Rock Band!

Strawp

Next week, we’re bringing you a three-pack of songs from artists who performed at one of the best known (and expensive to refer to) music festivals of all time as part of the Days of Peace Pack 01. The pack features the breakout hit from Jefferson Airplane, “Somebody to Love,” which peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 and is listed in Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. “Spinning Wheel” from American rockers Blood, Sweat & Tears will also be included in next week’s pack. The song was released in 1969, peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was nominated for three Grammy Awards in 1970. Santana’s classic song, “Black Magic Woman,” will also be featured in Days of Peace Pack 01. The song was recorded in 1970 and helped propel the album Abraxas to No. 1 and earn quadruple platinum status in 1986.

DragonForce, who fans may remember from other music video games, are making their debut for Rock Band 3 next week with “Through the Fire and Flames” and “Operation Ground and Pound,” both from the band’s third album, Inhuman Rampage. “Through the Fire and Flames” is one of DragonForce’s biggest hits and reached No. 86 on the Billboard Hot 100, and has a Pro Guitar upgrade available for Rock Band 3.

As always, songs available as downloadable content for Rock Band 3 feature five-button guitar and bass parts, drums, Pro Drums, and keys, Pro Keys, and harmonies, where applicable. Some songs also feature Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades available for an additional $0.99 upgrade download.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation 3 on March 29

Days of Peace Pack 01

* Jefferson Airplane – “Somebody to Love”

* Blood, Sweat & Tears – “Spinning Wheel”

* Santana – “Black Magic Woman” X

Singles

* DragonForce – “Through the Fire and Flames” X

* DragonForce – “Operation Ground and Pound”

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks for $1.99 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, and $2.00 on Wii, and as “Days of Peace Pack 01” on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii for $5.49. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song. For more information about Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades, visit our support section. Rock Band 3 Pro Mode requires Rock Band Pro-compatible instrument controllers.

Well, thanks for sharing.

I love the song, and I've been eager to... 'attempt' it again ever since I sold my old GH stuff. Should be interesting to see how far I've developed since then. I'll probably fail miserably, but hey!

They've done a pro-guitar upgrade for it too. LOLZ. I await the YouTube videos eagerly...

\m/

Dragonforce is also the worst name for a band I have ever heard.

Although The Airborn Toxic Event comes close. Why would you basically call your band Fart?

Sorry, slightly OT.

Back to Rock Band - I've just ordered the three cymbal pack from Madcatz so I can replace the dodgy cymbal on my pro drumkit and keep the others as spares.

Well, thanks for sharing.

I love the song, and I've been eager to... 'attempt' it again ever since I sold my old GH stuff. Should be interesting to see how far I've developed since then. I'll probably fail miserably, but hey!

They've done a pro-guitar upgrade for it too. LOLZ. I await the YouTube videos eagerly...

\m/

I like to share :) It's probably born from the manky cunts that come in and proclaim it to be THE BEST SONG TO PLAY EVER even though it's akin to being punched in the cunt by a large navvy wearing a knuckle duster and only half as fun.

It'd be interesting to see the drum track for TtFaF as well - has it ever featured in a mainstream "band" game before?

EDIT: oh okay, GH: Smash Hits, but still...

Not one that anyone in the world has played, then.

From GAF:

Love Will Tear Us Apart is coming to DLC soon.

And a track from Anamanaguchi is coming to RBN shortly too :wub:

Dragonforce is also the worst name for a band I have ever heard.

I think the name Dragonforce reflects their music pretty well, in all honesty. Also, Butthole Surfers.

Nice to see some hard songs on the old instruments. I can't imagine anyone managing to do TTFaF on Expert Pro Guitar.

I think the name Dragonforce reflects their music pretty well, in all honesty. Also, Butthole Surfers.

Nice to see some hard songs on the old instruments. I can't imagine anyone managing to do TTFaF on Expert Pro Guitar.

I think one of the Harmonix guys said you pretty much have to play it in Breakneck Speed if you want any chance of reading the notes.

It's totally shit and I'm probably going to buy it. And Santana as well. Harmonix really need to start doing recent stuff (or recently 'renewed' stuff) though, I can't imagine the likes of Billy Joel, Depeche Mode and Bob Marley selling amazingly regardless of the quality.

Harmonix really need to start doing recent stuff (or recently 'renewed' stuff) though, I can't imagine the likes of Billy Joel, Depeche Mode and Bob Marley selling amazingly regardless of the quality.

The Billy Joel pack sold really well, somewhat surprisingly.

Somebody to Love though, eh? What a song.

Not wrong there!

I've also been waiting on Spinning Wheel ever since it was rumored for inclusion in RB3. Whole pack is great.

Liking the news on Joy Division too. They seem to be plundering a bunch of british 80's stuff recently (New Order, Depeche Mode, Smiths...) so Im hoping this turns up soon too:

Well I play with it off because it feels like I'm cheating otherwise (but that's just me). But also because some songs are a real challenge and I want to know I'm making improvements. I'd never know whether I was finally nailing something like the freebird solo unless I have no fail off.

On the contrary, I can't understand playing with no fail on. Having a challenge makes the game much more satisfying when you beat something that you couldn't before, forces you to improve, and hugely improves replayability.

The inability to fail is why I got bored of DJ Hero very quickly.