Rock Band!

Strawp

Bit of a rash, thoughtless decision my end. Got cravings to play Lego Rock Band late last night, so thought I'd get it on the 'on demand' thing.

Wish I'd Googled first! I was hoping to export those tracks right there, the Lego-block notes irritate me no end.

A little tech support if any of you fine people can help.

I've just grabbed rb3 & I'm trying to import my rb2 songs.

I've tried both codes (rb2 manuals 25 digits, rb3 16 digits) both within the game and on xbox live dash.

Inside the game is doesn't allow me to enter & 25 digit code. Fffffuuuu

Btw the rock band support page is down as well. <_< <_<

Got mine yesterday and am loving it so far. I like how slick the start of the game is now, loading in DLC etc. A;ways seemed ponderous before when continuing a career and waiting for everything to load in.

Not quite sure what stand-ins do though, other than replace the character which took me ages to create. I just get my stand ins playing instead with no sign of my own character, so they have gone.

I'm hoping they get decent clothing options like the last game as I had a fairly good approximation of Jimmy Page in RB2 and I'm a bit sad I can't carry him over, or make someone like him (clothing wise)

I'm hoping they get decent clothing options like the last game as I had a fairly good approximation of Jimmy Page in RB2 and I'm a bit sad I can't carry him over, or make someone like him (clothing wise)

I was really happy when I found that after plenty of saving I was able to craft a pretty faithful recreation of my old RB2 character; a combination of some fetching pinstripe trousers and the "Duke of Jackets" (I think that's the name, anyway), with the added awesomeness of the UK bandana. :D I have a few photos of my old and new look on my pictures page, although the site's prone to downtime now and then...

I'm a bit confused about the new Queen (RB3) pack. I couldn't help but notice that the pro guitar upgrades are available for both the new versions and the old versions of the same songs in the store. Fair enough, it's a good idea, and as it's presumably using the same charting information, it's no extra work on their part. But then how, in the case of the original Somebody To Love, where the majority of the piano is charted to the guitar, have they done a pro guitar upgrade for that song, when the audio stem is going to be completely different from the new version? Or does the pro upgrade for that song include a new audio stem? And if they can replace the audio in an upgrade, why aren't they just replacing the songs on the store entirely with the new ones?

I is confused.

(I bought it, of course. W00t, Queen!!)

Not quite sure what stand-ins do though, other than replace the character which took me ages to create. I just get my stand ins playing instead with no sign of my own character, so they have gone.

Stand ins play in the band on instruments where you have no human player, they shouldn't replace anyone. Make sure that your profile has your character selected, and he should appear whatever your instrument.

Stand ins play in the band on instruments where you have no human player, they shouldn't replace anyone. Make sure that your profile has your character selected, and he should appear whatever your instrument.

Hmm, I'll have another try with it later. I chose 4 stand-ins and when I came to play my first song, I had girls on bass and guitar (I was playing guitar), and some camp looking guy on drums. My character (male)was missing completely.

Hmm, I'll have another try with it later. I chose 4 stand-ins and when I came to play my first song, I had girls on bass and guitar (I was playing guitar), and some camp looking guy on drums. My character (male)was missing completely.

Yeah, this happens, but it's a minor annoyance. Just remember to always check your character whenever you change instruments. It only takes half a mo thanks to the overshell.

(I bought it, of course. W00t, Queen!!)

Right on 8)

Got to say, I was expecting the RB3 version to basically contain Keys AND pro Guitar, or at least an upgrade option for both if you already own the prev version. Still, I'm waiting for the Squier so it's not really an issue for me yet. I get the impression Pro Guitar is going to be a 'pick a few songs and learn them' thing for me anyhoo so I'll pick what I want when the time comes.

What is the deal with online now? I played online for the first time earlier and wondered why the guy I was playing with wasn't choosing any songs even though he was in control of the venues. I realised I had control of picking songs, then next batch he did, then it said me again, but he picked the songs while I was browsing, even though it said it was my turn.

Truth be told, I'd rather whoever was in control picked the songs.

I get the impression Pro Guitar is going to be a 'pick a few songs and learn them' thing for me anyhoo so I'll pick what I want when the time comes.

I'd love to say "yeah, I'll be doing the same" but then I haven't got a Pro Guitar yet. I'll probably hunt for one after Christmas, but that little voice in my head is saying get one while I still can. If I still can.

Agreed, I'll jump on the Squier as soon as it becomes available over here. Got my ££ set aside for it, just waiting for the green light.

If you're after the Mustang, I'd say you'll be relatively safe to get one from GameShark for the next few months, but if you want to pay a cheaper price online (eg ShopTo) I'd be thinking this side of Xmas, yeah. My worry with the Mustang is testing all 80-brazillion buttons on it before it becomes impossible to replace it - I had a nightmare with my Fender Bass through Gameshark, took me 3 before I got one with a working tilt (even then it's pretty undependable, but I'd had enough fannying about by that point) but the courier-ing back and forth for 2 months is something I'd dread going through again.

A proud day, today! I played medium guitar since the days of Guitar Hero 1, only finally making the move to hard guitar when The Beatles Rock Band came out. Since then, I've made good progress, getting comfortable on hard difficulty and scoring in the high 90s without too many problems. Today I decided it was time to get started on the beginning tiers of expert guitar, and I finally scored my first ever set of gold stars. :)

Yay!

Billy Joel 12 pack!

We knew this was coming for quite awhile, and today we finally find out exactly what songs are coming to Rock Band DLC. If you were lucky enough to hit up Umloud last night, you would have gotten a sneak preview of the songs, but below is the full track listing for the rest of us.

Big Shot *

Captain Jack

It’s Still Rock and Roll To Me

Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song) *

Only the Good Die Young *

Piano Man

Pressure

Say Goodbye to Hollywood

The Entertainer

The Stranger

We Didn’t Start the Fire

You May Be Right

As a lifelong Billy Joel fan, I've been waiting for this one. :)

Great track selection. They've avoided the temptation to go for the obvious hits - so nothing off An Innocent Man, and thankfully no sodding Uptown Girl - and instead concentrated on the earlier 70s stuff which should be great on keys. I'm particularly surprised to see Captain Jack in there.

Shame they couldn't find room for Angry Young Man or Scenes From An Italian Restaurant, but there's always hope for a Billy Joel Pack #02 in the new year.