Rock Band!

Strawp

The whole pack's great. Well, almost. I'd have preferred the originals of Sex Farm and Listen to the Flower Children. The Funky edition of Sex Farm isn't too bad, the reggae version of the latter just doesn't sit right with the rest of the pack (or, indeed, the album).

Was going to do it all on guitar tonight but my playing was sorely lacking as I failed on the bridge of Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight. The shame. So I grabbed the mic and my little lungs sang some heavy duty rock and roll.

I did do Stonehenge on guitar as well though, cos the banjo solo is ace. Going to have to play that with the higher frets for added authenticity.

Just went to post in the bargains section but someone beat me to it. But in case anyone missed it - Rock Band 2 is £24.99 at Play at the minute.

Grrrrrr. You had me excited, but that's just the PS3 version.

Ah well, only a month or so till the beatles.

I had Rock Band 2 in my last house where my housemate had a 360. Now I'm back at home all I have is a Wii.

I'm considering getting a 360, although it'll solely be to play Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I have no interest in any other games. Is this wise, or should I just stick with the Wii versions? I would quite like to play online and there's more DLC on 360 is there not?

I'm considering getting a 360, although it'll solely be to play Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I have no interest in any other games. Is this wise, or should I just stick with the Wii versions? I would quite like to play online and there's more DLC on 360 is there not?

There's no DLC on the Wii version of RB, there is on the Wii RB2, but that's not released in the UK yet. I've not played the Wii version of RB, but have played the PS2 version which I believe is pretty similar, and its a much worse experience than the PS3/Xbox360 versions IMHO (although the actual gameplay itself is identical, World Tour is missing, character customization is missing, no online etc).

If RB2 for the Wii is coming soon, I'd recommend waiting for that if you don't want to splash out on an Xbox360. It brings up RB on the Wii to feature parity with its PS3/Xbox360 cousins, including online stuff and DLC. By all accounts a massive improvement over the Wii RB1.

I had Rock Band 2 in my last house where my housemate had a 360. Now I'm back at home all I have is a Wii.

I don't think it's at all extravagant, and the 360 is definitely the one to go for if that's all you're going to play. I play it for a couple of hours almost every day and with the continuous DLC I don't think I'll ever get tired of it during its lifetime. It's totally repaid its cost in the sheer amount of fun I've had with it.

Hey gang,

Here's the DLC that will be available next week! A little old, a little new, a few live tracks and a few tracks from a band that exists only as a cartoon! Enjoy!

Tracks available on Xbox 360 (Aug. 11) and Playstation 3 (Aug. 13):

Gorillaz “Clint Eastwood”

Gorillaz “Feel Good Inc.”

Gorillaz “Re-Hash”

Janis Joplin “Piece of My Heart”

The Band “Chest Fever (LIVE)”

Jefferson Airplane “White Rabbit”

The Who “Magic Bus (Live at Leeds)”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as part of the “Gorillaz Pack 01” or as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 systems.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Gorillaz Pack 01”

Piece of my Heart? Win!

My drumming is coming along happily. I'm comfortably 5-starring The Perfect Drug, Painkiller, Battery and a bunch of others on Hard that I wouldn't have dreamed of a couple of months ago, and I've moved up to Expert on the majority of the pre-Nightmare/Impossible stuff.

My achilles heel with drumming is definitely kicks alternating with drum hits (I've managed to overcome the off-beat kicks problem I was having before). The 'Odd Riff' section of Battery is the prime example. I just automatically fall into kicking and hitting at the same time. Need more drum trainer time I guess :hat:

So does anyone have any firm details about the Beatles instruments?

I still really want a set of RB2 drums and have been holding off replacing my knackered RB1 drums for months now.

It looks to me like the Beatles kit is actually going to be released over here, and that the drums are RB2 drums – the first time these have been available in the UK.

However it also looks like the only way to get them is going to be to buy the complete Beatles instrument set for the princely sum of £180 (which also gets you a bass guitar, a mic and a mic stand).

Have I got this right – or does anyone know if there are any plans to release the Beatles drums separately? As usual, information is thin on the ground, but damn I miss my drumming.

So does anyone have any firm details about the Beatles instruments?

I still really want a set of RB2 drums and have been holding off replacing my knackered RB1 drums for months now.

It looks to me like the Beatles kit is actually going to be released over here, and that the drums are RB2 drums – the first time these have been available in the UK.

However it also looks like the only way to get them is going to be to buy the complete Beatles instrument set for the princely sum of £180 (which also gets you a bass guitar, a mic and a mic stand).

Have I got this right – or does anyone know if there are any plans to release the Beatles drums separately? As usual, information is thin on the ground, but damn I miss my drumming.

I wouldn't be surprised if they released them seperately down the road*. I mean, the hardware will already be over here, so all they'd have to do would be to repackage it.

*However I'm pretty sure that some of us were expecting RB2 instruments "down the road"

I recently returned to RB (after being obsessed with MvC2 and other Marketplace tat), and after staying away from it for so long I was a bit shocked as to how out-of-practise I was; I'm fumbling songs which I've played so much that I should know inside-out. That said, I do still get a little overambitious at times and go in on Expert when I really shouldn't... :)

Have they changed the timing settings between Rockband 1 and Rockband 2? I picked up 2 last week and have been having trouble with lots of missing notes when there is a constant stream of them to be hit.

I recently used the same guitar on guitar hero and didn't have any issues at all. I have a Panasonic plasma and didn't need to alter anything in Rockband 1 at all, it worked fine for me straight out of the box. But something seems off with RB2 for some reason.

I tried using the auto calibration thing - but it is fucking awful. Surely there is an easier way to get it set up properly. It just made it worse trying to do all that bollocks of strumming when you hear a drum beat. Cheers

Have they changed the timing settings between Rockband 1 and Rockband 2? I picked up 2 last week and have been having trouble with lots of missing notes when there is a constant stream of them to be hit.

I recently used the same guitar on guitar hero and didn't have any issues at all. I have a Panasonic plasma and didn't need to alter anything in Rockband 1 at all, it worked fine for me straight out of the box. But something seems off with RB2 for some reason.

I tried using the auto calibration thing - but it is fucking awful. Surely there is an easier way to get it set up properly. It just made it worse trying to do all that bollocks of strumming when you hear a drum beat. Cheers

They changed the way the calibration works (it used to go by how much the sound was offset by the video, but now both are calibrated separately); however, if it worked without any calibration before, it shouldn't need any now. The timing windows are the same.

I've certainly had more trouble calibrating RB2 than I did with RB1. I actually found it easier to calibrate using the drum kit than I did with the guitar, it's easier to hit a drum with precise timing than it is to use the slightly woolly strum bar. But it still took me a few attempts (try calibrating five times and taking an average).

I want the guitar to be released separately, I fancy a second guitar and don't like the GH ones. If they fail me on this, why, I'll download some songs with naughty lyrics and sing them REALLY LOUDLY.

There are 2 Beatles branded guitars for preorder from various online sites, most of em charging a shocking £90! I think I seen 1 charging £80 but that's still far too much.

By the look of em the strum bar is still to close to the start button which annoys the hell outa me when I hit it by accident mid song. The GHWT wireless guitar is now my weapon of choice.

I've never accidentally paused whilst playing the guitar. Hit Back quite a few times though to activate overdrive.

On the calibration front, it took me a while to properly set up RB2, but I had forgotten that in the intervening time I'd hooked up a surround sound system and so the audio needed calibrating properly.