Rock Band!

Strawp

Highly unlikely to be a popular hit on the forum but it was Tastes Like Kevin Bacon by Iwrestledabearonce.

I got 5 stars on Pro Expert for this before I knew, so I don't think it was that bad.

I tried 'Even Rats' by The Slip, and every yellow/blue/green symbol is a cymbal hit.

Strutter was one of my favourite tracks to play on Guitar Hero 2, and I have to say the live version on Rock Band is even better. I'm normally averse to live versions but this is pretty damn close to the original. It's not too challenging to play, but it's just plain fun

its so obvious isnt it?

everyone gets an good part in the mix, varied bass which isnt hidden in the mix, powercord to solo guitar, keyboard solo's with some heavy synth and some keyboard centric songs.

easy vocals and some parts which match well with drunken screaming :)

if not all of angel dust, Everythings Ruined would be enough

Next week's DLC

• Culture Club – “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me”

• Faith No More – “From Out of Nowhere”

• Loverboy – “Working for the Weekend” X

• Phish – “Stash” X

• Phish – “Tweezer”

• Stone Temple Pilots – “Big Bang Baby” X

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system May 4)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Faith No More :wub:

Oh man, my most wanted FNM track :wub:

It is not quite my favourite of theirs. But it is the one that makes me want to bounce off the walls the most whenever I hear it. Can't wait - but as has been said, a full album like Angel Dust would be perfect because all the instruments feature quite prominently.

Spent some time with Vimster and Valeska from the forum today along with some others and had a day of Rock Band 3 funs; since I was the only one with a Mustang I hauled it along with me and tried to mash out some Pro Guitar stuff, but I'm so out of practice it's not even funny. Everything moves along so fast for my creaky old fingers and I ended up flailing through everything. :P It was all good fun though, and I got a massive thumb blister for my troubles. :D

Spent some time with Vimster and Valeska from the forum today along with some others and had a day of Rock Band 3 funs; since I was the only one with a Mustang I hauled it along with me and tried to mash out some Pro Guitar stuff, but I'm so out of practice it's not even funny. Everything moves along so fast for my creaky old fingers and I ended up flailing through everything. :P It was all good fun though, and I got a massive thumb blister for my troubles. :D

You should have had a break and played on the drums or keys for a couple of songs. We could have broken out one of the vanilla guitars for a bit. I couldn't have stood there playing that for 4+ hours straight that's for sure.

That'd be the sensible option. I'm not good at sensible. :( Bouncing around with a guitar all day with little regard for my energy, whilst wondering why everyone else is slumped on the furniture completely knackered wasn't a good move...

I've been trying this past week to unlock the 'Rock Band Immortal' achievement (5 star every song in RB3 on Expert Mode). I did the majority on Guitar/Bass, but was left with a few I had no chance of finishing. I managed to complete a couple on keys which left me with 6 songs: 'Antibodies,' '25 or 6 to 4,' 'No One Knows,' 'Caught in a Mosh,' 'Beast and the Harlot' and 'Llama.' Now, I'm not much of a drummer, so that left me with *shudder* vocals - something I don't really do except when others come round for drunken RB.

I dug out my Lips mic and attempted all of the above, with little success. After about half an hour, though, the batteries died in the microphone so I decided to use my old RB1 wired mic, whereupon I completed 'Antibodies,' 'No One Knows' and '25 0r 6 to 4' all on my first attempt. Are the Lips mics shit compared to the RB ones? I only bought them because they were cheap and wireless. Either that or my singing voice improved dramatically in the space of half an hour.

Anyway, I think I can probably do 'Caught in a Mosh' on vocals and 'Llama' on keys with a bit of effort. No idea how I'm going to do 'Beast and the Harlot' though. I could just about scrape 3 stars on vocals.

TL:DR version: Are the Lips microphones crap compared to the official RB ones?

'Llama' on keys with a bit of effort.

I should point out that Llama is rather easy on vocals if you don't sing but hum. What makes that track difficult is the pace of the lyrics, but they're all on the same note. Hum that and it's an easy 5*. Going for keys is an exercise in madness for Llama.

I'm not sure what it is about the lips mics, they appear OK most of the time and then others the pitch is apparently all over the place and wobbling... though that could be because i'm a shit singer.

I should point out that Llama is rather easy on vocals if you don't sing but hum. What makes that track difficult is the pace of the lyrics, but they're all on the same note. Hum that and it's an easy 5*. Going for keys is an exercise in madness for Llama.

I have got up to 4.5 stars on 'Llama' on keys which is waaaay better than what I got for Guitar/Bass/Vocals, but if humming is easier I'll try that, thanks.

Any tips for 'Beast and the Harlot?' ;)

I can't remember if this was one of them but I had a few songs (going for the Hard equivalent of this achievement) that I found easiest playing either Guitar or Bass parts using the keyboard controller. Anything that has long repeated sections is much easier on keys than strumming, I found. Might be worth a try.

I have got up to 4.5 stars on 'Llama' on keys which is waaaay better than what I got for Guitar/Bass/Vocals, but if humming is easier I'll try that, thanks.

The only way I could do Beast and the Harlot was on harmonies with 2 mics. Still took quite a few attempts but some of the other singing parts are at the same pitch so you get more points than you would for just doing normal vocals.

Beast and the Harlot's not completely dreadful on the drums, is it? Granted, you mash your way through the solo awkwardly, but outside that it's not too demanding.

Llama's fairly okay on the bass, 25 or 6 to 4 is easy on bass, Caught in a Mosh is tough all around, Antibodies annoys me and No One Knows is one of the best drum songs so just keep playing it 'til you get better, ta