and did fairly well. Failed miserably at the solos, but that's another story. The way the chords are displayed at first seems mental, but I've started to distinguish them very quickly and I'm sure it will be second nature very soon.

I honestly can not fathom how much care, attention and thought has been put into this mode and - if you have any interest I learning guitar or improving your technique - I wholeheartedly recommend you pick up a Squier and RB3.

To summarise :omg: and lots of :wub:

Shibs - what do you think about going through the difficulties a la traditional Rock Band? Is it worth going through the songs on the different difficulties? I'm currently enjoying doing the Learn A Song mode, completing the sections and such, but I know when I step up it's completely different. It doesn't help with songs like Space Oddity where you play different chords entirely from hard to expert, that's for sure.

It's still ace though.

I'm enjoying pro guitar immensely and I've still only gone through medium on guitar and hard on bass. I am though aiming at 5*ing both before moving on which has gone perfectly for medium guitar but i'm still struggling on bass. Antibodies bass line is nuts. The harder chords on pro guitar hard+ scare me ~:/

I remember learning guitar by using one finger to find the root notes and then converting those to 5th and barre chords, so the Easy / Med / Hard / Expert transition is probably just as valid, however, you'll be getting false feedback from the game as to your actual playing as it'll be filling in the notes for you. This will not help your ear in recognising pitch, tuning, etc. and and also the string mute removes the feedback between the chord and vibrating strings.

I am not a skilled solo player at all, so my hurdle is going to be those widdly-widdly-woo metal guitar solos, but I'm not going to jump the gun and dive straight in to Yngwie Malmsteen or something. I'm going to learn the guitar solos as they've set them out - I Love Rock 'N' Roll is the third song, and not too difficult. I'm confident I'll get that pretty quickly.

I'm confident that they've really structured this well, so I'm doing it all from the very start, even the 'strum one open string' lessons, etc. and I can see how it guides a novice through admirably.

Does anyone have he pro guitar in stock? Price including midi adaptor?

Never played an instrument before? Could this teach you to play from scratch and even tells you how to strum etc?

Thomann.de think they're getting some in later this month, and are charging £201/€229

Shipment due to arrive on 24.05.2011

Shipping costs

shipping to the U.K.

free shipping on orders over 199 EUR (175 GBP)

Says normally in stock in 6 days but I never trust those estimates. I'm thinking about chucking my Keyboard and Stand as well as my 3DS up for sale to pay for it. I dunno. I've been badgering my boss to see if Centresoft can acquire them, but they're being evasive. Or he's being shit, but my first guess is probably right.