Rock Band!

Strawp

Is it wrong that I want to take singing lessons just to be even better at Rock Band? I'm not terrible (give me the right song and I can do it well, and I can 100% loads on Expert), but I want to be better. :D

Edge of Seventeen on vocals shows me up for the charlatan that I am.

I'm new to the joys of Rock Band (Yeah, I know) but can somebody tell me if you can use a Pro guitar as a 'normal' Rock Band guitar, is it used in the same 5-button/strum way? I'd like to buy one that's future-proofed but I'm only a four-button rookie at the moment!

The Mustang can be used as a nornal guitar, the Squier cannot.

However, it's bloody difficult to use it as such, because the buttons are so much smaller and strumming strings isn't as easy as using a bar. Maybe it's something that you'd get used to in time, but I'd rather stick to a normal guitar for regular mode play and if I have mates over, I ask if they can bring a guitar.

I'm not terrible (give me the right song and I can do it well, and I can 100% loads on Expert), but I want to be better. :D

As with Singstar, the game seems to score me quite highly but I sound fucking dreadful. I can't sing at all really. Doesn't stop me giving it some welly of course!

The Mustang can be used as a nornal guitar, the Squier cannot.

However, it's bloody difficult to use it as such, because the buttons are so much smaller and strumming strings isn't as easy as using a bar. Maybe it's something that you'd get used to in time, but I'd rather stick to a normal guitar for regular mode play and if I have mates over, I ask if they can bring a guitar.

Cheers!

Fry, are you on Xbox or PS3? If you're on PS3, let me add you for leaderboard fun.

I'm all about love for vocals in this. They are my most played instrument over the three games by miles and still my favourite. Probably because I fancy myself as a decent singer in real life, but not good enough to actually be in a band or anything.

How good is Edge of Seventeen on vocals? REAL good. It has probably the three best vocal bits in any RB song.

1.) The whole "The clouds never expect it..." part after the second chorus when she really goes for it, leading to....

2.) The 'OooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrnnnnnNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAHHHHH' at about the three minute mark.

and 3.) The outro starting from "Well I hear you, in the morning, and I hear you, at nightfall"

:wub:

This is the best thing out there for vocalists, man. I'm telling you.

Took me a few tries (kept messing up the 'eyes on him' line from the first verse) but I finally managed this:

eos.png

Best game ever etc.

I'm on 360, so sorry dude. :)

You hitting those at the right octave? I just can't do it so have to drop down, but this song just doesn't work if it's not sung properly.

Everything apart from the 'that I first laid eyes on him' line, yeah. I had to go into high falsetto to hit that one as what I normal sing there turned out to be the low harmony.

It's the line "And I see you doing what I tried to do for me" that gets me, and anything else that high.

It's odd though, there are songs that go that high and I can reach it (such as Man in the Box), and then others that I can't. I guess it's the way they're structured.

Edit: come to think of it, Man in the Box isn't quite as high... which also helps explain it. :D

Next week's DLC

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (April 19):

• Anberlin –- Breaking”

• Mastodon – - Blood and Thunder” X

• Ohio Players –- “Fire”

• Ohio Players –“- Love Rollercoaster” X

• Relient K –- “Must Have Done Something Right”

• Tommy Tutone –- 867-5309/Jenny” X

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system April 20)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=218714

I did the same thing a few months ago too, only using separate playlists for each of the different games:

Rock Band 1 Setlist

Rock Band 2 Setlist

Rock Band 3 Setlist

Lego: Rock Band Setlist

If you want a single playlist, you can put them all in a folder. Never got around to doing the DLC, though.

The live version of Good Vibrations in RB3 is from Beach Boys Concert :)

Beginning April 26, Harmonix will offer a three-pack of songs from Roy Orbison in the Rock Band 3 Music Store of downloadable content for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii. Roy Orbison: 75th Birthday Pack will feature "Blue Bayou", "Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)" and "Only the Lonely (Know the Way I Feel)".Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (April 26):

* Roy Orbison "Blue Bayou"

* Roy Orbison "Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream)"

* Roy Orbison "Only the Lonely (Know the Way I Feel)"

(All tracks are original master recordings)(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system April 27)These tracks will be available for purchase as "Roy Orbison: 75th Birthday Pack" as well as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii.

Maybe I'm not on the right mood, but the last month in DLC for Rock Band has been (for my musical taste at least) a complete delusion. I mean, it is Rock Band, where are the great songs from the past such as Led Zeppelin,one or two new Blue Oyster Cult songs, Deep Purple again ( "Burn" anyone?),Rolling Stones?

I mean, we also need something stronger in the conception of Rock/Metal/Heavy Metal/Symphonic and so on.

Roy Orbison, ooookkkey, we had some songs on the marketplace, maybe we had enough, last week we had Anberlin, Mastodon, Ohio Players, Relient K, Tommy Tutone but I do not see great names or songs to be remembered.The week before Fleetwood Mac....again...

Please Harmonix, we need(I need?) something to revive the true spirit of rockband, big names, anthems, full albums that made the history of rock.

At least on the RBN, please let us have a little bit of different genres ,Viking Metal for example (Thyrfing "URKRAFT"), where the use of the keyboard is massive and completely integrated in the experience.

Just my opinion guys, I'd like to hear what you think.

vlad

I kinda agree. The last DLC I got excited about was Meatloaf, only because there's now a possibility of even more Meatloaf in the future.

Anyone else noticed the RB3 'upgrades' of older DLC seems to have stopped since the backlash of having to pay again? We had Bon Jovi and Queen and that's it. I wonder if they didn't sell as well as Harmonix hoped.

I think it's unfair to lump Mastodon in with the other bands, they're still pretty active and popular. I've been more annoyed with any recent bands they have plucked up - mostly indie rock that isn't wildly exciting. Stuff that might be alright to sing but that's about it, really.